• Afghanistan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ireland

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Squads.
Afghanistan from, Mohammad Nabi (capt), Azmatullah Omarzai, Darwish Rasooli, Farid Ahmad Malik, Fazal Haq Farooqi, Hazratullah Zazai, Ibrahim Zadran, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Najibullah Zadran, Naveen ul Haq, Qais Ahmad, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Rashid Khan, Salim Safi, Usman Ghani. Travelling reserves: Afsar Zazai, Gulbadin Naib, Rahmat Shah, Sharafuddin Ashraf.
Ireland from, Andrew Balbirnie (capt), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Stephen Doheny, Fionn Hand, Graham Hume, Josh Little, Barry McCarthy, Conor Olphert, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker (wk).

Cmon Ireland! Genuine 50/50 here, hopefully the match can actually go ahead though, too many washouts already.

Is this a dead rubber in the general sense of it ?
Pretty much. Both teams 1st round losses , probably will come back to bite them here.

1666917964607.png

A double wash out today, will probably kill both teams chances.

You probably need to win and have good NRR to progress from the group.

Hence, why Stoinis looked in a hurry the other night to chase that target down in quick time. To be fair to Australia, their NRR went from -4.450 to -1.555.

Against England , they will look for the win, and look to beat up the weaker nations in the last 2 games. For some reason, im not sold on Australia chasing down a target in quick time. Think their best method of boosting NRR is to bat first and look to compile as many runs and then look to bowl a team out cheaply.

That's a bit s**t.
Yep, these double headers and T20 in general are garbage when there is rain. 5 overs justifies a game. Thank * I didn’t end up buying tickets for the final. Who wants to pay hundreds of dollars and end up potentially watching 15 overs of cricket

Reckon the rain might ease up for tonight, but just shithouse that Aghanistan lose another match to rain.

Yep, these double headers and T20 in general are garbage when there is rain. 5 overs justifies a game. Thank * I didn’t end up buying tickets for the final. Who wants to pay hundreds of dollars and end up potentially watching 15 overs of cricket

I've got tickets for today/tonight, I don't mind waiting around for an abandoned match but to pay full freight for the experience because of an earlier match would have been rough. Bit of a moot point now though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

going to be a total washout for both matches today, weather is awful here in melbourne
For non-Melbournian’s, it’s literally rained every day for the past week and 90% of October. They were lucky to get a full game for Ind v Pak.

Metro Melbourne turf comps have been washed out 5 Saturday’s in a row (season yet to start).

Back