Prediction The 2019 predictions thread

With the trade period almost done it's time to start making predictions (outrageous or not)
So post them in here. I'll start
Number 33 will be retired as a mark of respect to Cyril
Hawthorn will finish 5th
Losing Burton isn't going to hurt us as much as we think at the moment
Our midfield will be the most dangerous in the game.
CJ will make his debut.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Birchall will remind us how good he is.
Impey & Wingard will be a force to be reckoned with.
Burton’s loss won’t be felt hard.
Scrimshaw won’t play many games if at all.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Iniitially I thought the 6-6-6 change would make little difference but it may.

How will clubs set up? Id imagine if we can Get Smithy and Scully exploiting that space on each wing it will be a bonus.

But what about the Goal squares? big or fast or both?

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Scully and Wingard improve us two fold and we finish on top. Then, become the first side since 2013 to take the premiership after finishing in first place through h&a.
Wingard and gunston get AA gongs as frwds, O’Meara , Mitchell , Smith, scully, Worps combine to be the best midfield combo in the comp.
there’ll be some talk about roughy tenure as best 22 or not but he’ll do enough to be a 5 time premiership star and along with Birch Burgoyne Henderson and Puopolo will hang up the boots!!!!
Clarko will still not be awarded as the best coach of the year nor will he give a *!
Jaeger for the Brownlow with so much salty bitching in the media!
Tom takes out the NORMIE and starts to get bored with nothing left to play for at the age of 26!!!

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
It's so hard to say and lots of competitive teams, but I have us somewhere between 4th and 9th, I think ultimately our lack of key position players makes it very tough for us to achieve anything more than that.

I'll have to bow to the greater wisdom of Dal Santo and Johnson who between them won everything that could be won in the AFL. 16th.

:drunk:

"Hawks tipped for bottom four" by AFL great and only a D+ for our trade week by another former "grate". No universal love from us in the media!

Oh dear! It appears that we have become the new Carlton of the AFL, recruiting mainly by being a salary cap dump.

With many other clubs recruiting well and expected to improve, and without knowing the FIXture it is hard to predict how we will go. Well north of bottom four is my hope. With Tigers, Eagles, Pies, Dees, * and even Port looking top four 'certainties' even making the eight may be difficult. Am expecting a Queensland team to have a much improved year. I presume our aim will be to make top eight, then try for top four, then go from there. Our sustained drought of finals success must be due break soon. In Clarko I trust. 5th to twelfth if I was pushed.

Jables

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Giants, Hornets, Bulls
Dal Santo and Brad Johnson have us finishing 14th-15th so let’s just pack this thread up now shall we

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adds two stars. Drops a whopping 10 places down the ladder because teams like Essendon added one player and are a dark horse for the flag(tell me if I've heard that one before). Makes sense, certainly not getting any whiffs of wishful thinking.

I expect no less than top 6, Wingard will kick 40+, our forward entries will improve, rebound should improve with Birch, midfield has risen up in class though we won't see the full picture until Scully gets back.

jimsim

Senior List
Jun 14, 2015
At the G
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sicily to play Forward
Hanrahan to replace Puopolo after the bye
Hawks to win first 8 games
Chad Wingard to kick goal after the siren to win to assure Hawks fans not to be gutted about the loss of Burton

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Brad Johnson had us finishing below Carlton.
tenor (12).gif

With many other clubs recruiting well and expected to improve, and without knowing the FIXture it is hard to predict how we will go. Well north of bottom four is my hope. With Tigers, Eagles, Pies, Dees, * and even Port looking top four 'certainties' even making the eight may be difficult.
Port Adelaide, Top 4 certainties?

RIOLINWITPUNCHS, you're up...

Bruno Oresar

McDonalds voucher winner
Nov 9, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Brad Johnson and Nicky Dal are bonified superstars of the game who know truckloads about footy. I respect their opinions and if they think bottom four they must be onto something. We have just gone through some very trying times as a club whilst Brad the brainiac and Nick know all about being at stable clubs with sustained success. They could well hold the recipe for success in their hands. They, like Paul Roos and Gerard Healy, have no hatred for Hawthorn and therefore their tips in no way reflect their bias. I am now very worried about a bottom four finish. Can we please start planing to replace Clarkson with Ross Lyon or Brad Scott. We must do something to hold off the looming juggernauts that are Carlton/Essenscum and cease our proven inability to recruit future guns through trade. = opposite

IdDinglHisDangl

Draftee
Dec 15, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Scrimshaw and Minchington will only play a handful of games this season, fringe players to start off with
Wingard will be slow off the mark with Scully to make an instant impact
We pick up Irving Mosquito
With Pittonet turning 23 he will get a run of a few games going but not enough to make Ceglar step aside (not this year anyway)

Debutantes: Moore, Hanrahan
Breakouts: Glass, Cousins, Mirra, Nash

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We win the premiership
Scully winsthe brownlow
Wingard wins player of the finals
Scrimshaw wins the normie.

Chad Kornes head explodes, Dal starts crying tears of blood, Johnson is last seen at waverly naked and homeless after the bookies collect, putting his last dollar through the pokies mumbling incoherently.

Cogs nominates us as a FA. The AFL changes it’s rules on FA. Shiel and Lynch gets WADA tested, where it’s confirmed they have both overdosed on stupidity.

Back