Swans mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Now, in the unlikely event that the removal of cola biting and the coupling of a possibility of a few good f/s and academy players, the swans may need to move a mid on.

Players such as may find a new home (all contracted):
Hannebery
Parker
Mitchell

Swans need a first ruck and KPD. So in this hypothetical fire away.

(Purely for interest. Ridiculously unlikely anyway would leave til 2016-2017)

I'm sure someone is on the table.... but not sure who it'll be, we have quite a few untouchables really - McVeigh, Jack, Bird and Cunningham are NSW boys - wouldn't really expect to see them on the move. Same for Mitchell, can't imagine Sydney will let a father son pick go early. That leaves Hannebery, Kennedy, Parker, McGlynn and now Jake Lloyd.... McGlynn and Lloyd would be the only one not considered critical to the side. We're going to have to turn a couple of these fellas into half back flankers or maybe a lock down defender - although what do you do with Gary Rohan, Shane Biggs and Zac Jones who are earmarked for those spots....? Amazing depth really, especially when you consider O'Keefe can't even make the match day squad anymore.

Anyway, I think we'll hope there is some currency for Towers, Membrey, Lloyd, Walsh and Smith, use them to upgrade picks in the draft. We'll hold onto the rest and cross fingers everyone likes their toys in rather than out of the pram. We'll also have to push a few retirements over the next couple of years - Shaw, LRT, Malceski, Goodes, O'Keefe and probably Pyke and eventually Richards off the top of my head.

First ruck and KPD.... Nicholls at the Suns is a very good shout, but not really sure what they'd need/want from us? KPD is a little different, we may well hold out hope Richards can hang on so that either Johnson can get back or we build via the draft - hence my opinion we'll be looking for pick upgrades to get a shot at the big names. I'm thinking Jake Lever specifically

Anyway, I leave it open for other posters now, will be interesting to see how others see/value our players

Anyway, I think we'll hope there is some currency for Towers, Membrey, Lloyd, Walsh and Smith, use them to upgrade picks in the draft. We'll hold onto the rest and cross fingers everyone likes their toys in rather than out of the pram. We'll also have to push a few retirements over the next couple of years - Shaw, LRT, Malceski, Goodes, O'Keefe and probably Pyke and eventually Richards off the top of my head.

Luckily we re-signed Nick Smith at the start of the season..

DEFENDER Nick Smith has re-signed with the Sydney Swans for another season, committing himself to the club to the end of 2016.

Smith was due to come out of contract at the end of next year, when he would have been a free agent.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-03-17/swans-resign-important-defender

Now, in the unlikely event that the removal of cola biting and the coupling of a possibility of a few good f/s and academy players, the swans may need to move a mid on.

Players such as may find a new home (all contracted):
Hannebery
Parker
Mitchell

Swans need a first ruck and KPD. So in this hypothetical fire away.

(Purely for interest. Ridiculously unlikely anyway would leave til 2016-2017)
You'd have clubs lining up with top five picks for Hannebery and Parker, first round picks for Mitchell too.

But I see Towers, Membrey, Rohan, O'Keefe (someone would take him IMO) etc all moving on before your elite mids.

You'd have clubs lining up with top five picks for Hannebery and Parker, first round picks for Mitchell too.

But I see Towers, Membrey, Rohan, O'Keefe (someone would take him IMO) etc all moving on before your elite mids.
Could see Roos very eager to package up Towers and Membrey for us I reckon. Just a hunch.

Could see Roos very eager to package up Towers and Membrey for us I reckon. Just a hunch.

ROK will be at your club next year in some capacity I reckon. He could play but I think he would be great in an assistant coaching role in the coming years with Roosy there, such is the respect they would have for each other.
Just my thoughts.

Can't imagine Roos would be that keen on giving up Frawley to get them though....

Your second rounder and a pick upgrade in the 4th is about the mark for Towers and Membrey, their contract situation gives the bargaining power to you... unfortunately.

I expect Roos will go for Perris too... plus sound out Smith about heading home and O'Keefe re development coaching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell is a player they would look at.

Look... but don't touch.

Mitchell is highly unlikely to be available - to anyone. You'd need Lycett and something pretty decent and i'm not sure you have it especially once Waterman costs you your first rounder.

To be a little bit left field here, I would, as a Brisbane supporter, not at all be against us putting Leunburger forward.

Before I get wooden stakes thrown at me, a few things:

1) Yes, he has had injury concerns, but a lot of that may be to do with the training ground he has.
2) Hes still young for a ruck
3) Hes shown in the past that he could a premier ruck if he could get a break
4) We have West, as well as a few other players who can cut him a break when needed.

We would benefit from having someone like Parker or Hanners. It would be essentially what we tried to do with Moloney, but with the benefit of them being a long term fix.

Swans get free access this year to another highly rated mid who isn't a f/s.

Why is this?
Swans academy player. Bidding as if f/s.

Luey would definitely be a huge consideration if it were to come up in a trade situation. Would be mad to not at least look as at it

I'm thinking Jake Lever specifically

Anyway, I leave it open for other posters now, will be interesting to see how others see/value our players

Looks like a likely type indeed. Knee reco would make me hesitant

Sold.

We've got plenty of backs and Mitchell will be a star. Gimme gimme gimme.

Might have to be a pick upgrade involved somewhere, but it's not far off in my mind.

Looks like a likely type indeed. Knee reco would make me hesitant

Might have to be a pick upgrade involved somewhere, but it's not far off in my mind.
You mean you want us to throw in a pick? Hmmm, which round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back