Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

This comment earns a very rare "phwoaar"

Because that is a massive call. Don't repeat it around my granddad or he'd want you charged for it! He reckons Skilton's the best he's ever seen and he saw all the greats - Barassi, Matthews, etc. One of his favourite sayings is, "But he's not Bob Skilton."

"I can't believe we let George Hewett go, he's such a good player."
"But he's not Bob Skilton."

"Geez did you see Heeney's game the other night?"
"Pretty good, but he's not Bob Skilton."

"Aren't you glad your mob's got Harley Reid pops?"
"Why? He's not Bob Skilton!"

If it wasn't so flattering towards one of our own, it would be ****ing annoying LOL

I think its a big call to say George Hewett isn't equivalent to Bob Skilton ....

Because that is a massive call. Don't repeat it around my granddad or he'd want you charged for it! He reckons Skilton's the best he's ever seen and he saw all the greats - Barassi, Matthews, etc. One of his favourite sayings is, "But he's not Bob Skilton."

If it wasn't so flattering towards one of our own, it would be ****ing annoying LOL
I couldn't believe it

My dad asked Bob Skilton for an autograph once when he was 10 years old and he told him to, "* off kid," so I don't view him through rose coloured glasses. 😂

Different players of different eras, so kinda incomparable. I just think that he'll be that good.

The two comments over the weekend that stuck out for me:

- Kane Cornes pointing out how Swans and in particular Chad were so physically dominant. The number of times Warner just took on the tackler and brushed him aside. 18 months ago we got bullied out of the GF. Wouldn't happen today.

- Buckley comparing Swans today with 2012 team, combining incredible pressure with the ability to link up and move the ball after forcing the turnover.

Honestly Friday night's game was the most complete Swans performance I've seen in years. It doesn't worry me we/re not being talked about much right now. Grand finalists both getting flogged is more newsworthy. Plus it's not doing much for sales, downloads , whatever of the Pies' just-released self-loving premiership documentary. COmedy gold.

As long as the list remains healthy, experts are going to spend the rest of the year talking about the Swans.
I agree with the sentiment of your comment but not the sentence in bold. We have not proven tough enough in the last 3 grannies and that is the only place we can show we have changed.

Back to media , Lachlan McKirdy has 2 stories , the first about how we move the ball , but it's more an interview with Jake Lloyd and the 2nd is that the Giants are the fastest growing clubs in NSW (that's why only 8,000 went last week for a certain Roo cull )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My kid at a similar age had a very similar experience with Glenn McGrath at the cricket. Cold as. Not even a smile.
On the other hand every Swans player we've met has been warm and friendly. Every single one. Coaches too.
Steve Waugh and Alan Border were shocking

My kid at a similar age had a very similar experience with Glenn McGrath at the cricket. Cold as. Not even a smile.
On the other hand every Swans player we've met has been warm and friendly. Every single one. Coaches too.
Not surprising from someone who went trophy hunting. **** him.

Well we found out later Glenn loves killing large animals with a gun, so it isn't surprising he is an a-hole.

So? It's the official website of a multi million dollar entity. Should be able to get basic grammar correct. Looks shabby and unprofessional otherwise.

It's not just some bozo like me and you making posts in an informal capacity.
Whoever is the main content producer (writer) for the Swans website has shown over a few months now that they have a modest grasp of formal English grammar. This isn't a one-off, or just a failure to proof-read.

He's nearing a knighthood for mine. Such a ripper bloke.

Holy Moly boys and girls... I COULD HEAR THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS!! :eek:

<no Bedford this does not mean you can go back to using capitals>

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back