Club Focus Sydney Swans 2023 - Grundy, Jordon, Hamling, Adams, Dow (?)

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Are you worried about Logan leaving?

Not really but honestly we have to not be brainless in terms of how much we pay to keep him. He’ll play r1 this year looks good to go which he hasn’t before. Not uncommon a KPP takes a while

I'm with LP#1. Not too worried, but not complacent either. Will be happier when he's signed.

I think most likely there will just be a civilised discussion about his remuneration and contract length and that will be it. I think Logan will want to stay, and Logan's management will want top dollar, and Kinnear Beatson will do what needs to be done to keep him. Fortunately we should have enough cap space, but I hope we're not screwed because of it. We might have to surrender to being screwed a little bit because if Logan decided he wanted to go to WC we'd be worse than screwed.

Losing out on a grand final slot can be a killer for some players.

His contracted for two years, has hit the season with aggression and will have ample opportunity to lead our forward in the future sans Reid and Franklin.

Honestly not concerned about Logan at all.

I’m still filthy that we didn’t pick Serong, he is exactly what we need now.

At the time I understand the Stephens selection I wanted Flanders myself.

Dyl Stephens up for grabs?
Probably. Can't see another reason we're preferring Clarke as sub over him. Either we've made the call, or he has told us he's going to look elsewhere. I'd like to extend, but that may not be the best for him.

He's not South Australian. Could easily go to a Vic club.

That’s right get the other one mixed up. Oh well The draft isn’t perfect unfortunately. The Ling Disaster and the Stephens pick have been two awful selections though many said it at the time with the first one.

That’s right get the other one mixed up. Oh well The draft isn’t perfect unfortunately. The Ling Disaster and the Stephens pick have been two awful selections though many said it at the time with the first one.
Ling was a disaster because of injuries, he wasn't a reach and he could have been amazing, we'll never know.

It's frustrating, but I'm not going to play Captain Hindsight over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been written off by Longmire and once you’re on the outer with him you’re gone regardless of your talent, see Allir, Nic Newman, Hewett, Darcy Cameron

Can see him thriving at a club where his skills are used correctly and has a supportive coach

Tom Morris saying Sydney are looking at an inside mid, Ollie Wines? Jack Steele? Jacob Hopper? Dylan Shiel? Elijah Hollands? I think the one that makes the most sense is actually Bailey Smith, extremely marketable to take over from buddy, the blonde mullet ala Warwick capper, outside the melbourne footy bubble but still in a big city, right age profile for the core of the list and with more inside mid responsibility will probably regain his best form, maybe its more realistic in 2024 though

Tom Morris saying Sydney are looking at an inside mid, Ollie Wines? Jack Steele? Jacob Hopper? Dylan Shiel? Elijah Hollands? I think the one that makes the most sense is actually Bailey Smith, extremely marketable to take over from buddy, the blonde mullet ala Warwick capper, outside the melbourne footy bubble but still in a big city, right age profile for the core of the list and with more inside mid responsibility will probably regain his best form, maybe its more realistic in 2024 though

Doubt that Wines, Steele or Hopper would be available (all would be at their lowest value, so crazy to be let go by parent clubs)

Sheil would have to come cheap, with his salary mostly paid by Essendon (so not happening).

Elijah Holland's I could see, but we would be part of a large group of clubs chasing him.

The Swans need a 'marketable' player as much as any team.. And the Swans have 'marketable players' like The Lizard, The Chad, Errol, Heeney, Paps etc etc etc

Yikes! Hopefully Beatson and co give Bailey Smith the hardest of Hard Passes. The poor bloke cannot kick over a jam tin.

Dylan Shiel seems cooked and injury stricken. Being re-United with Parker would be pretty funny. Imagine Luke would let fly with a few famous satirical shoulder shrugs.

Hopper is a solid B Grader on reportedly A Grader wages. Along with Taranto he was farewelled by a GWS happy neither was a loss to their midfield.

Steele has been a yeoman contributor for the Saints and I cannot imagine we’d offer more than what he is getting there.

Personally I like Hollands and hope we have asked his management and the GoGo.

Wonder if they're looking at Paddy Dow.

Eh... sounds more like speculation.

Pass on Bailey Smith. Good player but reckon we would be looking more for a tall inside mid.

Would love Steele but he ain’t leaving.

Would really love Wines but like Steele he ain’t going anywhere. ppl have jumped off him but he had no preseason and was chasing his tail all year, he’ll be back next year.

I was keen on Hopper last year, is exactly what we need but that ship has sailed.

Shiel and Smith are 100 miles off being inside mids and we have plenty of outside runners as is.

In terms of ‘glamour/ high profile players’ , historically we have tended to go for tall forwards on that space ie Capper, Lockett, Hall, Buddy etc

I strongly agree that we need an inside mid and have so for the past couple of years however there aren’t a lot of good ones around let alone available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back