Talking Footy Muppet

Remove this Banner Ad

He has an enthusiasm that doesn't come across as manufactured...

I'd have to agree with a lot of your post, especially this. I didn't really like the guy to begin with (probably my default setting due to the trash footy journalism usually serves us up) but he does seem to have a genuine enthusiasm about him that I find endearing, and he doesn't have any of that creepy smugness you see in journos like Stevens.

sMUCLehtDrzkp07n1YxgJv0Yy00AaLnV0JDIhyG3tC0.jpg

The suit is nice but the hair screams 'I listen to Triple J and broadcast everything about my life on a daily basis on at least three internet websites and throw in hashtags for the added attention-seeking desperation icing on the dorky narcissism cake'
I prefer this suit on him.
377846_02334e3f58ac9aad8aecf13dc56ebf83.jpg

That show has a fine collection of complete nimrods, McClure fits in nicely.

Darcy is a long established f-wit. Watson destroyed his credibility playing his 'Jobe's Dad and Goodfellow of Essendon FC' card too hard during 'the saga', and the only thing stopping Carey from completely disappearing up his own arse is the fact that the rest of them are too busy kissing it.
Best thing I've read in a fair while!!
Well played Sir.

Muppet? Who are we talking about - McClure or Dangerfield? Last night it was a dead heat. I had as much trouble separating Dangerfield from McClure as I do separating him from Selwood on game day. McClure's shining moment came after a live cross to Tom Browne in the newsroom (with a beautiful Melbourne nightscape behind him I might add) with this gem - 'interesting stuff, Tom as always with his figure on the pulse'. One idiot pumping up another idiot. But Dangerfield might have bettered it with this - 'the media isn't out there to get you'. He's either lying (because he's eyeing a job in the media post playing days), or he's naïve. I know it's not the latter because he was exploited by the press as recently as March this year when SEN used an off-the-air and private phone conversation with Danger as the cornerstone of a 'we get the big names' type promo.

Dangerfield says nothing bad about the media because he's clearly thinking about the media as a job post footy. They're all bullshitters. They hate on the media when it suits them and then suck up to them when they want to get involved. Look at Malthouse. Bloke totally shat on them his entire career, more than happy to be with them after getting the arse twice.

Buckley's the same too. He's only acting like he despises them now because of all the negative stuff written about his club. I don't doubt that Robbo's work really has pissed him off but he doesn't hate the media as a whole as much as he makes out. He was on 7 before coaching and I guarantee if he ends up out of a job he'll be straight back in the media.

As for McLure, he's a ******* clown. Another knob who goes on these footy shows and constantly speaks over people that we'd all rather listen to. Loves to defend the AFL's MRP system too. Another loudmouth puppet just like Barrett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back