Game Day Swans v Tiggies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we really lack is creativity and ingenuity in the coaches box....It’s about time Horse got some heat from the Meejah.

Biggest problem honestly is that even if we won, no one would of liked us winning. Unsustainable game style, no growth or attempt to use our players.

NOT OUR PLAYERS FAULT,

Obviously coaches instructions

Clarke nearly won us the game on pure effort alone in the 4th. Just refused to give up in the contest.
People still bitching about his faults.
Incredible.

Clarke does not bother me. He is a flawed player but he works hard and isn't on huge money. It is the highly paid players that offer us very little that annoy the crap out of me.

What a disgraceful game, putrid negative tactics and when we did try to attack at the end there is absolutely no structure or system at all...and yet in spite of all this if our goal kicking was even remotely near AFL standard we could've won....not that winning that pile of dogshit is much to get excited about. With their outs we had a genuine chance to win, didn't need to play so ******* negative.

Defence actually looked better without the talls, but to be honest our KPD's aren't much chop, but up the other end the bombing to outnumbered smalls is just dumb.

This post deserves a BF Award for Striving for Negativity.
We played 2 on debut -and did not field one KPD or KPF or a ruck !
And still within a kick with 5 minutes to go !

Ive watched us play plenty of games where I thought the scoreline flattered us. Adelaide in round 1 was a little like that. We had many games like that in the second half of 2018.

Today wasn't one of them. It was a tight game and the scoreboard reflected that.

This post deserves a BF Award for Striving for Negativity.
We played 2 on debut -and did not field one KPD or KPF or a ruck !
And still within a kick with 5 minutes to go !
And at no point in time did we look like winning.

Yeah, granted we played two on debut and I think they did well as individual players like Mills, Hayward, Papley. But the overall approach was a hiding to nothing.

Clarke does not bother me. He is a flawed player but he works hard and isn't on huge money. It is the highly paid players that offer us very little that annoy the crap out of me.
Parker almost WOG for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent. Should get one of the top talents (plus Campbell, later Gulden) and some games into the kids then in a year nobody really gives a sh*t about anyway

Tanking is overrated, players winning games and not getting used to losing is much more important.

But if you are going to have a bad year, this is the one.

Grey had 6 effective disposals, better than Papley. He worked hard. Calls for his dropping are a bit over the top. There are many others you would drop before him from today. Clarke had 15 effective disposals one of the best on the ground and people are slamming him too.

my eyes don’t deceive me throw me stats as much as you like but his opportunity to go he doesn’t. Good for him winning 6 effective touches let me know when he goes after the next contest or loose ball show me those stats and change my opinion.

open your eyes

positives

warner and stephens both showed a bit
mills was excellent
heeney looked good despite injury early, sucked he rehurt it
mclean was outplayed but he has something imo
fox i dont rate but credit to him, he is our hardest worker
rampe did his job
lloyd was ok just not dangerous
papley looked dangerous when allowed

parkers reputation is higher than his output
Dunno about that, still generally our best most weeks and doesn't have that big a reputation imo

parkers reputation is higher than his output

He is a dud as a midfielder. Nobody wants to say it cause he tries hard and would let his head get ripped off for this club but a mid who cannot take possession cleanly with one grab, who goes to ground so easily, who never looks where he's kicking it, whose tackling technique is shocking... is not a good mid.

Tanking is overrated, players winning games and not getting used to losing is much more important.

But if you are going to have a bad year, this is the one.

Oh I don’t mean dropping everyone and playing kids or tanking.

But chances are we are going to lose most games anyway, particularly given all of our talls are sitting on the sidelines and we just lost Kennedy for a little while.

Dunno about that, still generally our best most weeks and doesn't have that big a reputation imo

hes highly rated outside the swans, and on here

he will usually get votes from everyone each week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back