Game Day Terrible Channel 7 Coronavirus Flashback Games

Remove this Banner Ad

EvansHodges77

Senior List
Dec 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks Ch7s choices for Port and the Crows footy vault replays are some of the worst games with no significant meaning or were just generally s**t games?
Production team needs to be sacked, give someone the opportunity to...I don’t know play some games that were not only exciting but had a real say in the outcome of the season in question..did they play these predicting that the Coronavirus was around for the next 30 years...absolute dickheads!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The only criteria seems to be a close result. Quality of the match seems irrelevant. They have no feel for what is actually an entertaining game for supporters.

The 2012 St Kilda game was abysmal. The 2015 North game was ok but no great shakes.

They should show the 2014 finals against Richmond and Freo.

Why is channel 7 without the h?

Because these are unprecedented times but don't worry because we're all in this together.

Fixed the typo, give him a C- ;)

The only criteria seems to be a close result. Quality of the match seems irrelevant. They have no feel for what is actually an entertaining game for supporters.

The 2012 St Kilda game was abysmal. The 2015 North game was ok but no great shakes.

They should show the 2014 finals against Richmond and Freo.

Reminds me of when they replayed the "Is it Grundy?" game earlier in the year for Melbourne viewers.

That match was one of the worst displays of Australian Rules Football you will ever see.

The only reason close games are exciting is because you don't know the result. Once you do know the result, the excitement is gone. I'd rather watch us pumping teams by 10 goals.

First Showdown at Adelaide Oval pls. That was a cracking game.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks Ch7s choices for Port and the Crows footy vault replays are some of the worst games with no significant meaning or were just generally s**t games?
Production team needs to be sacked, give someone the opportunity to...I don’t know play some games that were not only exciting but had a real say in the outcome of the season in question..did they play these predicting that the Coronavirus was around for the next 30 years...absolute dickheads!

I don't mind looking at some of the old players and the last two weeks have been reasonably close and we won.

If you think Seven is bad you want to try FOX Footy. They almost exclusively feature Victorian clubs. When we do get a guernsey it is invariably a narrow gut wrenching loss. They had Port's 2017 Elimination Final 2 point loss to the West Coast on yesterday and today they had our 2013 round 23 one point loss to Carlton. They were painful enough the first time around so I hardly want to relive either of them.

I think the FOXTEL idea is your side is supposed to win at least one of the replays each week and this week Port's 2015 winning game was against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval. Cannot remember when it is on. I suppose every time you have a sock rotting loss you give the opposition a memorable win and we have had that many sock rotting losses since 2014 that the archives are full of losses we do not want to be reminded of.

At least Seven are making an attempt to show Power and Crows games when they could just as easily have gone the same path as FOXTEL. How do you make any game entertaining when you already know the result?

Last edited:
I was having a beer fueled conversation yesterday regarding this, they could have played alternative win/loss showdowns and captivated a large portion of the free to air viewers in SA..
Absolute moronic strategy from CH7...
Deadbeats.

When we were decent - but choked in finals, circa 2002/3 - channels 9 & 10 were doing the coverage, so that probably didnt help things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw a bit of the crows game against North a couple of weeks back when they won from 5 goals down with about 7 minutes left. That was another terrible game and the crows played like dog's balls for most of the game. It can't have been enjoyable for them to watch.

I saw a bit of the crows game against North a couple of weeks back when they won from 5 goals down with about 7 minutes left. That was another terrible game and the crows played like dog's balls for most of the game. It can't have been enjoyable for them to watch.
That's the game that etched Petrenko as the next generational Mccloud prophecy coming true right?

Ah good times.

That's the game that etched Petrenko as the next generational Mccloud prophecy coming true right?

Ah good times.

And Sam Kerridge as a future Brownlow Medallist.

Rnd 4 2015 game Port v Hawthorn on FOXTEL at 4.00 am this Wednesday 6th May.

Ok let’s be real..maybe a couple of SANFL finals, anything but the s**t they’re feeding us..enough is enough..give me a spell...maybe they could make a team out of all the best SANFL players (excluding Port)..and make a game which involves all the other clubs...maybe call them the scaredy-cat, no forward vision, and eventually create a side out of spite....call them the Crows...no club,no heart, no real intestinal fortitude..Jesus I’ve had a few but it’s the truth...if Scotty Hodges went to Collingwood he would have been a star..not under Graham, who could not stand, but would not let him succeed, even if it cost them the 93 preliminary final...max basher wanking Leigh Whicker off...disgraceful..long live the best club on earth...I wouldn’t use Taylor Walker for a wheel chock parking on mt lofty..I’m out..🤣

I remember that game. It was when norf was in the midst of a choking spree where they'd cough up wins in the last quarter after leading all day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back