• Van Demons

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • Devils

Votes: 270 85.4%
  • Tasmanian Tigers

Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There are people in the thread, such as yourself, saying it's already been decided the Devils branding for NAB League teams etc would carry over to an AFL licence.

But that has not been decided, so stop spreading false information.

That is not written by the people who will be making the branding decisions for a Tasmanian AFL team, should such a team ever be created.

The thread seeks 'opinions' on what the proposed new Tassie team name could be..?

It is my 'opinion', supported by the evidence I've presented, the name and related logo for the proposed Tasmanian Team will be the 'Tasmania/n Devils'. If you have a different 'opinion' let's hear it...?

Moreover, who in your opinion, will be making the branding decisions for the Tasmanian team - please don't suggest it's going to be some nondescript advertising agency..?

Last edited:
Is that what's happening here?

I'm sorry. I didn't give due credit to your efforts. I see now how hard you've been trying. It was wrong of me to mock you.

Carry on with your "brainstorming".
You’re a simple one. Not even an attempt made to defend your proposals and expand on them. Credit? Mocking? From you? Lol no one cares

The thread seeks 'opinions' on what the proposed new Tassie team name could be..?

It is my 'opinion', supported by the evidence I've presented, the name and related logo for the proposed Tasmanian Team will be the 'Tasmania/n Devils'. If you have a different 'opinion' let's hear it...?
You didn't present any evidence, just misinterpreted information.

Moreover, who in your opinion, will be making the branding decisions for the Tasmanian team - please don't suggest it's going to be some nondescript advertising agency..?
Please don't ask for my opinion (which I've already expressed) and then tell me what I'm allowed to respond with.

Tassie emus boom done no reason why but why tf don’t we have a team called the emus they’re legit the most terrifying thing in the world

You didn't present any evidence, just misinterpreted information.

Please don't ask for my opinion (which I've already expressed) and then tell me what I'm allowed to respond with.

Oh, so you're just trolling the thread, got it - I actually thought you may of had something of value to add, silly me...

"Related names that were used in the 19th century were Sarcophilus satanicus ("Satanic flesh-lover") and Diabolus ursinus ("Bear-devil")"

It hasn't been mentioned before, but why not use Tassie Bear-Devils?

It would still be using an actual name of the animal, there is no other current comp club to infringe on, and it would further differentiate it from the Demons, thereby giving more reference to the animal itself.

It rolls off the tongue nicely, and if you're lazy you can just say Tassie.

FMD, just call us the Devils after reading some of the suggestions in this thread lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also in terms of consistency, the state will not be in the name. No team has the state name in it

Also in terms of consistency, the state will not be in the name. No team has the state name in it
The clubs are in much bigger states where someone can't just claim to rep the whole thing. The tassie football club could rep the whole state as its alot smaller.

The clubs are in much bigger states where someone can't just claim to rep the whole thing. The tassie football club could rep the whole state as its alot smaller.
Also West Coast represents essentially all of the populated part of WA (and didn't preclude Fremantle entering, which is also on the west coast)

Had no idea that was the case. That makes Wolves a pretty strong suggestion in my view.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any Tasmanian who'd heard it be called a Tasmanian Wolf

Also West Coast represents essentially all of the populated part of WA (and didn't preclude Fremantle entering, which is also on the west coast)
I think the West Coast name basically is them saying we represent WA, Its just Western Australia Eagles doesnt exactly roll of the tongue as well as West Coast Eagles, Atleast Tasmania would be shortened to Tassie

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any Tasmanian who'd heard it be called a Tasmanian Wolf

Yeah but even if it’s only a historical link, it’s something that can be linked to one of the most recognizable Tasmanian icons and it wouldn’t clash with an existing team.

Back