Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

"This is how you kneel in church Westy.. if you missed it I can do it again"

Pinned the arms and slammed him into the turf and knocked him out

You don't need to count actions to know that's a tragedy waiting to happen

You don't think the Swans players would have retaliated in some way/shape/form if they felt it was such a bad act?

It was unfortunate that he got knocked out - but the reaction from the Swans players said it all. Not one of them reacted.

You don't think the Swans players would have retaliated in some way/shape/form if they felt it was such a bad act?

It was unfortunate that he got knocked out - but the reaction from the Swans players said it all. Not one of them reacted.
What the hell would that have to do with anything if he got brain damage??

It was outlawed for a reason, and it's nothing to do with intent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was exactly like Gibbs, the sling tackle was outlawed 12 months ago, why in **** is anyone counting actions?

Again, look at player reactions. Listen to commentator reactions. As soon as Gray got tackled, the commentators were all going "ohhhhh" whereas they didn't even notice Richards one.

Again, look at player reactions. Listen to commentator reactions. As soon as Gray got tackled, the commentators were all going "ohhhhh" whereas they didn't even notice Richards one.

Again

Bit surprised by your supporters' reaction to this. Most neutrals on the MRP board are predicting 2-8 weeks.
Perhaps you can take a valium for your shock if your mum has one lying about

Again

It's a contact sport and sometimes accidents happen. It would be extremely unfortunate if something bad like brain damage came out of it, but you can't go suspending players every time someone gets hurt.

Some actions warrant a suspension, and others don't.

Having said all of this, I didn't think Gibbs deserved 2 weeks. And after he got two weeks, I wouldn't have been bitter if Schulz did get 2 weeks as well. However, I can see the difference in the tackles, and it's hard to explain but i'll give it a bash.

Gibbs had Gray's movements under his control. He had a good grab of him and slung him into the ground.
Schulz also had a good grab of Richards, but Richards had momentum, which governed the direction that he fell when tackled.

Think of it as tackling a somewhat stationary person, compared to someone running. When tackling a stationary person, you have a lot of control in which way they fall. Gibbs slammed him into the ground.
Schulz tackled him to ground with the momentum from Richards running.

In any case, this isn't about Schulz/Gibbs. Adams appears to be a beast of a player and coming along well. However anyone that doesn't think the knees to the head weren't intentional are kidding themselves. The first fifty knees would have got him 0 weeks and a fine, as he wasn't dropping his knee into Westhoff, rather using his knee to hold him down. Happens in wrestles all the time, nothing in it.

Then there was the final knee drop and jab which was most definitely an intentional knee drop, which is where he'll get his weeks. Knee drop to the head and jab, should be 3+1 = 4 weeks total.

Again

It's a contact sport and sometimes accidents happen. It would be extremely unfortunate if something bad like brain damage came out of it, but you can't go suspending players every time someone gets hurt.

Having said all of this, I didn't think Gibbs deserved 2 weeks. And after he got two weeks, I wouldn't have been bitter if Schulz did get 2 weeks as well. However, I can see the difference in the tackles, and it's hard to explain but i'll give it a bash.

Gibbs had Gray's movements under his control. He had a good grab of him and slung him into the ground.
Schulz also had a good grab of Richards, but Richards had momentum, which governed the direction that he fell when tackled.

Think of it as tackling a somewhat stationary person, compared to someone running. When tackling a stationary person, you have a lot of control in which way they fall. Gibbs slammed him into the ground.

In any case, this isn't about Schulz/Gibbs. Adams appears to be a beast of a player and coming along well. However anyone that doesn't think the knees to the head weren't intentional are kidding themselves. The first fifty knees would have got him 0 weeks and a fine, as he wasn't dropping his knee into Westhoff, rather using his knee to hold him down. Happens in wrestles all the time, nothing in it.

Then there was the final knee drop and jab which was most definitely an intentional knee drop, which is where he'll get his weeks. Knee drop to the head and jab, should be 3+1 = 4 weeks total.

Yes you can because the sling tackle is outlawed

And no you can't turn the blind eye you want us to or tragedy awaits

That's why they outlawed it

The last one was bad but not 4 weeks worth. Did not hurt him so 2 weeks at most

The last one was bad but not 4 weeks worth. Did not hurt him so 2 weeks at most

3 for the knee and one for the jab which got him in the jaw/neck.

He was lying on the floor for a good 30 seconds before he got back up. The AFL will also want to make a statement that this is not on. Either way 3-4 weeks for the lot would be about right.

As to your other comment re: Kane Cornes, he was probably the fairest and cleanest tagger to have ever played. One suspension in 300 games proves that. The suspension was extreeeemely soft and the biggest joke. He may have held on to his players at contests etc. etc. but he never scragged or did the dirty. Which other tagger can you say that about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back