Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Great segment 'On the Couch' talking about the connections with Erol chatting with Dane, Oliver, Nick, Brodie and Tom about "How are you going?", "How do you feel?" like a Health or Care check, etc

Wonderful leadership for a 21 year old.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Will be our next captain for sure.

Strange conclusion. We're still playing footy at a higher standard than the Pies, despite the gushing over them, and what's more, we're doing it for far longer during games. Not just ten minutes here and there of the top shelf stuff.

We'll find out later this year if we do beat them, but suggesting right now that we won't seems, quite frankly, odd.
We are now at our peak Liz.
I guess we would beat them now so I chose my words incorrectly.
Once they get their players back & we play them at the MCG again, I feel we will struggle to beat them or any Victorian team in a final.
It’s just a swing in their favour in big games. Just a feeling.

Great segment 'On the Couch' talking about the connections with Erol chatting with Dane, Oliver, Nick, Brodie and Tom about "How are you going?", "How do you feel?" like a Health or Care check, etc

Wonderful leadership for a 21 year old.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Is there a way to watch this overseas? Can someone link the video or episode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41:25mins into On the Couch for those interested.

Was a good discussion around it from Lyon & Co in regards to how things have changed in football and then Bucks brought up how Amiss withdrew into himself due to poor kicking and the impact of communication from teammates could have assisted if they'd been more aware.
That's why this show is the best , it's just not game after game , but Ralph somehow got his head on

You know this how? Maybe we're walking along a long plateau. Or just at the top of a mini peak, about to scale the larger one hidden behind.
Maybe.
But we’ve seen home & away dominance before & my negativity comes from witnessing 2014, 2016 & 2022.
Can’t get that out of my head Liz.

Maybe.
But we’ve seen home & away dominance before & my negativity comes from witnessing 2014, 2016 & 2022.
Can’t get that out of my head Liz.
And you've NEVER seen us play like this before.
This is a different time and a different team.

g
Would be a positive move for the Swans who have lost 2 of the last 3 grannies in the first 10 minutes.

Just our luck we win the first one and then battered and bruised drop the next 2

Was a good discussion around it from Lyon & Co in regards to how things have changed in football and then Bucks brought up how Amiss withdrew into himself due to poor kicking and the impact of communication from teammates could have assisted if they'd been more aware.
Lyon referred to someone ?Ellen? who went to Richmond at the end of 2016, worked for them during their premierships and now works for us. I gained the impression she is a psychologist or such, and that she is responsible for the change. Does anyone know who she is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon referred to someone ?Ellen? who went to Richmond at the end of 2016, worked for them during their premierships and now works for us. I gained the impression she is a psychologist or such, and that she is responsible for the change. Does anyone know who she is?
Emma Murray and is brilliant , absolute bonus for us. Sorry the 1st name will come to me.
Her son was a very promising player but dived into shallow water and has been a paraplegic ever since, very sad

Footage is here.

This is easily my favourite footage from the Swans in quite some time.

Footage is here.

This is easily my favourite footage from the Swans in quite some time.
IIRC this kind of thing (opening up) was also supposed to be a key to Richmond's success through their threepeat. Collapsed now I would think. Longmire would be a great coach to support this kind of thinking. Big tick!

IIRC this kind of thing (opening up) was also supposed to be a key to Richmond's success through their threepeat. Collapsed now I would think. Longmire would be a great coach to support this kind of thinking. Big tick!
They mentioned that this Emma Murray had been with the Tigers throughout their most successful times (and with the Pies in Buckley's time).

Players who earned under the median (I think) wage already get an extra allowance, paid by the AFL and outside the cap, as recognition of the much higher housing costs in Sydney. I don't know how many in the media know this. Or once knew but forget. It's not exactly a secret.

I think the Swans and Giants are most vocal about wanting a cost of living allowance for the soft cap, pointing to how hard it is to attract quality coaches and other support staff to NSW anyway, even before allowing for how much more expensive it is. There was an article recently about how spartanly some of our coaches live. Ben Mathews, IIRC correctly, lives alone in a basic one bedroom apartment while his family remain down in Melbourne because it's more economic for them.

Players who earned under the median (I think) wage already get an extra allowance, paid by the AFL and outside the cap, as recognition of the much higher housing costs in Sydney. I don't know how many in the media know this. Or once knew but forget. It's not exactly a secret.

I think the Swans and Giants are most vocal about wanting a cost of living allowance for the soft cap, pointing to how hard it is to attract quality coaches and other support staff to NSW anyway, even before allowing for how much more expensive it is. There was an article recently about how spartanly some of our coaches live. Ben Mathews, IIRC correctly, lives alone in a basic one bedroom apartment while his family remain down in Melbourne because it's more economic for them.
100% should be for the soft cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back