Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the narrative move to our supposed choking in grand finals. They will be relentless
It is a legit argument. Longmire has a poor record, not least is in selecting unfit players. 2014 and 2022 were days of shame for our Club

AFL even called the teams not playing in the opening round as having the bye? But it doesn’t count to you.

View attachment 1999661

The disadvantage which you miss is that the Swans had no break before opening round after preseason.

Also by having a bye in round 12 then play 12 games to finish season. WTF indeed.

They had the advantage of a week longer pre season.

AFL even called the teams not playing in the opening round as having the bye? But it doesn’t count to you.

View attachment 1999661

The disadvantage which you miss is that the Swans had no break before opening round after preseason.

Also by having a bye in round 12 then play 12 games to finish season. WTF indeed.

Of course by definition it's a bye as they're not playing in a competitive round. If you seriously think those teams gain any sort of advantage equivalent to our bye in Round 5 I can't help you.

WTF indeed.

Oh no, no gap between a pre-season game and the first round, how did we cope?

AFL caused this extra bye debacle because they jumped the gun and locked in Gather round until 2027 in Adelaide which flew in the face of its initial plan and purpose. They then created opening round as a weak olive branch.

If having two byes ends up working well for Sydney then **** it. Ill take it.

Logan ain’t leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I have heard from two different sources as well.

Along with both Logan's and his Managers comments.

Plus Freo have Treacy, Amiss and Jackson/ Darcy a tall fwd won't be at the top of their list.

HQ is so keen to write the Swans off this season afl.com.au has interviewed an Indian time traveller...

That's how I learned that the most prominent sport people follow in Australia, especially in Victoria, is the Australian Football League. The first time I saw a live football game on TV was the 2024 Grand Final played between Collingwood and the Brisbane Lions, and I wondered why this is called football if players also use their hands to collect the ball?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they say playing Grand Finals at the MCG has no bearing on the outcome.
It's absolute bullshit. It's so much harder for interstate teams to win a flag than it is for Victorian teams and will only get harder as the competition becomes more even. This year we have a big chance to pull it off though.

Particularly liked this from the article;

The Swans found that of the 700 kids in their Academy, only seven had First Nations backgrounds in early 2022.

In less than two years, there has been an almost ten-fold increase in First Nations participants in the Swans’ Academy. There are now 62 boys and girls representing the club across the state, and also at varying levels of representative footy.

Seems like a great program, both from a cultural and football viewpoint. :thumbsu:

The Swans found that of the 700 kids in their Academy, only seven had First Nations backgrounds in early 2022.

In less than two years, there has been an almost ten-fold increase in First Nations participants in the Swans’ Academy. There are now 62 boys and girls representing the club across the state, and also at varying levels of representative footy.

Seems like a great program, both from a cultural and football viewpoint. :thumbsu:
I hope that when his playing days are done James Bell gets involved in this or similar. Shellharbour family.

HQ is so keen to write the Swans off this season afl.com.au has interviewed an Indian time traveller...

That's how I learned that the most prominent sport people follow in Australia, especially in Victoria, is the Australian Football League. The first time I saw a live football game on TV was the 2024 Grand Final played between Collingwood and the Brisbane Lions, and I wondered why this is called football if players also use their hands to collect the ball?
It was a little fluff piece article, got no idea why you're upset by it.

Was a great insight into the work the Swans are doing. I hope we continue with it.

Imagine this is what got clicks instead of the tripe the media drivels on about.

The Swans are such an admirable club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back