Talking Footy Muppet

Remove this Banner Ad

maxresdefault.jpg
Should have a photoshop comp with that one Chief.
Or this one - even better..

Agree that Darcy offers nothing but the Ian Chappell comparison is a bit mistifying. If anything, Chappell is a chance to bag anyone and everyone, whereas Luke never goes too hard, unless a team is losing games by 25 goals and 3 or more players are sporting long beards.

I hate the negativity of Footy Classified, only ever worried about talking about who's in trouble/under pressure rather than anything that is going well but their structure is perfect (not saying the hosts are). 4 people, 2 ex players willing to have a go and one non-playing host plus one opinion based writer.
The Darcy - Chappell comparison was more around Darcy's propensity to pause awkwardly for no particular reason after every word, much the same as Chappell. Hence the 'wooden' reference. He has the personality of a piece of 4B2. Maybe another comparison is Ronn Moss playing Ridge Forrester on the Bold and the Beautiful a few years back - same deadpan look, and uncomfortable pauses in every sentence! (Yes, I know, how would any self-respecting bloke know about the BATB...my wife is obsessed with it!) :)

Hey who's that new Muppet on talking footy and what's his story? Looks like he's trying to impersonate Conan O'Brien and seems just so full of crap. You get the feeling the rest of the panel just think he's a tool.

Yes, but can his brother play polo?

more people in footy media need to be like the guy in the suit. i don't know his name but i've seen his face for years - that's what you want, facts and no personality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sMUCLehtDrzkp07n1YxgJv0Yy00AaLnV0JDIhyG3tC0.jpg

The suit is nice but the hair screams 'I listen to Triple J and broadcast everything about my life on a daily basis on at least three internet websites and throw in hashtags for the added attention-seeking desperation icing on the dorky narcissism cake'
Looks like his mum took it, first day at big boy work :$

I don't understand the hatred of Robbo.

Ok he's obviously not going to run into the studio claiming he's split the atom but he's a tabloid footy writer who has to fill 4 hours of air time a week. If you cut through the s**t that he sensationalises like saying a team has lost its ability because they lost the 3rd quarter by a kick, he's just a footy tragic who loves being around the game. Unlike a lot of the other bell-ends in the industry he doesn't seem to have much of an axe to grind, and he routinely fronts up face to face with blokes he's probably had a crack at and he's man enough to cop it when they give it back.

There's plenty worse than him.
He is just cringe worthy. He has these really annoying hand gestures and always over complicates what he is trying to say and confuses himself.

He also talks over GW which I find really frustrating. He constantly sucks up to players with that stupid laugh and always seems to have a 'story' or 'situation' where it appears he knows the player really well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he posted on here.

He is just cringe worthy. He has these really annoying hand gestures and always over complicates what he is trying to say and confuses himself.

He also talks over GW which I find really frustrating. He constantly sucks up to players with that stupid laugh and always seems to have a 'story' or 'situation' where it appears he knows the player really well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he posted on here.

The hand thing is annoying but heaps of blokes do that. Crash Craddock moves more than a pillhead at a music festival.

One of his problems is that he tries to ask questions - quite often merited ones - in a way that is far more complicated than it needs to be, leading to the situation you mentioned above.

The hand thing is annoying but heaps of blokes do that. Crash Craddock moves more than a pillhead at a music festival.

One of his problems is that he tries to ask questions - quite often merited ones - in a way that is far more complicated than it needs to be, leading to the situation you mentioned above.
Agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back