NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

It is sad, that to many it's that black and white. Even to some, minding your own business and not speaking up means you are just as racist, sexist or misogynistic as the person who said the remarks. And unfortunately there is no winning this argument as the media will always back the finality. Or they too will be deemed as such. There is an episode of Comedians in Cars where they discuss how sponsors just have to be seen to be morally perfect. This is whats good about Netflix, so far they have bucked the trend of canceling. But we will see.

It is simple really.

There are Racists and there are people who have been racist.

Just as,

There are Painters and there are people who have painted.

Its all about qualification.

Agree and yes it is always black and white to the extreme except when it doesn't suit the agenda. I.e, Critical Race theory, quotas, reverse racism etc.

Or a more simple example, Comedians of whatever persuasion who stereotype and mock there own ethnicity for easy laughs. Both the Comedian and the audience laughing should be deemed "Racists" by the same purists definition.

Yup exactly. Wokeism and Cancel culture is frustratingly hypocritical. More often then not, the arguments they present are thin at best. Just people are scared to think for themselves. There is no doubt, the only thing saving Chappelle from being cancelled is the fact he is African American. If he was white, I do think he would have been pulled off of netflix.

Cost him a squad spot, but doubtful he'd made the side. Doubtful he'd have won the Coleman based on his last half of the year either. Cost him the opportunity to win it, that's as far as you can genuinely go.
The way North played against us in round 23, if he needed 11 goals to win it, the guys would have fed him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yup exactly. Wokeism and Cancel culture is frustratingly hypocritical. More often then not, the arguments they present are thin at best. Just people are scared to think for themselves. There is no doubt, the only thing saving Chappelle from being cancelled is the fact he is African American. If he was white, I do think he would have been pulled off of netflix.

He is in the process of being cancelled isn't he? Give it time.

The problem with racism as an overarching issue is the label racist is so final and it is without a doubt a reputation killer. By that I mean, the media have taught everyone not to discuss the issues involving a specific race or say something that can be deemed racist even in the most accidental way possible or you're a racist. The reason for this is disingenuous. If you watch and listen to the media when they are crucifying someone for racism, it becomes a competition on just who can prove to the world the most that they are the least racist individual on the planet, while at the same time utterly destroying the person they are talking about. The way the media tore Tex's character to shreds, you'd think he either murdered someone or had his way with children while murdering someone. I've seen media commentators call each other racists because they didn't character assassinate the person, so they must agree with what they said. It is frightening at how much a person in the media, for their own resume will destroy someone's life because it suits. I have no doubt, the media will go for a second crack the week leading into his first game back.

It's no wonder the general public have over the last decade, adopted the black and white approach with all issues.

Careful: you're sailing close to the wind. ;)

Racism isn’t about the words, it’s about the pervasive attitudes - the thoughts of thinking your race is more superior to others no matter what.

You can make a racist remark without thinking you’re superior to that race. I made an analogy with the umpires in prior posts. How many of us cuss and make angry faces whenever they make shitty decisions or non-calls? If you put your hand up (I put my hand up), it doesn’t make me an “umpire hater”. I don’t ever think lowly of umpires other than the times they make poor decisions during matches.

Apparently not.

A racist remark makes you a racist.
A violent remark makes you violent.
A sexist remark makes you misogynist.
A stupid remark makes you stupid.

What I want to know, is how one goes about removing that label once its been allocated? If a racist remark is all that it takes to be labelled a racist, but you don't want, or never intended on being a racist, then how does one go about having that label lifted seeing as you instantly qualify as a racist once the remark is made and can't really make the remark without being a racist?

Is there some form of de-racisting action one can take?
Yep - there is. Acknowledge that what you said is racist. Stop saying racist stuff. Stop accepting racist stuff. Learn how not to be a racist.

Just highlighting this sentence, swapping the word "gay" for "indigenous" - I don't think Tex disliked the bloke because he was indigenous, he disliked him because of his behaviour. I don't think Tex believes he's superior to indigenous people, which is what I think racists believe. It was a poor and disappointing choice of wording, rather than a racist act, imho.
You know why Tex called him that - because that is where you go when you are angry want to hurt someone. Go to the thing that belittles them.

Unless you think that it was a coincidence?

I'm not sure how else to put it. We are racist, we learn to be racist from those around us. We need to change this because it really sucks for people on the receiving end NO MATTER WHAT THE INTENTION!!

If we don't want people to be vilified because of their race, we all just need to work a little harder at not being racist.

Yep - there is. Acknowledge that what you said is racist. Stop saying racist stuff. Stop accepting racist stuff. Learn how not to be a racist.
See there you go again. He does acknowledge what he said was racist. Everyone does. I haven't seen any different. Nobody accepted it either.

But you still have not ever justified your decision to character assassinate him.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You know why Tex called him that - because that is where you go when you are angry want to hurt someone. Go to the thing that belittles them.

Unless you think that it was a coincidence?

I'm not sure how else to put it. We are racist, we learn to be racist from those around us. We need to change this because it really sucks for people on the receiving end NO MATTER WHAT THE INTENTION!!

If we don't want people to be vilified because of their race, we all just need to work a little harder at not being racist.
But he didn't belittle him. By definition to belittle someone you'd have to speak to them or perform an action in front of him. You are also making all sorts of assumptions on human nature about Tex. Are you a psychologist?

See there you go again. He does acknowledge what he said was racist. Everyone does. I haven't seen any different. Nobody accepted it either.

But you still have not ever justified your decision to character assassinate him.

Where did I character assassinate Tex? Where did I not accept his acknowledgement? What are you talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes saying stupid things makes you stupid. See above.

Ah yes,the personal insult.
Colour me shocked.

Ok, and then what?
Sit before a panel of his virtuous peers to see if his efforts have been sufficient?
How, and by whom is this label removed?

Where did I character assassinate Tex? Where did I not accept his acknowledgement? What are you talking about?

By labelling someone a Racist, you aren't assassinating his character?
You have literally summed him up with one word.

You’re a decent poster, but this is one of the strangest things I’ve ever read.

Yes it is absurd. That's the point entirely.
Its a closer equivalence to what is being claimed than the examples that came before it when you consider context and action.

Here; I'm a decent poster(thanks) who wrote something you consider indecent. Does that now make me an indecent poster?

Last edited:
Its a closer equivalence to what is being claimed than the examples that came before it when you consider context and action.

Here; I'm a decent poster(thanks) who wrote something you consider indecent. Does that now make me an indecent poster?
I don’t have the answers sorry.
I’m not sure at what point you become a racist.
I don’t think it’s at one comment, but I find it hard to believe someone is unlucky enough to be caught with their first comment.
Like one of my staff, she must have been damn unlucky for me to catch her on her first ever theft from the till as she claimed.

Boring.

I don’t have the answers sorry.
I’m not sure at what point you become a racist.
I don’t think it’s at one comment, but I find it hard to believe someone is unlucky enough to be caught with their first comment.
Like one of my staff, she must have been damn unlucky for me to catch her on her first ever theft from the till as she claimed.
You comparing a staff with Tex is an unfair one. You’re comparing a hypothetical in “how many times have they said or done this before?”, to a known/witnessed actions which proves on the contrary their hypothetical attitudes.

In the case of your staff, there is nothing to suggest she hasn’t stolen before. Whereas in the case of Tex, there is plenty of actual evidence he has no issue mingling with Indigenous people (Betts, Cameron or any of the Indigenous people of the club; no Indigenous fans have made any complaints about him etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back