2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayward from memory played sfa Ressies in his first year. Dawson was stuck in the 2s while others stunk it up in the ones.

And oh yeah, Allir spent a silly amount of time in the 2s. Good for his development?

I will be cranky if Rowbottom does not get a go in front of KJ, the new Jared Moore of our twos

I was referring to midfielders though, but yes, Aliir’s initial year or so in the NEAFL was definitely good for his development. Think it’s clear where I stand on his second stint in the NEAFL...

Hayward was the same as Blakey. Not ready, but capable of cameos you can get away with playing as a forward.

Agree re Rowbottom and Jack. If the spot is there and it’s between a fossil and a kid, always go the kid. But still think it’s best for him to be getting as much consistent footy into him in the reserves that we can this year.

One of the reasons I would keep Rowbottom in the NEAFL this year is his position. He is a mid. Not much point promoting him to the forwards.

I would let him develop this year than put him in the MIDDLE next year.

JPK can semi retire forward after Dan Meh leaves.

SYDNEY

B:
51. R Barkley 59. J Rayner 54. C Flanagan
HB: 27. J McInerney 41. H McLean 33. R Stoddart
C: 32. J Bell 15. K Jack 6. J Thurlow
HF: 16. Z Foot 47. T Pink 45. S Wicks
F: 49. C Hirst 46. J Amartey 2. D Menzel
R: 60. M Knoll 42. R Fox 4. R Clarke
Int: 55. J Barling 50. C Kilpatrick 48. K McGrath 53. K McKellar 57. L Swaney
Emg: 58. Z Cameron 52. J Pawle 56. K Veerhuis

In: 2. D Menzel 47. T Pink 4. R Clarke 57. L Swaney
Out: 25. B Ronke (AFL) 8. J Rowbottom (AFL) 56. M Geddes (omitted)

GOLD COAST

B:
57. R Buckland 21. J Leslie 45. J Dawson
HB: 43. J McLennan 46. C Graham 31. J Murdoch
C: 33. G Horlin-Smith 35. M Rischitelli 42. C Nutting
HF: 60. C Portelli 29. C Burgess 15. A Young
F: 19. J Corbett 32. B Crossley 37. I Rankine
R: 22. T Nicholls 40. J Heron 54. L McDonald
Int: 59. M Conroy 53. A Davies 50. F Greenwool 52. C Joyce 61. E Semaan
Emg: 51. B Deslandes 48. M Selsby

In: 33. G Horlin-Smith 31. J Murdoch 37. I Rankine 59. M Conroy 43. J McLennan 19. J Corbett 15. A Young 53. A Davies
Out:
49. M Riordan (unavailable) 58. D Koenen 55. J Gore 59. A Crossley 53. C Budarick 58. H Oea (All Allies) 18. B Scheer (AFL).
New: 37. I Rankine 31. J Murdoch

One of the reasons I would keep Rowbottom in the NEAFL this year is his position. He is a mid. Not much point promoting him to the forwards.

I would let him develop this year than put him in the MIDDLE next year.

JPK can semi retire forward after Dan Meh leaves.
Woops.
That didn't happen.
But I agree with you!
May get a look at what a couple of academy boys can do in there if the team sheet is correctly put together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foot excellent again there. Got a touch on the ball to our advantage that allowed us to gain the ball defensive side of the square, then pushed up with the ball winning the ball again, giving to Hirst who hits up a Swans who gives to McLean for a goal in the square.

Used pace and some strength to burst through to get it to Hirst. Senior footy kind of attributes imo. One of the best things I've seen him do so far at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back