Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, been a fan of bigfooty for a while but haven't posted until now :)

1. Where are you from?
Sydney born and bred

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?
Got taken to my first game as a 13 year old in round 1 back in 1999, knew very little of aussie rules. We got well beaten and in hindsight it was a very ordinary game of footy but I still fell in love with it from that first game. Suddenly my weekends were dominated by the Swans and whether we won or lost. Thankfully I've got a bit more perspective in my life these days but the Swans are still a huge part of it.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?
17 years

4. Favourite players (current)?
Josh Kennedy, Dane Rampe, Bud, Aliir Aliir, Kieran Jack, Nick Smith, Benny McGlynn, Sam Reid

5. Favourite players (all time)?
In no real order... Goodesy, Paul Kelly, Plugger, Wayne Schwass, Nic Davis, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton, Craig Bolton, Andrew Dunkley, Mick O'Loughlin, Tadgh Kennelly, Stuey Maxfield, apologies to others I can't think of right now

6. Favourite Swans memories?
2005 and 2012 grannies, Goodesy's goal on one leg in the 2012 GF, the last second 2005 semi final win vs Geelong, the 1999 home and away super comeback vs North Melbourne, the 2003 qualifying final win away vs Port, Robbie Ahmat kicking goal of the year back in 2000.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
Watching in the local TAB where I worked at the time. No one was watching the races in the final few minutes of the game, it was all about the Swans.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?
Framed guernsey signed by all members of the Swans 1996 grand final team

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? At 64 - quite a few places! Started playing Rules in Hay 1964. Lived most of my working life in Sydney. Last 8 years in Kiama (hence the nick).
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Supported another team for 34 years. Switched to Swans in 1998 because my son wanted to follow with me and he, as a Sydney boy born and bred, needed to follow the Swans.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 18 years. Stronger supporter since I retired. I started to realise just what a good club this is from top to bottom. They appear to treat everyone with the respect that we all deserve, no matter their station in life, star or person to be delisted. Tried to get Jesse to Adelaide when he wanted that, then to Melbourne. Looked after Jetts when his family wanted him to go home.
4. Favourite players (current)? Every last one of them? Especially love the guys who were not rated by their original clubs and made it here, like JPK and Benji, BoltonC, Teddy and Laidler. Also the kids like Paps and Aliir. Outperforming what people thought they could be.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Browning, Lockett, Kelly, Ryano, Magic, Goodsey.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Chatting with the three indigenous players at the first (1998) Paul Kelly Cup. Cookey, Magic and the very young and very shy Goodes. Lovely guys. Opened my son's eyes big time. Oh yeah, 2012 GF!
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Working overseas.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 premier's T Shirt.

Teddy chester

All Australian
Jun 11, 2016
SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Ballarat
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Dad was south melbourne supporter
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? All of my life
4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy, Heeney, Hewitt
5. Favourite players (all time)? Tilt, toohey, plugger, deisel, LRT,
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005, 2012 GF, Kelly Brownlow
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? House party for local team mates
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Signed jumper skilton & round

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
1. Where are you from? At 64 - quite a few places! Started playing Rules in Hay 1964. Lived most of my working life in Sydney. Last 8 years in Kiama (hence the nick).
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Supported another team for 34 years. Switched to Swans in 1998 because my son wanted to follow with me and he, as a Sydney boy born and bred, needed to follow the Swans.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 18 years. Stronger supporter since I retired. I started to realise just what a good club this is from top to bottom. They appear to treat everyone with the respect that we all deserve, no matter their station in life, star or person to be delisted. Tried to get Jesse to Adelaide when he wanted that, then to Melbourne. Looked after Jetts when his family wanted him to go home.
4. Favourite players (current)? Every last one of them? Especially love the guys who were not rated by their original clubs and made it here, like JPK and Benji, BoltonC, Teddy and Laidler. Also the kids like Paps and Aliir. Outperforming what people thought they could be.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Browning, Lockett, Kelly, Ryano, Magic, Goodsey.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Chatting with the three indigenous players at the first (1998) Paul Kelly Cup. Cookey, Magic and the very young and very shy Goodes. Lovely guys. Opened my son's eyes big time. Oh yeah, 2012 GF!
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Working overseas.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 premier's T Shirt.
Beautifully said KC. Yep, it's such a great club, and you're clearly very proud to be a part of it.

1. Where are you from?
Sydney born and bred, moved to Copacabana five years ago.
I was a mad leaguey and used to argue with my Swans fanatical boss about how superior my game was as opposed to "Aerial Ping Pong", so he took me and my daughter to my first game V the Doggies in May 2002. We got pumped by about 60 points but I was in love! Joined my whole family up as members the following week and 15 years later we are all still members and all still as fanatical. Missed my first home game as a member this year when I lost my brother and I was in Coffs. My children have been raised to know that NOTHING gets planned during the season - first grandchild due in March!
15 years
The lot of them but Josh Kennedy is something special.
Dicky Navis
The two GF wins.
Having a heart attack at the game!
2005 signed premiership guernsey and signed 2012 premiership guernsey.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Long time lurker!

