Opinion That's it - I'm done!!!

What would it take for you to rule a line, and say "AFL can go * itself"?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Thompson being selected this week.

Bonus points for Andy Otten playing.

It will signal that the metaphorical Fiat that is the Adelaide Crows, is in neutral.

That said I am already done, I am not renewing my membership next season. The corrupt Crows will no longer get my money.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What if it meant we brought in Dustin Martín?
seinfield.gif

I agree. Player movement needs to be a two way street.

At the moment it is heavily weighted in their favour.

The players union have cherry picked all of the good stuff from US sports without taking the mechanisms that protect the clubs/franchises.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

THIS !!!!!

The current system is broken and is weighed so much in the players favour it's not funny. Players should not have the right to be able to restrict the trading process down to only one club before they're a free agent.

The perfect system is that players are tied to clubs until they become free agents. If there is a contract dispute or a player wants to change clubs then the player can put a price on their head (if they aren't contracted), but that's it. The club then has the ability to be able to negotiate with any club that is prepared to give the player what they've asked for.

Take Gov for instance, he can either re-sign at Adelaide or can put a price on his head and take his chances meaning that he could end up in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or even Port depending on who offers us the best trade deal.

It's not a perfect solution but it does make it easier for clubs to retain players until they're free agents, it will help clubs get a fairer trade value and it gives the players an ability to leave to seek a better deal financially.

THIS !!!!!

The current system is broken and is weighed so much in the players favour it's not funny. Players should not have the right to be able to restrict the trading process down to only one club before they're a free agent.

The perfect system is that players are tied to clubs until they become free agents. If there is a contract dispute or a player wants to change clubs then the player can put a price on their head (if they aren't contracted), but that's it. The club then has the ability to be able to negotiate with any club that is prepared to give the player what they've asked for.

Take Gov for instance, he can either re-sign at Adelaide or can put a price on his head and take his chances meaning that he could end up in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or even Port depending on who offers us the best trade deal.
I 100% agree with this.

Scott Thompson being selected this week.

Bonus points for Andy Otten playing.

It will signal that the metaphorical Fiat that is the Adelaide Crows, is in neutral.

That said I am already done, I am not renewing my membership next season. The corrupt Crows will no longer get my money.

Corrupt?, what the hell's wrong with you

I've lost a bit of interest in the Olympics over time with all the drug stuff. Seeing people win a race but always wondering if it's genuine, whether there'll be a scandal down the track. You're wary of investing fully at the time in case you make a chump of yourself later. Believing in something fake.

It's a bit like with the Crows. You watch with excitement as Gunston, Davis, Lever, McGovern, Cameron emerge and look like they could be really good players. Then a couple of years down the track they leave...? End up starring for a competitor with us having got limited value in return. Should we bother getting excited about Gallucci, Poholke or whoever?

GWS coming in has taken the gloss off it for me. Ten top 5 picks and 22 first round picks in total plus top players from other clubs (Davis, Shaw, Scully, Ward, Deledio etc etc etc, plus trading guns (Kelly) for more picks. All to support a team that nobody supports.

In the communist AFL, some teams are created more equal than others.

Wha a shame
In fact - the only high profile player that has won a flag is Gunston

Bock broke his leg - done nuthin' and best years were behind him
Davis has had to endure 700 point thrashings to get where he is - couldn't blame him for going
I don't think Geelong " leave a light on " are that crash hot away -could be wrong but they lost to Gold Coast and Bombers who we both beat comfortably
$Kirt was probably the only other one I've been shitty about and he's missed more games than he's played I reckon ! Maybe ..

And all 4 of them aren't / weren't playing in front of 40000-50000 each home game in a state of the art stadium

We've done ok with who we've traded in - Jenkins Lynch Jacobs Betts - would like to see Seeds and Cheney play too.....

But
If Lever and McGovern go
And we don't get a decent trade ....

I don't want to think about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fact - the only high profile player that has won a flag is Gunston

Bock broke his leg - done nuthin' and best years were behind him
Davis has had to endure 700 point thrashings to get where he is - couldn't blame him for going
I don't think Geelong " leave a light on " are that crash hot away -could be wrong but they lost to Gold Coast and Bombers who we both beat comfortably
$Kirt was probably the only other one I've been shitty about and he's missed more games than he's played I reckon ! Maybe ..

