Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I Rewound, fast forwarded, Rewound, Fast forwarded, Rewound and fast forwarded until eventually fell off the chair when It was clear there was no match summary. Joke. The token gesture was The pat on the back from Lloyd.
I did the same. I said to the missus after that that the sunday footy show will never again be on our tv. If she wants to watch it, she can go to the loungeroom and watch it on the other tv . I'd rather watch the test pattern. Young ones of today wouldn't know what the test pattern is.

We are still the only club in history to have a out of season AFL360 show dedicated to a recruitment of one player which turned into a free for all slander on the club.

As a 30yr member it was probably the most disgraceful attack on the club i have seen 40mins of accused cap/cola rorting from Eddie and his goons.
None of those Vic goons ever mentioned the 5 players we had to let go that year, including Mummy, to facilitate that pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbf, they moved onto Freo and what they were going through which is a reasonable thing to do
I think that’s the point though.
The Sydney - Freo game was important because of the tragedy in the lead up and the fact that one team is now head and shoulders above the rest. There were clear talking points but little interest in pursuing it.

First crack cracked me up the most.
“The big take away from the weekend was that anyone could win the flag. Anyone. No one is doing better than anyone else. In fact, those not in the top 4 are more likely to win than those in the top 4. There is little point in even looking at the top of the table. It could be anyone. Not even worth naming them. Best not to look”.

I think that’s the point though.
The Sydney - Freo game was important because of the tragedy in the lead up and the fact that one team is now head and shoulders above the rest. There were clear talking points but little interest in pursuing it.

First crack cracked me up the most.
“The big take away from the weekend was that anyone could win the flag. Anyone. No one is doing better than anyone else. In fact, those not in the top 4 are more likely to win than those in the top 4. There is little point in even looking at the top of the table. It could be anyone. Not even worth naming them. Best not to look”.
The First Crack comment was probably in lieu of the fact that teams placed 2-4 all lost. Hence it’s an open field.

The top 10 bargain recruits of 2024

1. Brodie Grundy

In effect they turned Dylan Stephens into Grundy. What a masterstroke.

For the departing Stephens they gave up pick 25 but got back 44, also securing the Roos’ pick 19 (an end of first-round compensation pick) in 2024.

Then they gave up a 2024 second-rounder and pick 46 for Grundy.

So they went from Stephens to Grundy by giving up a 2024 second-rounder, which could be around pick 40, and improved their draft hand from 25 to this year’s 19, while also keeping this year’s first-rounder.

5. James Jordon

It’s only early days, but Jordon’s move from Melbourne to Sydney has been spectacular.

Jordon kept the in-form Jordan Clark to only 16 possessions and helped himself to 18 along with eight score involvements.

ha, yeah, hard to comprehend being top of the table somehow creates a mainstream football media blind spot
can you imagine if essendon or carlton were doing what we've done so far?
but all jokes aside, this minimal victorian media coverage is really dismissive and disrespectful to the core south melbourne fans who are obviously such a big part of the swans, and who ensure such a large, passionate red-and-white presence at games in victoria
so in that regard, it's unprofessional, unfair and just not good enough
After not being mentioned at all on the Sunday Footy Show, I wasn't expecting a hell of a lot from SEN's Mean Test. I wasn't disappointed (should I say surprised). Kingy and the greatest Swans hater of all in Gerald Whately went through the entire show without a mention to us until they came to the seedings where there both had us as number one. At the very end, Kingy then says "I should have spoken a little more about the Swans". A little more?? Just saying the word Sydney would have been more than what you originally gave us.
As an ex South Melbourne supporter, I am disgusted as to how we are reviewed (should say, not reviewed) by the Victorian media.
No doubt the same will apply tonight on 360 and on the couch. Everyone's now in love with that shit of a team called Essendon. We all know that they will still go another year without winning a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back