1. Where are you from?
Born and bred in Newcastle. Moved down to Canberra in 2010 and to Melbourne in 2012.
Through primary school we had a couple of boys move to newcastle. They grew up as Hawthorn fans in Melbourne. They basically pushed the game on quite a few of us and converted us from league to AFL fans. Being in Newcastle, Sydney were the logical team to follow.
12 years.
Nick Smith, Heeney, Rampe, Hannebury, Kennedy
5. Favourite players (past)?
O keefe, maxfield, kennelly, Nick Davis
Definitely the two grand final wins. Being st the MCG in 2012 will always live in my memory.
7. Where were you for the 2005 Gf?
In my hawthorn mates' granny flat dressed in my bonds singlet I had painted the red v onto and knocking back beers as a minor.
A sherrin signed by the full squad from last year. A signed buddy boot.

asenath

Draftee
Sep 7, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Well, after peaking with my first post, I'd better crash-land somewhere safe ;) Here goes!

1. Where are you from? Geelong. Well, it's where I've been living the last few years, anyway.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Dad was Essendon, Pa was Collingwood, so I took a third option rather than take sides. I was born in Sydney so that was a natural fit. Thank Gawd I did!

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? I was there for 26 losses in a row. That sucked. Betting a Melbourne supporting mate that we would beat them, undaunted by the previous 26 games? Made it all the sweeter when we won.

4. Favourite players (current)? JPK, Paaaaaaarker, Aliir (what a great guy), Rohan, the list goes on really

5. Favourite players (all time)? Add Goodesy, Captain Courageous and Leo Barry. Kirk, so happy he's back. Always liked Mark Bayes for some reason too.

6. Favourite Swans memories? That goal, that mark. Goodes in the 2012 GF. Beating Geelong at the Cattery in 2011. Making the prelim in 2003, and the montage before the game of all the experts who tipped us to finish last.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watched it at home, when we won went to Punt Rd oval to see the team presented to the fans. Amazing experience. Would do a again. This year maybe?:p

Well, after peaking with my first post, I'd better crash-land somewhere safe ;) Here goes!

1. Where are you from? Geelong. Well, it's where I've been living the last few years, anyway.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Dad was Essendon, Pa was Collingwood, so I took a third option rather than take sides. I was born in Sydney so that was a natural fit. Thank Gawd I did!

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? I was there for 26 losses in a row. That sucked. Betting a Melbourne supporting mate that we would beat them, undaunted by the previous 26 games? Made it all the sweeter when we won.

4. Favourite players (current)? JPK, Paaaaaaarker, Aliir (what a great guy), Rohan, the list goes on really

5. Favourite players (all time)? Add Goodesy, Captain Courageous and Leo Barry. Kirk, so happy he's back. Always liked Mark Bayes for some reason too.

6. Favourite Swans memories? That goal, that mark. Goodes in the 2012 GF. Beating Geelong at the Cattery in 2011. Making the prelim in 2003, and the montage before the game of all the experts who tipped us to finish last.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watched it at home, when we won went to Punt Rd oval to see the team presented to the fans. Amazing experience. Would do a again. This year maybe?:p

Welcome friend!

1. Where are you from?
Sydney born and bred, moved to Copacabana five years ago.
I was a mad leaguey and used to argue with my Swans fanatical boss about how superior my game was as opposed to "Aerial Ping Pong", so he took me and my daughter to my first game V the Doggies in May 2002. We got pumped by about 60 points but I was in love! Joined my whole family up as members the following week and 15 years later we are all still members and all still as fanatical. Missed my first home game as a member this year when I lost my brother and I was in Coffs. My children have been raised to know that NOTHING gets planned during the season - first grandchild due in March!
15 years
The lot of them but Josh Kennedy is something special.
Dicky Navis
The two GF wins.
Having a heart attack at the game!
2005 signed premiership guernsey and signed 2012 premiership guernsey.
Hi Im Miggs

lowerjup

Draftee
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey Guys,

1. Where are you from? Have been living in Sydney my whole life
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Only NSW team when i was a kid
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 22 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Josh Kennedy
5. Favourite players (all time)? Barry Hall
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 GF by far!
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Family BBQ
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Team signed 2005 Guernsey

Artygunner

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi All,

New here but have been a swan since I can remember!

1. Where are you from? Born in Perth, but now live in Melbourne. Lived in Sydney when I was 7 and that's when I started following the footy. Warwick Capper was playing!

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Loved going to watch the swans at the SCG and Warwick Capper

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was 7

4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners or Rampe

5. Favourite players (all time)? Plugger or Kirky

6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 GF!!!!

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the army pub

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 premiership framed poster

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around the site for a few years now & thought it was time to be brave & say g'day. Can't wait for Saturday - Bay M50 here I come!!!

