News That's all folks: A landmark for a console that changed the landscape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Still love the PS2. Have it plugged in still next to my PS3 and N64 all ready to be played. Cannot be thrown out.

Still have my good ol fat ps2 set up in my man cave.

I used to play all the WWE games to death on the PS2 especially, Here Comes the Pain, Shut Your Mouth and SDvRaw06

Still even have my chipped PS1 with about 100+ games :p

Thats another one i have got, SYM

Such fun. Especially playing 2 player career!

Sounds like an uncle of mine who would never turn on his cars AC on 40 degree summer days, because "it makes the car use too much juice"
Lol, sorry for the late reply mate.

Speaking of saving juice, My old man went through a stage of literally turning the engine off and coasting downhill. He'd usually give whoever was sitting in the passenger seat a smug glance, inviting them to bask in his penny pinching maverick genius.

Speaking of saving juice, My old man went through a stage of literally turning the engine off and coasting downhill. He'd usually give whoever was sitting in the passenger seat a smug glance, inviting them to bask in his penny pinching maverick genius.

Haha, I have a mate who puts the car in neutral when going downhill and after hitting certain speeds... and he also doesn't like turning on the A/C in scorching heat cos it "uses too much juice". Haha, funny buggers.

Haha. Had an aunt who used to dry tea bags on the line for reuse

People bringing up final fantasy always gives me post traumatic stress. Came home from work back in 98, mate was playing my ffvii on my ps. My ffvii that I had nearly finished. My ffvii game that he had overwritten.

Still remember he was only up to the bit where cloud met aerith after landing in the slums...was devvo

I still have my original Megadrive and N64. The PS2 is the only thing that crapped out on me. Had to buy a silver slim version.

I had to get a second Mega Drive right before they stopped selling them as the first one stopped powering on. Replaced my original playstation about a year in to owning it (discs were not spinning properly). Original brick ps2 still runs :thumbsu:, tried 6+ slim ps2s and each failed :thumbsdown:. Been through 6 Xbox 360's since November 200 and still have the same ps3 from 2008. Purchased a secondhand N64 in the mid 2000's and it still works.

My NES and Commodore 64 + Commodore Amiga still worked... the last time i connected them anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vale ps2.

I remember buying mine.

1st full time job paycheck came in. I told my boss i had to leave early one day because i had forgotten to buy my gf a birthday present. I went and bought a ps2 and that magical game called GTA 3. Also bought the gf a card and tacky bracelet with the change.

Fast forward to 2 months ago and i sold it and about 100 games for $20 at a garage sale to a 60 year old bloke. Im sure he is now his grandkids favourite.

Haha. Had an aunt who used to dry tea bags on the line for reuse

People bringing up final fantasy always gives me post traumatic stress. Came home from work back in 98, mate was playing my ffvii on my ps. My ffvii that I had nearly finished. My ffvii game that he had overwritten.

Still remember he was only up to the bit where cloud met aerith after landing in the slums...was devvo

My sisters Ex boyfriend had 99% completed Gran Turismo 1 when he was saving a game and his mum pulled the power out to plug in the vacuum

Lost it all

They should have made that new PS3 backwards compatible to mark the extinction of the PS2. :p

Still have an original, sealed / uncut copy of vice city. The greatest PS2 game ever (although my fav was Ico)

Memories, you'll never forgotten.

tumblr_m6s3i1XOsX1r7lwxw.gif

Never had the PS2, only had the Xbox and that only lasted until 2006.

Still have the PS2 plugged into my "batcave" and still play San Andreas, Vice City, MOH European Assault, FIFA 11,12 and SVR 10, 11, 12.

I remember my parents banning it from me in my junior highschool years for playing it over study too much.

Anyone else still got an operating saturn. Mine was boxed for 14 years, busted it out and still running.

An operating 3do or jaguar would be cool

still have a saturn but don't play it these days (played it maybe 6 months ago) and it can't save games or anything since i haven't replaced the battery. have a handful of games, would like to get hold of virtua cop and a light gun or 2.

still have an atari 2600 and maybe 50 games around. might need a new joystick before i fire it up again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back