And all 4 of them aren't / weren't playing in front of 40000-50000 each home game in a state of the art stadium

We've done ok with who we've traded in - Jenkins Lynch Jacobs Betts - would like to see Seeds and Cheney play too.....

But
If Lever and McGovern go
And we don't get a decent trade ....

I don't want to think about it
I see this happening

1354b609b819c21c588632c012fd8d51.gif

GWS coming in has taken the gloss off it for me. Ten top 5 picks and 22 first round picks in total plus top players from other clubs (Davis, Shaw, Scully, Ward, Deledio etc etc etc, plus trading guns (Kelly) for more picks. All to support a team that nobody supports.

In the communist AFL, some teams are created more equal than others.
They are Drago....we are Rocky

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I look at the question slightly differently.

When we sold the farm to get the washed up part of Wayne Carey's career after he ripped apart the club he was revered at, I nearly gave it up. I certainly watched less footy in 2003-04 than in other years.

When we cheated the system to re-sign Kurt Tippett and no heads rolled, despite what it cost the club in penalties and reputation, I came awfully close to giving it up. I'm still massively disappointed in how the club "resolved" this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Lever goes it will hit right where it hurts, but i think id be like the person in an abusive relationship that just cant say "thats enough"
Without making light of domestic violence, that's pretty much it. They leave you emotionally battered and broken, then do one thing that makes you think they've finally changed so you sign yourself up for another 12 months of pain and suffering.

I look at the question slightly differently.

When we sold the farm to get the washed up part of Wayne Carey's career after he ripped apart the club he was revered at, I nearly gave it up. I certainly watched less footy in 2003-04 than in other years.

When we cheated the system to re-sign Kurt Tippett and no heads rolled, despite what it cost the club in penalties and reputation, I came awfully close to giving it up. I'm still massively disappointed in how the club "resolved" this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep Kurt hurt. I can't help but think that the club took all the pain while trig had a sabbatical.

Don't think I could stop supporting the Crows. Too much passion. Losing key players and feeling pain shows how much it means to us.
Would only make the jubilation of winning a flag even more amazing after all we have been through as supporters.

2005 - Saints loss
2006 - prelim loss
2009 - right in front of me
2010 - Neil Craig terrible team
2012 - hawks umpiring prelim, lose Tippett
2013 - failure
2015 - loss of Walsh, Danger, semi
2016 - Sydney semi
2017.. McGovern/Lever..

2018 flag? Would be ecstasy.

Corrupt?, what the hell's wrong with you
Really? Did you just emerge from the sewers or land on the planet?

Heard of the Kurt Tippett fiasco? Textbook corruption.

That is before you consider the unaccountability of the club, the jobs for the boys, and for life, and the inability for members to change the board.

The club is an environment ripe for corruption at the very least and has been the location of actual corruption.

I don't think there would ever be a "that's it" moment. I'll likely always support the club on some level, my interest would likely just drop to the point where I didn't really care anymore.

Really? Did you just emerge from the sewers or land on the planet?

Heard of the Kurt Tippett fiasco? Textbook corruption.

That is before you consider the unaccountability of the club, the jobs for the boys, and for life, and the inability for members to change the board.

The club is an environment ripe for corruption at the very least and has been the location of actual corruption.

DO you live under a rock or something, you wanna see corruption, go look at soccer.

MacKay in pushes you pretty close

Nearly ready to email the club and say unless we see actual change, i'm not renewing in 2018. Fagan is all about the member numbers, that's the way to 'hurt' the club and get a reaction IMO.

Coaching staff (assistants) Selection policies. Need to get aggressive at the trade table. Just ******* so something

Seriously people.

We have to come to terms with the fact that the majority on this board care more about the club and where it is heading than 95% of the staff and players who constitute "the club".
To most it is a job. To some it is a perk or fancy hobby.To others it is an avenue to bigger and better things or a networking forum. To a rare few, say 5-10%, it is a passion. Compare that to BF Crows board membership.

Back