Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendonchanges.jpg
Davey out
Prismall in.

For Carlton:
IN: Henderson White
OUT: Watson, Thornton

Damn! Was hoping for either Watson or Thornton to pick up Hurley!

Will be interesting to see how they match up when ryder and hurls are both forward

Looking at the average stats and impact of substitutes Davey was well below average. Not surprised he was dropped and he will have to earn his place in the team back at Bendigo.

Surprised with the inclusion of Prismall. Should have been Reimers, maybe Hirdy is holding him back a little to give him that extra motivation to perform well when he gets his chance in the seniors.

Hille and emergency, I like the fact we haven't gone in with three ruckmen. I think we might be a bit stretched in defence if Henderson, Hampson, Waite and Walker are all up there at once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davey: 12 disposals, 3 marks, 1 goal v. Sydney
7 disposals, 0 marks, 0 goals v. St Kilda

Maybe they're giving him time to get right with his arm. Underperforming so I'm kind of not surprised.

Prismall over Reimers is surprising given his reported BOG performances for Bendigo.

Also surprised with Hille out. Maybe Hirdy's messing with Ratten. Tomorrow Hille and Reimers are in :rolleyes:

I believe Hirdy is playing a few games with the emergencies. Being a good day on Saturday weather wise, I reckon Hille may come in to stretch their backline. Wet day, Davey/Reimers will come in. Destined to be a late change in my eyes...

Interesting decision.

With Hampson, Waite and Henderson...we only have Fletcher and Hooker to cover them.

NLM or Hardingham has to play tall this week, which is bit of a concern.

They looked quick last week. With Yarran now running off the back line, I thought we needed Davey for forward pressure, and thought maybe it's Monfries who might miss out for Reimers.

In Hird we trust :)

Can't see Prismall playing anything but as a sub. Could be a smart decision.

Three Emergencies: David Hille, Kyle Reimers, Alwyn Davey

Our VFL side doesn't play until Sunday so all three could still very realistically play. Have we ever had three better emergencies? In fact have most teams in the competition ever had three better emergencies? Doubt it. One word: depth.

Forecast is Partly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning. - perhaps just waiting to see what it's like just prior to the game before making their decision/s to go in with three ruckman or make any other changes.

Go Dons.

The 3 big guys up forward may cause some issues for us.

Maybe. But wouldn't think anymore trouble than the likes of Hurley/Ryder/Bellchambers/potentially Hille will give their defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back