The AFL is on the edge of not coming back

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very different.

Suspending players who make perfectly legal tackles - remember Sicily was awarded a free kick -
Round And Round Spinning GIF by Sunny Bunnies

So tired of this line of argument, but then you're read a match thread and everyone is berating the umps for missing or making s**t calls.

They missed it. It's a dangerous tackle and should have been a free against Sicily.

Read the forums sometime, plenty of older blokes talking about how tough players were back in their day.
Obviously players were tougher because they dealt with that stuff and kept playing.

It doesn't mean it was a good thing.

But at the same time the lack of smashing into each other chasing the ball is something I miss.

The commitment to get the ball first and win the contest was something awesome about the game and now players stand back and wait. Something's been lost because of that.

Round And Round Spinning GIF by Sunny Bunnies

So tired of this line of argument, but then you're read a match thread and everyone is berating the umps for missing or making s**t calls.

They missed it. It's a dangerous tackle and should have been a free against Sicily.

It absolutely wasn't. Think most unbiased sane people all agree the same on this matter. It was an unfortunate accident which happens in football. Thankfully McCluggage is okay.

So am I biased and insane for thinking that points three and four easily apply here?

View attachment 1719025

Point 3 didn't apply.

Point 4 did but Coleman pushed Sicily. Before Sicily attempted to tackle he was moving the other way. Also Mcluggage tripped and fell backwards contributing to excessive force.

This tackle should've got 0 weeks and was awarded holding the ball. Nobody even realised mcluggage was concussed for quite a while. It was innocuous.

Point 3 didn't apply.

Point 4 did but Coleman pushed Sicily. Before Sicily attempted to tackle he was moving the other way. Also Mcluggage tripped and fell backwards contributing to excessive force.

This tackle should've got 0 weeks and was awarded holding the ball. Nobody even realised mcluggage was concussed for quite a while. It was innocuous.
Point three is arm(s) pinned as the example. In the other thread you keep arguing "when should Sicily let go" but here you're saying he didn't have the arm at all?

More holes in your defence than an English batsman

Point three is arm(s) pinned as the example. In the other thread you keep arguing "when should Sicily let go" but here you're saying he didn't have the arm at all?

More holes in your defence than an English batsman

Not pinned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Sicily still holding his arm now? Do you classify a hold of an arm for less than a second a pin? 📌 You're weird.

SmartSelect_20230614_194547_Twitter.jpg

is Sicily still holding the arm here?
SmartSelect_20230614_195849_Twitter.jpg
How about here?
SmartSelect_20230614_195902_Twitter.jpg
Oops! Too late Sis!

Point 3 applies, your dismissive opinion does not

Well then point three definitely applies then, because he doesnt allow opportunity for mcluggage to protect himself!
He had his other arm free and closer to the ground. So that's reasonable opportunity for Mcluggage to protect himself so point does not apply. Gee you must like getting owned by me.

He had his other arm free and closer to the ground. So that's reasonable opportunity for Mcluggage to protect himself so point does not apply. Gee you must like getting owned by me.
Must be trolling, because nobody can be this dumb.

Sicily has no time to let go of Mcluggages left arm, but mcluggage has ample time to reach his right arm across his body and down to stop his head hitting the turf

melting arctic monkeys GIF by Domino Recording Co.

Must be trolling, because nobody can be this dumb.

Sicily has no time to let go of Mcluggages left arm, but mcluggage has ample time to reach his right arm across his body and down to stop his head hitting the turf

melting arctic monkeys GIF by Domino Recording Co.

I didn't say that but interesting you've now fallen in this trap.

So which one is it Maddo11, the players had time, the players didn't have time to react?

This all happened in less then a second. Not pinned.

Usually if I pin something it will stay pinned for more than a second.
Sicily has no time to let go
Mcluggage has ample opportunity to protect himself

These are your own arguments

Steve Martin Spinning GIF

Sicily has no time to let go

Mcluggage has ample opportunity to protect himself

These are your own arguments

Steve Martin Spinning GIF

No I said he had less than a second.

You never answered my previous post.

I'll ask again. So which one is it, the players had time, the players didn't have time to react?

Problem is crowds are up & revenue is booming for the AFL.
Game is only going to get worse. ppl don't talk with their wallet anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back