1. Where are you from?
Country S.A.
Moved to Sydney in 1991 and went to every Sydney game I could for the next 6 years before getting homesick & moving back to S.A. In those days the Brewongle Stand was sometimes a cold, sad & lonely place for a Swans fan.
25 years
Love 'em all although Gary Rohan gets me going and I'm loving watching South Aussie boy George Hewett develop. Gotta love a country boy!
Jeez that's a tough question. Roosy was good to watch and memories of yelling out "Roooooooooooos" whenever he touched the ball still makes me smile. Kirky had it all going on.
Doing after-match slideys on the SCG in the pouring rain. All of our tight finishes - it's stressful being a Swans supporter! Being at the 2012 granny.
Ceduna (870km west of Adelaide) on a hot northerly day with crap TV reception & a (ex)husband who didn't think I should waste his (my) money on the trip to Melbourne.
Signed limited edition photo set from the 2005 win
Hi. Many plans for grand final day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi. Many plans for grand final day?

Yep! I plan to watch the Swannies win another flag!
Flying solo this year after going to our last 2 with my Hawthorn mates.

Yep! I plan to watch the Swannies win another flag!
Flying solo this year after going to our last 2 with my Hawthorn mates.
Ohh ok well i hope you enjoy the day! look forward to posting with you in the future. Im 6'3 and enjoy long walks along the beach btw xoxox

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney
Ohh ok well i hope you enjoy the day! look forward to posting with you in the future. Im 6'3 and enjoy long walks along the beach btw xoxox

Hahahaha!! Be careful what you wish for. I'm 5'10" and spend 8 hours a day with a gun attached to my hip

Skhilton14

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi everyone, my name's Emma and I'm fairly new to this, so glad to have found a place full of people just as passionate as I am!!
1.Where are you from?
I'm from Melbourne.
2.Why did you start supporting the Swans?
My Grandmother followed South, and she passed that on to my Dad who passed it on to me.
3.How long have you been supporting the Swans?
Followed the boys since birth. Love them more than anything.
Love JPK, he's the beating heart of our club. Love Hanners, George Hewett, Cray, AJ, and Parks (can I name them all??)
Goodesy, Jude Bolton, Tadhg, Bob Skilton, Teddy Richards.
2012 GF siren, cried for a long time afterwards, most amazing day of my life.
7.Where were you for the 2005 GF?
Right up the back of the southern stand, as high as you could possibly be, best seats in the house in my eyes.
8. Favourite piece of swans memorabilia that you own?
Personalised signed Adam Goodes gurnsey.

lowerjup

Draftee
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys, just signed up for a 2017 membership! Picked seats in Bay 33, Are they good seats? Wanted this side due to hating the sun on the other. Hope its ok to ask in this forum!

Hey guys, just signed up for a 2017 membership! Picked seats in Bay 33, Are they good seats? Wanted this side due to hating the sun on the other. Hope its ok to ask in this forum!

Hey lowerjup, they should be good to great seats... enjoy! Probably not the right/best place for this question (but not wrong I don't think either!). I think you might get more responses if you post in the thread called: Posts that don't deserve a thread (random opinion or questions)

Enjoy your seats! :D

Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys, I've been lurking this board for several years now :$ but thought I finally introduce myself to everyone...

1. Where are you from?
Sydney

I watched a few Swans games on TV in mid 90’s (I grew up as a Balmain Tigers supporter). I was invited to games by my AFL mad mates in the early 2000’s and to experience a game live got me hooked!

A Swans club member since 2005, prior to this I’d always use my mate’s spare pass from his SCG membership to go to games.

Josh Kennedy, Hannebery, Buddy, Parker, Heeney, Grundy

Goodes, O’Loughlin, Captain Kirk, LRT, Schneider

The obvious ones - ’05, ’12 Grand Finals wins, the ’05 Semi against Geelong…but last year when the entire club & fans rallied behind Goodes….the standing ovation at the SCG in the Adelaide game in that 3rd qtr, I’ve never been prouder to be a supporter of the club.

Fortunate enough to be sitting high up in the partially completed Olympic? stand at the MCG. We also happened to stay in the same hotel as the Swans in 2005 and wished some of the boys good luck on the day!

Just memories…I have a few things signed and some photos taken with players, and a heap of merchandise :D

Hi everyone, my name's Emma and I'm fairly new to this, so glad to have found a place full of people just as passionate as I am!!
1.Where are you from?
I'm from Melbourne.
2.Why did you start supporting the Swans?
My Grandmother followed South, and she passed that on to my Dad who passed it on to me.
3.How long have you been supporting the Swans?
Followed the boys since birth. Love them more than anything.
Love JPK, he's the beating heart of our club. Love Hanners, George Hewett, Cray, AJ, and Parks (can I name them all??)
Goodesy, Jude Bolton, Tadhg, Bob Skilton, Teddy Richards.
2012 GF siren, cried for a long time afterwards, most amazing day of my life.
7.Where were you for the 2005 GF?
Right up the back of the southern stand, as high as you could possibly be, best seats in the house in my eyes.
8. Favourite piece of swans memorabilia that you own?
Personalised signed Adam Goodes gurnsey.
Hi Emma welcome to the board. Let me know if you need any help. Im only a PM away :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back