Mega Thread The 2017 'Buckley's Chances' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan's comments re the current Hird situation, emphasises to me the measure of Nathan.
In these things to me, he's exemplary.

He's always been a diplomat, terrific tweeting from Nathan.

I think that deserves a contract extension....
Not sure re contract extension.
But sometimes senior AFL types need to take a stand about some garbage behaviours eg media camping out in private residences' lawns etc.

A little praise for that is deserved in my view.

What did he say?
Simply called on aspects of privacy.

Said by all means discuss analyse criticise the sporting side but care should be given to over stepping into the personal intrusion etc.

Without naming anyone etc.

I thought it was appropriate

Not sure re contract extension.
But sometimes senior AFL types need to take a stand about some garbage behaviours eg media camping out in private residences' lawns etc.

A little praise for that is deserved in my view.
Agree. Regardless of your opinion of his coaching ability, Buckley has represented his football club really well under at times sustained duress.
This year is make or break for his coaching ambitions but his stature as an intelligent coherent spokesman for the game continues to rise.

In the end his coaching tenure will be resolved one way or the other by the end of the year and possibly much earlier than that.

I will support him publicly until the end, because he is the Collingwood coach. I've supported all of them until the axe has fallen and then embraced the new.
I still believe several of them should have been kept on - (Matthews, Cahill, Mann, Rose). I don;t know what I'll think if Bucks get's teh axe or falls on his sword but I'll always believe he did what he thought was right. That's all you can ask. If he doesn't perform he goes. If he does well- we'll all be happy....except Mick I guess

Agree. Regardless of your opinion of his coaching ability, Buckley has represented his football club really well under at times sustained duress.
This year is make or break for his coaching ambitions but his stature as an intelligent coherent spokesman for the game continues to rise.

In the end his coaching tenure will be resolved one way or the other by the end of the year and possibly much earlier than that.

I will support him publicly until the end, because he is the Collingwood coach. I've supported all of them until the axe has fallen and then embraced the new.
I still believe several of them should have been kept on - (Matthews, Cahill, Mann, Rose). I don;t know what I'll think if Bucks get's teh axe or falls on his sword but I'll always believe he did what he thought was right. That's all you can ask. If he doesn't perform he goes. If he does well- we'll all be happy....except Mick I guess
Nicely said.
Pretty much my thoughts.
I'd have kept Leigh Matthews absolutely.

(If people think I'm a suppprter of Nathan, well.... he has nothing on my Leigh admiration :))

Buckley I'm amazed at what sort of a human you are. I believed in some of the negative publicity directed at you. You are pure class. If weren't ever a collingwood coach or player right now youd still just about be my favourite coaches and all around media personalities going around. Absolute class legendary human...

When his coaching career ends; the pies would do well to hang onto Bucks in a footy admin type role. People question his coaching but his professionalism, media skills and modelling of standards make him an asset to the club.

I am sorry but I can't cop this Hird love in........Bucks it's not the medias fault he is in the place he is in!

What Hird did during the "saga" is on Hird.......he was selfish.

If the rumours are true then he is still selfish......the only people I have sympathy for are his kids and wife.

Yesterday I heard that "another" premiership player was bad mouthing Bucks.......that stuff doesn't sit well with me.

My irrelevant advise to Bucks is worry about his own backyard..........Hirds a big boy let him worry about his.

I am sorry but I can't cop this Hird love in........Bucks it's not the medias fault he is in the place he is in!

What Hird did during the "saga" is on Hird.......he was selfish.

If the rumours are true then he is still selfish......the only people I have sympathy for are his kids and wife.

Yesterday I heard that "another" premiership player was bad mouthing Bucks.......that stuff doesn't sit well with me.

My irrelevant advise to Bucks is worry about his own backyard..........Hirds a big boy let him worry about his.
I'm not quite sure Nathan was saying it's the medias fault at all.
He was just making the point about invasion of a private space.

I'm not sure about you, but I certainly would like the media camped out on my front lawn.
Sounds very much like stalking to me.

