Sydney Swans pushing AFL for a 3 Grand Final series : Caroline Wilson 5aa

Remove this Banner Ad

It does sent need to prove anything, be it GF day, preliminary final day, or home and away the home state side generally has an advantage. What the size of that advantage is I think is 2-3 goals but that is just my opinion.
I would have thought facts and statistics over 19 seasons out-way the opinion of one. kranky al may disagree, but only if your opinion aligns with his.
You are arguing for the sake of it, 99% of people know and understand this.
Rubbish. That's what you're doing. From a position of presumed entitlement.
I will accept your opinion because it’s an opinion based board and you are entitled to it, how you come up with that view is beyond me.
My opinion is based on evidence. Again you make a very poor attempt at a straw man argument, presuming that everyone else's opinions are on the same basis as yours: a sense of entitlement.

Last edited:
Since when was i happy to use just the last 5.

Im happy to use all mcg tenants vs non mcg tenants

Once we have around 100 results you can START to infer SOMETHING.
All the evidence so far is that there is no advantage for Victorian clubs against interstate clubs in Grand Finals at the MCG.
I'm sorry my child, but I just can't time travel centuries into the future to fetch you what your heart desires. But no mind, perhaps throw yourself on the ground, stamp your feet and scream really loudly. See if that works for you.

Sheesh. It really is like trying to reason with a 2 year old.

I would have thought facts and statistics over 19 seasons out-way the opinion of one. kranky al may disagree, but only if your opinion aligns with his.

Common sense says otherwise.

Rubbish. That's what you're doing. From a position of presumed entitlement.
From the guy pushing the MCG no home state advantage angle.

My opinion is based on evidence. Again you make a very poor attempt at a straw man argument, presuming that everyone else's opinions on the same vague basis as yours: a sense of entitlement.

You do understand just because you overcome a disadvantage doesnt make it neutral.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A clear advantage to interstate clubs playing at the MCG?
2ab07d61e1212d369ff6ee1a13284da5.gif

If Victorian clubs defeated interstate clubs at a ratio of 2:1, would you say that was evidence of an advantage?

If Victorian clubs defeated interstate clubs at a ratio of 2:1, would you say that was evidence of an advantage?
Overcoming a disadvantage doesnt change that playing at your own home ground (or home state) against opposition that travels from interstate is an advantage.

Going off your "statistics" the start up concessions werent an advantage because we didnt win more than 3 games in a year for 3 years.

All the evidence so far is that there is no advantage for Victorian clubs against interstate clubs in Grand Finals at the MCG.
I'm sorry my child, but I just can't time travel centuries into the future to fetch you what your heart desires. But no mind, perhaps throw yourself on the ground, stamp your feet and scream really loudly. See if that works for you.

Sheesh. It really is like trying to reason with a 2 year old.
You can't reason with the krank, he has a hatred so deep he will die with it.

But i see the point you are making.

I believe there is an advantage, but so far there is no data to show us how much that advantage is, and as you point out, at the moment it favors no-vics.

Common sense says otherwise.
You concede you have no evidence. Once upon a time common sense said the world was flat

You do understand just because you overcome a disadvantage doesnt make it neutral.
There's no evidence that there is an advantage. Unless, of course, you believe in a flat earth.

Sigh. Once again with the straw man.
I merely point out that there is absolutely no evidence of any home ground advantage for Victorian clubs against interstate clubs in Grand Finals at the MCG.
So theres only home ground advantage for interstate clubs against Vic clubs...

Sigh.

Honestly are you keeping a straight face while typing this garbage?

If not then seek help. Quick.

I merely point out that there is absolutely no evidence of any home ground advantage for Victorian clubs against interstate clubs in Grand Finals at the MCG.

If we use teams that get 5 or more games at the mcg as tenants and those than get 3 or less as non tenants

Its 11-6 in favour of the tenants.

