• Devils

Votes: 270 85.4%
  • Tasmanian Tigers

Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

27a75.jpg

Devils is a bit obvious, something like this

I like the jumper. Not too keen on Stingrays, even if you call them Devil Rays. You could go for another marine creature like Orcas, Seals, or go on the pubic associations with something like Gropers.

Good bump. Obviously can't be the Tigers, and the Devils are too similar to the Demons.

I think the NBL absolutely nailed it with the JackJumpers.

To avoid the Tigers name, Richmond and the state cricket team and the AHL (hockey) club, Thylacines.
Island State Thylacines

Or Quolls, Pademelons. Something that is an actual thing, and not conceptual like Blues or Power. Or just don't have a nickname/mascot.

I would much prefer that the name "Tasmania" is not used. Like "the map", that is for representative football and not for a club. But it can't be a city name, or the other half of the state will be turned off.
Island State is a bit like West Coast (AFL) or Golden State (NBA). Descriptive, covering the whole population, while not using the state name.

To avoid the Tigers name, Richmond and the state cricket team and the AHL (hockey) club, Thylacines.
Island State Thylacines

Or Quolls, Pademelons. Something that is an actual thing, and not conceptual like Blues or Power. Or just don't have a nickname/mascot.

I would much prefer that the name "Tasmania" is not used. Like "the map", that is for representative football and not for a club. But it can't be a city name, or the other half of the state will be turned off.
Island State is a bit like West Coast (AFL) or Golden State (NBA). Descriptive, covering the whole population, while not using the state name.

They should name it after somewhere obscure, for a laugh. The Poatina Pademelons, or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Van Diemens, even with correct spelling, is taken.

It therefore comes down to 2 obvious and equally unique names.

The Fairy Penguins.

Or...

The Humpbacks.

Back