Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't even finish bottom 3 last time.
Those other teams have a more settled list and another year experience into the kids.

We've cut some more experience and brought in a heap more kids.

Safe to say the list has technically moved backwards from last year.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Those other teams have a more settled list and another year experience into the kids.

People can write us off at their peril. We have an up and coming ruck who could be anything if he could master the physical side of the game.

And keep out of the massage room.

People can write us off at their peril. We have an up and coming ruck who could be anything if he could master the physical side of the game.

And keep out of the massage room.

The most difficult challenge to Pruess having a successful career....... getting selected.

On the other hand Carlton have lost Gibbs/Docherty, Gold Coast have lost Gary Ablett and Brisbane have lost Tom Rockliff.

We've lost some good players, but nobody on that level.

On the other hand Carlton have lost Gibbs/Docherty, Gold Coast have lost Gary Ablett and Brisbane have lost Tom Rockliff.

We've lost some good players, but nobody on that level.
Still puts us in 4th even if we finish ahead of those named.

Also we lost a good 5th of our main list which IMO is more impactful than 1 superstar.

Regardless, I don't see why the semantics are being argued, people are complaining that TT isn't a top ten pick at the minute, but also complaining we will have a top ten pick AND TT :S

Thats a scenario I'm 100% comfortable with.

Or getting fit enough to ruck at least 85% of the game.

Have heard that myself and I roll my eyes, what a load of rot, what we are doing is comparing his tank to Todd's who can cover ground but cannot but up a decent contest. If we want ground cover buy a freakin plant.

Have heard that myself and I roll my eyes, what a load of rot, what we are doing is comparing his tank to Todd's who can cover ground but cannot but up a decent contest. If we want ground cover buy a freakin plant.
So with the game the way it is, he needs to run from contest to contest, and be in a fit enough state to chase, tackle, spread and clear.

Basically a one out ruck needs to have midfielder fitness, and doesnt get much of a break.

If he doesn't get a tank.... We need to face facts, as a club, the game has moved on from big men - everyone needs to have a tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to face facts, as a club, the game has moved on from big men - everyone needs to have a tank.

The game has certainly moved on from big men whilst it continues it's journey towards a non contact sport.

So with the game the way it is, he needs to run from contest to contest, and be in a fit enough state to chase, tackle, spread and clear.

Basically a one out ruck needs to have midfielder fitness, and doesnt get much of a break.

If he doesn't get a tank.... We need to face facts, as a club, the game has moved on from big men - everyone needs to have a tank.

All well and good running from contest to contest. A complete waste of time if you're not impacting that contest. imo.

All well and good running from contest to contest. A complete waste of time if you're not impacting that contest. imo.
Yeah I'm not saying our situation with Todd is any better. But having two of these guys. Not OK.

Its not optimal, but I guess I could see us growing pruess's base up, while continuing to arrange the situation where he rotates back to the forward line. Its just very disruptive, and being honest, you need to plan this and train this, so us being in two minds prevents us from really training well with it.

Make a descision, go with it. The writing is on the wall. Sometime you want to shake the decision makers at the club and yell 'Dont think, do DO SOMETHING' - players clearly aren't the only one who hurt the team by hesitation.

Everything you are saying there applies to Cunnington not Preuss - I have never seen Cunners 'run from contest to contest', 'chase, tackle spread and clear'. Once the ball moves 5 metres from Cunners he is a liability and he is a midfielder.

Preuss is a genuine ruck - aggressive, intimidating, strong mark and kick. Yes he needs a chop out and so he should given the effort he puts in and bulk he is carrying. Every ruckman of Preuss' type needs back up.

It’s true though. The last time he had the no 1 ruck role he was in full body cramps in the last quarter. If Preuss plays we need to play Brown as second ruck which is far from ideal.

It’s the only thing stopping him taking Goldys spot. If he wants it, he needs a bigger tank.

Everything you are saying there applies to Cunnington not Preuss - I have never seen Cunners 'run from contest to contest', 'chase, tackle spread and clear'. Once the ball moves 5 metres from Cunners he is a liability and he is a midfielder.

Preuss is a genuine ruck - aggressive, intimidating, strong mark and kick. Yes he needs a chop out and so he should given the effort he puts in and bulk he is carrying. Every ruckman of Preuss' type needs back up.
I'm surprised you haven't seen him do it. Because that is exactly what he does. He needs to rest a fair bit though, they put him up forward and on the bench. Rucks aren't quite so easily moved, as you need to change your tactics quite a bit if you do, else you need to put your number 1 forward in the ruck... Not ideal.

I'm surprised you haven't seen him do it. Because that is exactly what he does. He needs to rest a fair bit though, they put him up forward and on the bench. Rucks aren't quite so easily moved, as you need to change your tactics quite a bit if you do, else you need to put your number 1 forward in the ruck... Not ideal.
Agree, when your his size, that's a lot of bulk to carry around.

Spoken to a friend who has been in the development industry for the last 11 years. Believes that by the end of the year we’ll end up paying more for Bailey Scott than we will Tarryn Thomas.

Really likes the look of TT, but believes he will slip as he can’t see him being a full time mid at AFL level. A draft that’s stacked with genuine mids in its simple to see why some already see TT slipping. The other concern is the state of the TSL in tas. The quality of footy has decreased in the TSL over the past few years and it’s only going to get worse with Devonport and Burnie exiting the comp.

Early days yet but bailey scott has been impressing all the recruiters with his development over the past 6 months.

Good position to be in!

Spoken to a friend who has been in the development industry for the last 11 years. Believes that by the end of the year we’ll end up paying more for Bailey Scott than we will Tarryn Thomas.

Really likes the look of TT, but believes he will slip as he can’t see him being a full time mid at AFL level. A draft that’s stacked with genuine mids in its simple to see why some already see TT slipping. The other concern is the state of the TSL in tas. The quality of footy has decreased in the TSL over the past few years and it’s only going to get worse with Devonport and Burnie exiting the comp.

Early days yet but bailey scott has been impressing all the recruiters with his development over the past 6 months.

Good position to be in!

Assuming Joyces convinces Bailey that North ain't a bad place to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back