With H&A should be like Davis Cup. 1st meet at your home ground the 2nd away. Only time the venues change is in finals where the higher team gets the advantage. May as well make it a top 16 as well. Knock out finals. 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15 ect. Following week on the theory the top team wins 1 vs 8 2 vs 7 ect. 3rd week 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. Grand final being 1 vs 2. Especially if we are having a bye week before finals. Grand final to be played at the G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The play-off idea won't fly but it's smart in that it's recognises this is about money, not footy.

The only way to get the VFL clubs to change their minds is to penalise them financially, most entertainingly through a Super League/World Series Cricket type split. Not very realistic but it would allow the Victorian teams to achieve their goals of never leaving the state and playing on the MCG.

Seeing a grand final is a priveledge not a right.

That aside, If its THAT mportant to so many people, im sure once in their life they will cough up some money and get on a 1-4 hour plane trip.

What an ignorant and arrogant thing to say.

It must be so hard living in Melbourne where you just have the cost of the grandfinal tickets, transportation and what ever you choose to spend at the game. People from outside, in other states, have to compete with higher airfares, as the prices get jacked up. Cost of a hotel, where once again, they are paying double than what they normally would. Add in living expenses, like food for your time there. The cost of leaving your car parked at the airport for 2 or 3 days. So for those not living in the bubble of Melbourne, they are paying at least 5x more to have the privilege that you obviously seem to take for granted. In most cases, it is cheaper to fly into Countries like Singapore, Bali, New Zealand, then onto Melbourne, then what a direct flight is from other states into Melbourne, which makes it a little bit longer than your 1-4 hour flight.

So far there’s no evidence of that.
In fact, until quite recently, the evidence pointed to a clear advantage to interstate clubs. 2:1!
Great. What a pity we can't test out your theory by, you know, having grand finals out of Victoria to see how well Vic teams would go away from home.

Except for the statisticians who look at the results and the margins and the scoring accuracy and insist that MCG tenants have a 2-3 goal advantage.

Eg Check out TheArcFooty and their ELO ratings system which has a basis on statistical analysis across all major sports across the world.

But they are clearly wrong because you said so with a sample size of 19 and a fixation on just the W/L result as an indicator.

In short, every home team in every professional sport played on every continent performs better than every away team in every professional sport played on every continent on average over the long run. Indisputable one would suggest.

Last edited:
Except for the statisticians who look at the results and the margins and the scoring accuracy and insist that MCG tenants have a 2-3 goal advantage.

Eg Check out TheArcFooty and their ELO ratings system which has a basis on statistical analysis across all major sports across the world.

But they are clearly wrong because you said so with a sample size of 19 and a fixation on just the W/L result as an indicator.

In short, every home team in every professional sport played on every continent performs better than every away team in every professional sport played on every continent on average over the long run. Indisputable one would suggest.

There actually isn't any meaningful data that suggests a home ground advantage for finals.

I like the GF at the MCG. So long as WCE and Adelaide and other relevant interstate sides are given proper access to the MCG during the H&A season I don't have a problem with it. Best game I've ever attended haha.

Ok let’s just suppose that there’s no home town advantage, therefore there could be no reason to move the GF from one state to another on a rotational basis, similar to the Super Bowl format.
No home ground advantage so everyone is happy.

And as a National competition those that argue there would be a financial shortfall should the final be held outside of Melbourne can take their self entitled **** and shove it up their *****. I’ll show myself out.

So theres only home ground advantage for interstate clubs against Vic clubs...

Sigh.

Honestly are you keeping a straight face while typing this garbage?

If not then seek help. Quick.
Comprehension really isn't your strong suit.
Your persistent efforts to create fallacious straw man arguments only proves that you know you're wrong.

If you're going to follow the kranky al playbook, you should now hurl some personal insults and disappear. Only to reappear to regurgitate the same failed arguments.

He like you thinks the world will treat you like your parents do: Nag and complain for long enough, throw a tantrum if needs be, and you'll inevitably get your own way. Sadly for you, your parents were wrong when they bought you up to believe that the world revolves around you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back