I'm also not sure why, when Nathan does something well, there seems to be a need to give him a back hander on the way through. Not sure, I just don't see the need to do that.

Now to Hirds charachter. I'm not sure he's the nicest person ever. Pretty sure he is selfish, or appears to be so.
Regardless of all his flaws, going down the path of considering life and it's merit is very serious.
To me, people deserves peaceful mind space.
I don't know about Hird love, not my concern, but to me I still hope he finds a peaceful head space, and good health, mental as well.

That's my take anyway, and accordingly I acknowledge Nathan's fine actions in this difficult time.
And it's totally irrelevant to his coaching. Or to the general gossip of life.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about you, but I certainly would like the media camped out on my front lawn.

Just on this one point.

Hird was quite happy during this saga to contact media for door stop interviews.
He also was quite happy to have his kids photo taken for a positive article for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on this one point.

Hird was quite happy during this saga to contact media for door stop interviews.
He also was quite happy to have his kids photo taken for a positive article for him.
All true. Don't think he's the nicest fellow ever.

Nonetheless stalking people is disgraceful in my opinion, regardless of the actions by the "object of affection"

It affects his neighbours, his children etc.

I'm not quite sure Nathan was saying it's the medias fault at all.
He was just making the point about invasion of a private space.

I'm also not sure why, when Nathan does something well, there seems to be a need to give him a back hander on the way through. Not sure, I just don't see the need to do that.

Now to Hirds charachter. I'm not sure he's the nicest person ever. Pretty sure he is selfish, or appears to be so.
Regardless of all his flaws, going down the path of considering life and it's merit is very serious.
To me, people deserves peaceful mind space.
I don't know about Hird love, not my concern, but to me I still hope he finds a peaceful head space, and good health, mental as well.

That's my take anyway, and accordingly I acknowledge Nathan's fine actions in this difficult time.
And it's totally irrelevant to his coaching. Or to the general gossip of life.

You missed my point S V.

The reason I banned myself from the 2016 Bucks thread is because of the disrespect shown towards Bucks in it.

I would never go down that path because the truth is I love the bloke.........but as I have explained to you in a PM I don't think he can coach.

His comments about Hird were unecessary IMO........he has a big year coming and he should worry about the things that he can control........that was my irrelevant point.

When his coaching career ends; the pies would do well to hang onto Bucks in a footy admin type role. People question his coaching but his professionalism, media skills and modelling of standards make him an asset to the club.
Fantastic media commentator, but primary job is coaching which has not been anywhere near the same standard.

You missed my point S V.

The reason I banned myself from the 2016 Bucks thread is because of the disrespect shown towards Bucks in it.

I would never go down that path because the truth is I love the bloke.........but as I have explained to you in a PM I don't think he can coach.

His comments about Hird were unecessary IMO........he has a big year coming and he should worry about the things that he can control........that was my irrelevant point.
Fair enough too.

I just thought it was a nice thing for him to do, so I acknowledged it.

Re coaching, this season will tell a tale.

All true. Don't think he's the nicest fellow ever.

Nonetheless stalking people is disgraceful in my opinion, regardless of the actions by the "object of affection"

It affects his neighbours, his children etc.

Stalking & tabloid "journalism" has been around for 2017 years.

More recent of course is rubbish like New Idea & Women's Weekly.

Stalking & tabloid "journalism" has been around for 2017 years.

More recent of course is rubbish like New Idea & Women's Weekly.

What I find unbelievable O A is that Robbo hasn't written an article about his mate Jimmy!

What I find unbelievable O A is that Robbo hasn't written an article about his mate Jimmy!
Might be in the clinic checking for polyps

Off season, he's currently on holiday.

drunk_santa1.jpg

You missed my point S V.

What did he say about Hird? Or are you going off half-cocked again?

What did he say about Hird? Or are you going off half-cocked again?

My apologies for sharing my opinion
on a forum.

P.S I miss you also Mame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back