Training The 2017 Pre Season (thread closed - the 2017 H & A season is here!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that's part of their program seeing as all those boys look a little underdone
Not sure how any of them would be underdone. All four of them have had a full, uninterrupted preseason aside from Thomas who's been doing a preseason for two years (also whom none of us have actually seen to even make that kind of judgement).

I would say that's part of their program seeing as all those boys look a little underdone

Maybe. But there were no coaches or staff around & it was a Saturday morning. So my guess is they were doing some extra running sessions on their own

Maybe. But there were no coaches or staff around & it was a Saturday morning. So my guess is they were doing some extra running sessions on their own

Yeah but I mean guys have programs to follow away from the club.

Extra running sessions outside of that program could actually be detrimental considering how fine tuned today's sport science is with exact kms each player gets

Not sure how any of them would be underdone. All four of them have had a full, uninterrupted preseason aside from Thomas who's been doing a preseason for two years (also whom none of us have actually seen to even make that kind of judgement).

3 of them missed the entire last year of AFL footy... 1 preseason doesn't take you from not playing AFL footy for 1-2 years to being 100% fit.

Also I think Smith had offseason surgery but could be wrong

3 of them missed the entire last year of AFL footy... 1 preseason doesn't take you from not playing AFL footy for 1-2 years to being 100% fit.

Also I think Smith had offseason surgery but could be wrong
Firstly, two of them missed the entire year, not three.

Second, you still don't have any idea if Thomas looks underdone, you're just assuming he is.

Third, Smith did not have surgery last year.

Really, you might be able to make a case for Elliott, but he looked as fit as anyone in the half he was allowed to play last week imo.

I wonder why it is that we haven't seen Josh Thomas, do you know if he's injured? I know he couldn't play the intra club but I was hopeful that he might have been part of the JLT series to get a look at what kind of shape he's come back in...

I wonder why it is that we haven't seen Josh Thomas, do you know if he's injured? I know he couldn't play the intra club but I was hopeful that he might have been part of the JLT series to get a look at what kind of shape he's come back in...
I assume that he's less of a priority to get games in to considering our stacked midfield and the fact he's a rookie. Not injured afaik, he's been participating in everything at training.

I assume that he's less of a priority to get games in to considering our stacked midfield and the fact he's a rookie. Not injured afaik, he's been participating in everything at training.
I was really expecting Thomas to get a game on Thursday night as Treloar, Pendles, Adams and Wells didn't play and we had plenty of cover in the backline with Howe not needed after half time. Also we are two mids down with Wills and Sier injured.

Not in the sights for round one is my guess. Might play one of the next two games but his role is to build form in the VFL and then try and stay on the list in 2018. He has along list of players ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows how Little the Idiot Jon Ralph Is:

Jon Ralph you say?
Stopped reading there.

Just another living off the game with little or nothing to contribute

Shows how Little the Idiot Jon Ralph Is:

I don't see the issue with his question Dave. Not many 3rd year forwards are capable of being an effective spearhead of a forward line.

The real dumbshit comment in the article was from Schwartz claiming that Cloke was Moore's decoy for the entire year. Cloke an Moore only played together in 9 of Moore's 17 games.

I don't see the issue with his question Dave. Not many 3rd year forwards are capable of being an effective spearhead of a forward line.

The real dumbshit comment in the article was from Schwartz claiming that Cloke was Moore's decoy for the entire year. Cloke an Moore only played together in 9 of Moore's 17 games.

So then our Forward line will do Bugger All then?

I know we have big wraps on Moore but people on here forget that Cloke won a Copeland at 20 years of age.

Moore is 21 this year...................it's a massive test for him in 2017.

I know we have big wraps on Moore but people on here forget that Cloke won a Copeland at 20 years of age.

Moore is 21 this year...................it's a massive test for him in 2017.

2017 is a Massive Test for ALL of the Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back