swans-eagles qf, best match since...

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an okay game from a neutral perspective because it was close... it wasn't a high standard game because both sides were fairly useless going inside 50 and the ball ping ponged between the half foward lines because nobody was really going inside 50 with any kind of purpose.

I rather see a high scoring game where both sides are going direct, even if it results in a blowout.

12.12 vs 13.7 is too low of a score to be really entertaining. At one stage the camera panned across the ground and both teams were on one side of the ground during the second quarter...

big_bazza said:
I was an OK match - Good for a Swans game. Only get that far though cause Chick wasn't suspended for the best hit since Guerra was rubbed out for his hit on Dal Santo....

natlovestheswans said:
.. the 2005 GF?
this game was close - not good - there is a massive difference. Watch a Western Bulldogs game and you will understand what I am saying!

skzm said:
ie, the first match most swans supporters watched...
My first one was this one:

Sydn 21-12-138 Ess 17-17-119 SCG 21,853 02-07-1995

Although the first game most swans got on board was this one

Sydn 10-10-70 Ess 10-9-69 SCG 41,731 21-09-1996

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tas said:
It was an okay game from a neutral perspective because it was close... it wasn't a high standard game because both sides were fairly useless going inside 50 and the ball ping ponged between the half foward lines because nobody was really going inside 50 with any kind of purpose.

I rather see a high scoring game where both sides are going direct, even if it results in a blowout.

12.12 vs 13.7 is too low of a score to be really entertaining. At one stage the camera panned across the ground and both teams were on one side of the ground during the second quarter...

Does your other head agree with you, Tas?

It's called a contest, knibbler. Why would anyone want to watch a one-sided game of prancing pretty boys running up and down the paddock scoring goals at will?

Umm Essendon v West Coast in 2004 (round 3???,cant remember, but the one where Hirdy kicked that last minute goal and gave that dude a hug) brilliant match:thumbsu:

The game v Bulldogs a week or two before that was also a classic.

Premo said:
Umm Essendon v West Coast in 2004 (round 3???,cant remember, but the one where Hirdy kicked that last minute goal and gave that dude a hug) brilliant match:thumbsu:

The game v Bulldogs a week or two before that was also a classic.
Saw bits of that game but if you want the end to it check this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VTfh9ttjVA

Hirds goal was tops

Remove this Banner Ad

Back