Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

It's absolute bullshit. It's so much harder for interstate teams to win a flag than it is for Victorian teams and will only get harder as the competition becomes more even. This year we have a big chance to pull it off though.

its easier for interstate teams who are at the top contending to qualify though, probably being the only team that plays on their home ground 12/13 times a season

dont deny that melb teams at the top of their game get an even bigger advantage playing mcg so often

Is it a disadvantage to be successful and cop criticism for being successful? Just musing.
GWS get more academy players than us in the draft , but when academies are mentioned it is Sydney that comes to most peoples minds.
Sydney are top of the ladder because they have benefitted because they didn't have a bye in the first round. None of the other 7 teams are mentioned.

Is this criticism for perceived advantages a benefit or a disadvantage?
Just my view, but...

We have missed just 5 final series since 1996... and two of them were in consecutive years (2019/20).

Since 2002, we've had 2 coaches: Roos 2002 - 2010 & Longmire 2011-2024 (more than 20 years). Very, very few of our players or coaches move away to get better opportunities or chances... No drop-offs, no scandals, no broken contracts, just sound good business sense and a commitment to the cause.

This club has become the benchmark for how clubs should be run, and we are not Victorian! Any team that makes 24/29 finals in consecutive years is going to cop criticism and heaps of it!

Sydney is at the forefront of peoples minds because we're thriving, and that is why everyone is held up against Sydney.

This dude is a genius!! 🤓👍
I reckon his video has more time and effort put into it than 99% of football journalism. I really enjoyed the tactical breakdown and would love to have somebody doing that for our team's games each week.

Sleepily watching the Sunday footy show and I swear they've covered the Essendon Vs Richmond game twice now. And filled up about five minutes of in-jokes between them showing memes and clips referencing each other (which are EXTREMELY unfunny and for some reason the panel is nearly crying laughing at).

There's gotta be some statistical evidence showing that swans are a ratings killer. Because ignoring us just seems to be very deliberate.

Sleepily watching the Sunday footy show and I swear they've covered the Essendon Vs Richmond game twice now. And filled up about five minutes of in-jokes between them showing memes and clips referencing each other (which are EXTREMELY unfunny and for some reason the panel is nearly crying laughing at).

There's gotta be some statistical evidence showing that swans are a ratings killer. Because ignoring us just seems to be very deliberate.

Can I reccommend watching the Allies v SA instead?

Last 4 non-victorian teams to win it…

West Coast 2018
Sydney 2012
West Coast 2006
Sydney 2005

It’s our turn
emoji471.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats actually insane its literally 2 non-Victorian teams against the grain in a 20yr period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also embedded in the article is The Round So Far video - Swans talk starts at 15:30mins into the video. Those key metric stats will be giving the coaches something the think about.

Also embedded in the article is The Round So Far video - Swans talk starts at 15:30mins into the video. Those key metric stats will be giving the coaches something the think about.

Lost PF or Premier with a few scatterings of Lost GF

Not bad Swans supporters will take it at this stage :moustache:

First crack and Montagna just lathered it on the swans. Ridiculous froth

With stats.

Gone a full 180, hope his neck can cope with that whiplash.

First crack and Montagna just lathered it on the swans. Ridiculous froth

With stats.
I just watched that and had I not been sitting on a nice, deep, comfy leather sofa, I'd have fallen off my chair. From Montagna of all people, who even a week ago was still turning his nose up at us.

I think maybe he's trying a reverse mozz. He's been talking us down all season and we show no sign of cracking. Every team he (and King) have talked up have then gone on a dive - Carlton, GWS, Geelong. So maybe they think talking us up will create cosmic waves that change our trajectory too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back