SYT: the euro edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Aiden O'Brien has destroyed STY. Basically now only a glorified Cart Horse.

could have been a 4 or 5 time Cox Plate winner.

would have beaten Pinker, Pinker by 4 lengths with Bart's management.

<<<<this and he has been getting ridden upside down...in the Arc, he was ridden from behind and best run for 4th.

I am sick of O'Brien...now he says he is "at best a miler"...Bart said he would have broken Kingston Towns record by winning 4 Cox Plates. I cannot believe in twelve months how bad SYT has performed. I don't count these "soft" group ones he has won. Somethings not right. It is either his program or trainer!

The problem is that because Ballymore paid so much money for SYT, they figure they should get an investment right now. Especially if they want to use him for future breeding purposes.

I have never seen a team of people care less about a horse than what Aidan O’Brien has for SYT.

And today, he is working out that SYT is a miler...

It just shows total incompetence by O'Brien.

How long has he had. Surely SYT is no 1 or 2 horse in his yard. And O’Brien has smashed him and then come up with excuses like ”I don’t know the horse?!?!?” FFS.

This is a reflection on the whole of the British Racing Industry where the horses are all just STOCK to be bred.

At least in Australia, there is real passion in the industry. People fall in love with horses and want to see them race.

Another example of this is the great horse Sindaar. Won the English and Irish Derby and the Arc at it’s 3rd and 4th and 5th starts and never raced again. Has been only an ordinary stallion when if he was raced as a 4 and 5 year old, Sindaar could have been the best horse in the world for 3 or 4 years.

In Britain, horses are just future Breeding Stock and nothing else. There is no love in the industry.

That is why Australian racing is better.

[youtube]-ctu2DM3ceE[/youtube]

Not much of a field, cantered in though. Possible Queen Anne or Prince of Wales as next target.

^^^ And people accuse Black Caviar of being given soft kills. That had all the atmosphere of a 0-72 handicap at Gosford. And it was a Group 1. :eek:

Unlike Australia the Euro's realise that you don't need a big field to make a race.

Back on track - I think that was his best run since the Eclipse win - really liked the dash he showed from the 300 to the 100 to kill the race off.

Not really. Always the spruiker.

Yeah, everything he's said in the past year has been calculated to keep SYT's credibility/value as a stallion intact.

Really hope the race against Frankel eventuates...2000m, side by side with 800 to go. We'll get an accurate gauge on Frankel then.

I more meant him admitting that he'd effed up with his training. You don't find that interesting?

I more meant him admitting that he'd effed up with his training. You don't find that interesting?

Interesting, yeah, and probably an element of truth to it, but I took it with a grain of salt.

Aidan O'Brien has held his hands up to mistakes with other horses in the past, but with So You Think probably needed to perform no better than when second in the race last year, it was rather unconvincing to hear the trainer apologise to Australian racing fans for "mucking up the horse's career for the last year and four months".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/20/so-you-think-royal-ascot-aidan-obrien

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to laugh at the post race coverage on TVN last night.

As soon as the race was finished and the odd interview was done, they went to an ad, and what was the first ad? Oh it was SYT's stud advertisement at Coolmore, complete with servicing fee.:D:p

I had to laugh at the post race coverage on TVN last night.

As soon as the race was finished and the odd interview was done, they went to an ad, and what was the first ad? Oh it was SYT's stud advertisement at Coolmore, complete with servicing fee.:D:p
well of coarse it would have been, thats good advertising i would of thought. SYT is a champ, tackled the hardest races in the world. over 2000m in europe was never worse than 2nd with 5 group 1 wins so far. hopefully he can back to back in the Eclipse.
a shame Frankel wont test himself and step up in distance for the race and actually take on a challenge instead of sticking to a mile and inflating his over inflated timeform ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back