Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

S

sling tackle? hardly. Gibbs was two motion Schultz was only one. Not hard to understand at all, is that you Gibbs?
After last night I thought jeez those Port fans next to me were extremely one eyed when it comes to the rules.
But thank you for confirming it's all Port supporters.

S

sling tackle? hardly. Gibbs was two motion Schultz was only one. Not hard to understand at all, is that you Gibbs?

Who cares if it's one action or 10 actions? I know you want to support your player but crickey. Both pinned the opposition players arms in the tackle & lifted him up & slammed their heads into the ground. Neither player intended to knock out the other guy, but they did.
Either both Gibbs & Schulz get off or they both get suspended. It was cut & dried. But the MRP can not get consistency. If your player had been rubbed out after Gibbs got off, you would be spewing. Consistency is what everbody wants. A single or double motion should never have anything to do with it. I'd bet even most Port supporters were resigned to losing Schulz for a week or two after that tackle. Everybody else in the football community did.

After the 53rd knee to the head I think there was intent. The difference between the Shulz and Gibbs tackle was Gibbs had Gray wrapped up perfectly and could've just held him up but chose to then sling him where Schulz grabbed Richards and tackled him while Richards was trying to break free. Gray was going nowhere, there was intent to hurt him. In the old days it was fair game but new nancy rules you aren't allowed to intentionally hurt people. Anyways great game last night in poor conditions, cheers.

I find it funny that in a fast paced game, people just assume a player is aware and has full control of every single limb of their body.

Usually when I throw jumper punches, I'm not multitasking and checking to see the placements of my knees and feet.

I'm, you know, busy jumper punching.

This. It is a physical game and people get angry and do dumb stuff sometimes. Judd, St. Selwood and Gaza have all done it too.

Grow up, people. And get out of your ivory tower.

Tay clearly has a lot of grunt with him... and I think that is what is going to lead him to have a very good career, and I think he was chanelling that toughness to be our best on ground, on a tough day for footy, and in the face of being booed everytime he got the ball.

It clearly got the better of him though in that incident, and he will get at least a week I reckon. (up to 3). I reckon the best way to approach it at the MRP (assuming he gets cited) is to admit guilt, but then focus on the start of the incident, before it escalated, and focus on the fact that Westhoff's hands were around his neck and face which could have instigated his reaction (there could easily have been a poke in the eye or grab of the throat which isn't really clear on the vision)... won't get you off a suspension, but should minimise the damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was nothing like gibbs...

Gibbs got up and smirked.. Jay called for a stretched and was thinking player welfare first. That probably saved him.

Plus gibbs is a overpaid flog and deserved a few weeks in the stands.

This is all completely irrelevant. Both illegal tackles. Schulz was lucky the Tribunal was influenced by the media storm surrounding the Gibbs' decision.

You can see Westhoff started it, Adams was trying to get up and Westhoff was doing a few underhanded things. Unfortunately those underhanded things worked and Adams will either get 5 weeks or a fine depending on which MRP will turn up.

I actually don't mind what Tay did.

He has grunt, I like that. Yeah, he'll probably get suspended, but good to show some fierceness without causing harm. I hope he continues to play fierce.

It was nothing like gibbs...

Gibbs got up and smirked.. Jay called for a stretched and was thinking player welfare first. That probably saved him.

Plus gibbs is a overpaid flog and deserved a few weeks in the stands.

Nothing like Gibbs? maybe amongst PA supporter - debate in the media on the tackle confirms Schulz was very very lucky?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back