Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Where are you from? Perth (originally Country Vic)
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Grandfather barracked for South Melbourne.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 26 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Parker, Kennedy... Everyone in red and white.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, LRT, O'loughlin, Luff, Dunkly, Goodes (list goes on)
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 finals series lockettttt..., 2005, 2012, beating Melbourne in 1993.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Mates place / 2012 at the MCG
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 1995 signed team photo and a slab of sealed 2005 Carlton draught premiership Cans

Last edited:

chicken Caesar

Senior List
Apr 22, 2016
SA
AFL Club
Sydney
Just joined up, seemed like a good place to start.
1. Where are you from? Rural SA
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Used to go for the crows but as I grow older I realised just how much I hated their supporters so I jumped on the red and white bandwagon
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Close to 11 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Parker & Smith
5. Favourite players (all time)? The chimp (saw him on open mike and he was so modest, also can't argue with 3 Brownlows)
6. Favourite Swans memories? Both premierships
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Match worn Heath Grundy 2015 heritage guernsey

chicken Caesar

Senior List
Apr 22, 2016
SA
AFL Club
Sydney
The club washed before they sent it. I'm not really sure if I prefer match worn guernseys washed or not. Any thoughts?

BlueRoses

Debutant
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm from the western suburbs of Sydney. All through school, on the topic of sports, all anyone ever spoke about were rugby or cricket, Afl was laughingly called "GayFL". I don't know if I was the only Swans/AFL fan in school but it sure felt that way. I came to be a fan of the Swans after randomly seeing a game on TV once and being intrigued enough to find out more. It seemed common sense to me that since there was only one Sydney club at the time, I would be a Swans fan. (Fun Fact: When I doing work experience as a journalist I got to be at the press conference when GWS announced the signing of Israel Falou.) Being a fan was kinda casual until the 2014 GF loss. I was so sure that either way it wouldn't really matter since it was just a game to me. But when we lost, I was genuinely heartbroken and it really surprised me how much the Swans had come to mean to me.

I don't really have favourite players. I support and love them all, although I do have a soft spot for the players that don't get the spotlight yet contribute all the same.

BldStainedAngel

Cancelled
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? East Coast Australia
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Moved to Sydney from UK, mid 80s, dad thought it was a wacky and cool game and took his girls along for the ride.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Longer than some of our current (and senior) players have been alive
4. Favourite players (current)? The whole team
5. Favourite players (all time)? Leo Barry, Plugger, Goodes, CAPPER
6. Favourite Swans memories? Swanettes and Leo Barry.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? My loungeroom in Byron Bay screaming with joy.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Everything I have been gifted at the Rising Sun, South Melbourne.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Moved to Sydney from UK, mid 80s, dad thought it was a wacky and cool game and took his girls along for the ride.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Longer than some of our current (and senior) players have been alive
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? My loungeroom in Byron Bay screaming with joy.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Everything I have been gifted at the Rising Sun, South Melbourne.
Another female. Hallelujah! And welcome to the board.

kickingstraight

Draftee
Jun 10, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Kind of all over the place but right now Toronto, Canada.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Spent my teenage years in Sydney.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 13/14 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Kennedy, Heeney, Parker
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kirk, J Bolton, L Barry, Kennelly, Pyke
6. Favourite Swans memories? "Leo Barry you star"
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home, losing my mind.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Guernsey signed by cpt Kirk.

1. Where are you from? Kind of all over the place but right now Toronto, Canada.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Spent my teenage years in Sydney.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 13/14 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Kennedy, Heeney, Parker
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kirk, J Bolton, L Barry, Kennelly, Pyke
6. Favourite Swans memories? "Leo Barry you star"
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home, losing my mind.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Guernsey signed by cpt Kirk.
Welcome :)

hi im miggs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

leaf

Draftee
Jul 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I've read the forum posts for a couple of years. It suddenly dawned on me that I'm a fan too. I've been a long time. That I could join in here and make the play, so hi.

1. Where are you from? Western Sydney
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Early 90s
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 20 plus years.
4. Favourite players (current)? Parker
5. Favourite players (all time)? kirk and goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? seeing 2012 gf in pub with rowdy fans
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? looking for a TV in the Czech republic to watch game. Missed out.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Memories...

Hello to everyone on this page starting out like I am. And lets hope that the Swans can reproduce a Kardinia park win like a few years ago.

Arishem

Draftee
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Point Cook - West of Melbourne
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Family tradition. Dad was grew up opposite the South Melbourne market. I think he had the beanie on me 20 seconds after i popped out.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? I'm 40 something.
4. Favourite players (current)? Josh Kennedy
5. Favourite players (all time)? Sir Adam Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? Leo Barry You Star!!
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? My apartment in Kuala Lumpur scaring the locals with my screaming.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Dad's old beanie.

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from?
The USA, eastern third of Tennessee

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?
Discovered Footy in 1982 when ESPN started showing highlight shows. Had tuned in to watch Canadian football. Took watching several times to begin to figure out this insanity. Thankfully, I learned a special show would explain the rules, and I made sure I caught it. That first game I saw was a Swans win.
And no other team has stolen me from the bloods.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Off and on since 82. (whenever I could catch broadcasts before ESPN stopped showing them. Thank God for high speed internet.

