Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Some will see it as hysteria, it isn't.
The league, the custodian of the game, does not listen to the fans, and it shows I'm so many social media comments, and on here.

The NRL was in the same spot about 10 years ago, but they actually listened. It took the game hitting record lows for participation and crowds for them to listen.

I feel like the AFL is at that point. Will they start to listen, or will they keep doubling down?

Ignore Sicily suspension.

The league is making a lot of rule changes, and sticks it head in the sand and refuses to listen to criticism.

This happened to the NRL. They started listening when the fans gave up
Why? It's literally what triggered you into creating this thread.

Why? It's literally what triggered you into creating this thread.

Actually, no, I've been sitting on posting it for some time.
I've even referenced the NRLs fall and rise in several other threads over the last couple of years.

Im not suggesting they ignore extemely dangerous tackles or bumps
I think the AFL should rely solely on social media comments to decide the direction of the game. :whitecheck:

The ones on social media are the ones most likely to be spending the money on the product. They're the ones the league can't afford to lose, particularly if they get out of the sports betting market

Actually, no, I've been sitting on posting it for some time.
I've even referenced the NRLs fall and rise in several other threads over the last couple of years.

Im not suggesting they ignore extemely dangerous tackles or bumps

The ones on social media are the ones most likely to be spending the money on the product. They're the ones the league can't afford to lose, particularly if they get out of the sports betting market
Sure you have. Had it teed up for months, just had a full calendar and haven't had a chance to post it until tonight.

Total coincidence.

the game is dead and james sicily has killed it

The league, the custodian of the game, does not listen to the fans, and it shows I'm so many social media comments, and on here.

The NRL was in the same spot about 10 years ago, but they actually listened. It took the game hitting record lows for participation and crowds for them to listen.

I feel like the AFL is at that point. Will they start to listen, or will they keep doubling down?
I agree well said

Sure you have. Had it teed up for months, just had a full calendar and haven't had a chance to post it until tonight.

Total coincidence.

You made up your mind. I referred the other major sport in this country.

Look up the nrls history, and there is a lot of parallels. The AFL in 2023 is being run very similar to the nrl in about 2004/2005

Look up the nrls history, and there is a lot of parallels. The AFL in 2023 is being run very similar to the nrl in about 2004/2005
Yes your extensive research into the NRL has conclusively proved the timing of this thread is completely unrelated to Sicily.

Umpire pays holding the ball, tribunal says 3 weeks, clubs and coaches say they’re confused = new AFL CEO says “there is no confusion around dangerous tackle rule” .. this league is a joke!
Exactly this.

Its just one example tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pal your argument sucked from.the moment you ignored the record breaking crowd figures at the AFL

Pal your argument sucked from.the moment you ignored the record breaking crowd figures at the AFL
You mean his 2 lines about the NRL didn't convince you? :eek:

Records are great, but as I hinted at, they don't remain if things don't change.
The AFL has a long way to fall.

If they ditch the sports betting money and the fans back away, there's a massive hole that won't be filled.

Mid 2000s in the nrl, the complaints were about suspensions and costs to attend.

The league didn't listen to the concerns.
Fans stopped turning up

Yes your extensive research into the NRL has conclusively proved the timing of this thread is completely unrelated to Sicily.
I couldn't give a * about Sicily but if you really think that the major officials (umps and tribunal,) being so far apart on what is acceptable (ie a tackle that wins a free also gets a three week suspension,) is workable in the long term you should change your name to bonkers34.

Its a problem.

On this thread people are talking about collisions and tackles as thuggery. They're not talking about thuggery as thuggery because there's * all left in the game. During the swans game Will Heyward tried to draw a free for a dangerous tackle by letting himself be thrown to the ground easily and contributing to the rotation of the tackle. There were people reacting to that as if the tackler was Barry Hall.

I couldn't give a * about Sicily but if you really think that the major officials (umps and tribunal,) being so far apart on what is acceptable (ie a tackle that wins a free also gets a three week suspension,) is workable in the long term you should change your name to bonkers34.

Its a problem.

On this thread people are talking about collisions and tackles as thuggery. They're not talking about thuggery as thuggery because there's * all left in the game. During the swans game Will Heyward tried to draw a free for a dangerous tackle by letting himself be thrown to the ground easily and contributing to the rotation of the tackle. There were people reacting to that as if the tackler was Barry Hall.
The umpires made an error. They're human, it happens.

There are more subtle changes than just insane overreaction to tackles. I think it's a gradual death by a thousand cuts. They'll never ever listen to fans that's for sure. They're doing it slowly because more people might turn off if they do it at once. It's why the footy media are completely owned by them and will never question anything. Even during matches now, you notice how 50 metre penalties quite often aren't even replayed, let alone examined to see if - I don't know - they might actually be valid? Umpires are certainly never, ever criticised and barely questioned.

You notice on the news the footy scores are rarely if ever given in the traditional way now? It's never "Richmond beat Collingwood 12.10.82 to 11.9.75", it's now ALWAYS "82 to 75". Always the total scores and never goals and points kicked. They can't even bring themselves to say "a 7 point victory", it's always total scores like it's some shite like basketball.

The ludicrous tackling "issue" they've invented is only one out of a hundred other things they've changed, and none for the better. Nominating ruckmen, the stand rule, umpires talking to players all belong in the under-8s, they don't belong at the top level. The deliberate out of bounds change is among tough competition possibly the single dumbest change and every fan who cheers for it at games should examine the giant gap between their ears.

You are simply a bulging wallet to them, nothing more. I stopped going to club Best and Fairests when it became more about auctions literally every round rather than supporting a football club.

You notice on the news the footy scores are rarely if ever given in the traditional way now? It's never "Richmond beat Collingwood 12.10.82 to 11.9.75", it's now ALWAYS "82 to 75". Always the total scores and never goals and points kicked. They can't even bring themselves to say "a 7 point victory", it's always total scores like it's some shite like basketball.
what exactly is this proof of?

Records are great, but as I hinted at, they don't remain if things don't change.
The AFL has a long way to fall.

If they ditch the sports betting money and the fans back away, there's a massive hole that won't be filled.

Mid 2000s in the nrl, the complaints were about suspensions and costs to attend.

The league didn't listen to the concerns.
Fans stopped turning up

Oh so this IS about suspensions. Just not Sicily's. You are making me do a lot of mental gymnastics to keep up with your contention.

Aww the media are involved too? How deep does this run bro? 5G involved I bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back