4. Favourite players (current)? McVeigh, Hanneberry, Heeney, Tippett, Kennedy, Kiernan Jack, Rohan & Parker. Really excited about Papley as well.

5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, Warwick Capper, and there is only one Tony Lockett.

1. Where are you from?

Discovered Footy in 1982 when ESPN started showing highlight shows. Had tuned in to watch Canadian football. Took watching several times to begin to figure out this insanity. Thankfully, I learned a special show would explain the rules, and I made sure I caught it. That first game I saw was a Swans win.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Off and on since 82. (whenever I could catch broadcasts before ESPN stopped showing them. Thank God for high speed internet.

4. Favourite players (current)? McVeigh, Hanneberry, Heeney, Tippett, Kennedy, Kiernan Jack, Rohan & Parker. Really excited about Papley as well.

5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, Warwick Capper, and there is only one Tony Lockett.
Welcome to the board :)

Been on here for a while now but why not give it a go!

Where are you from? Coogee (of the WA variety)

Why did you start supporting the Swans? I was too young to remember, but from what my Hawks-loving mum told me, it was because I thought Tony Lockett was a mythological giant and he just amazed me (I wish I was joking). My mum has actual home videos of me running around as a toddler screaming at the TV, "GIANT!"

How long have you been supporting the Swans? Apparently since I was two and just randomly picked up a Swans scarf, which would mean 1997.

Favourite players (current)? Sir Dane of House Rampe, Grundy, Parker, K. Jack, Hanners

Favourite players (all time)? Adam Goodes, Stuart Maxfield, Barry Hall, Tony Lockett, and my all time favourite, Nick Malceski

Favourite Swans memories? The 2005 & 2012 GF's obviously, that horrific run of tight games in the finals series of 2005, going to the Irish Pub after one of the games years back when my parents sneakily gave me a beer and running into Tadgh Kennelly. And going to all of the Sydney-West Coast games at Subiaco during that rivalry era.

Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home, with my grandfather whose a die-hard Eagle, and him feeling really guilty because he didn't want to make his ten-year-old grandson cry every time West Coast kicked a goal. I had the last laugh though that day!

Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Not signed or anything but the framed club posters of the 2005 and 2012 Sydney Swans team photos hanging on my wall. It's literally the first thing you see as you walk through my front door, so there's not a day that goes by where I don't do a sneaky fist-pump every time I come home from work and remember I follow the greatest club in the competition.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Been on here for a while now but why not give it a go!

Where are you from? Coogee (of the WA variety)

Why did you start supporting the Swans? I was too young to remember, but from what my Hawks-loving mum told me, it was because I thought Tony Lockett was a mythological giant and he just amazed me (I wish I was joking). My mum has actual home videos of me running around as a toddler screaming at the TV, "GIANT!"

How long have you been supporting the Swans? Apparently since I was two and just randomly picked up a Swans scarf, which would mean 1997.

Favourite players (current)? Sir Dane of House Rampe, Grundy, Parker, K. Jack, Hanners

Favourite players (all time)? Adam Goodes, Stuart Maxfield, Barry Hall, Tony Lockett, and my all time favourite, Nick Malceski

Favourite Swans memories? The 2005 & 2012 GF's obviously, that horrific run of tight games in the finals series of 2005, going to the Irish Pub after one of the games years back when my parents sneakily gave me a beer and running into Tadgh Kennelly. And going to all of the Sydney-West Coast games at Subiaco during that rivalry era.

Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home, with my grandfather whose a die-hard Eagle, and him feeling really guilty because he didn't want to make his ten-year-old grandson cry every time West Coast kicked a goal. I had the last laugh though that day!

Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Not signed or anything but the framed club posters of the 2005 and 2012 Sydney Swans team photos hanging on my wall. It's literally the first thing you see as you walk through my front door, so there's not a day that goes by where I don't do a sneaky fist-pump every time I come home from work and remember I follow the greatest club in the competition.
Eagles grandad, Hawks mum to a Swan...natural evolution at its finest:p

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
1. Where are you from?

Ever seen a game live? I always followed the sport. But it was when I attended my first game and heard that first cheer from 30k supporters that I was hooked! Hope you make it down under some day.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Been lurking on here for a few years now, no better chance to join in!
Where are you from? Burnaby, British Columbia
Why did you start supporting the Swans? After your 2012 cup win the fact a local boy from Vancouver in Mike Pyke was part of it was big news back here, so I decided to see what the game was about. The colours didn't hurt
How long have you been supporting the Swans? Coming up to four years
Favourite players (current)? Kurt Tippett
Favourite players (all time)? Mike Pyke
Favourite Swans memories? Hard to really say at this stage. But I loved the video Mike did with the great one.
Where were you for the 2005 GF? Have to leave this blank but I've watched the game since on youtube
Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Brought a jumper off the club website with the 38 on the back
Welcome. Nice to see some more of our OS supporters introducing themselves. Don't be a stranger and get posting:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back