Big chunk of the ladder is still on a knife edge this late in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Spots 5 to 10 are well in play for everyone in that range. A kick either way in a couple of games and the ladder would look totally different.

1690159803175.png

Dons have a very soft draw on the way home too. Still play North and WCE.

Sydney beat them this week though and it becomes a hell of a lot harder.

All I want for Christmas is Carlton finishing ninth. Would be absolutely wonderful.
This is my wish as well.

I'm praying to whatever and whoever I can for it to happen.

Cats with the 4th highest percentage.
Finish anywhere in the eight and they are going to take out some teams.
All gained against bottom sides, they have struggled against the good sides when away from KP.
Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, GWS, Port and Brisbane have all beaten Geelong this year.

GWS are in form - they could do some damage in finals.
5 games left in the season, be interesting to see if or who they drop games to. GWS haven't beaten the Dogs or Port since 2019, and that Rd 24 game against the Blues.
But if their form keeps up, they might be favourites against anyone not in the top 4 besides the Dogs. Especially if the Saints slip and they get a home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 games left in the season, be interesting to see if or who they drop games to. GWS haven't beaten the Dogs or Port since 2019, and that Rd 24 game against the Blues.
But if their form keeps up, they might be favourites against anyone not in the top 4 besides the Dogs. Especially if the Saints slip and they get a home final.
Tbh, it might be a bridge too far …. Winning run is bound to end sooner than later and expect we drop a couple against other top 8 aspirants that put us just outside the 8

All I want for Christmas is Carlton finishing ninth. Would be absolutely wonderful.
Could happen. Could finish 10th. Or 6th.

Not much to be done about it.

I'm not actually on the team so my attitude isn't a factor.
Rubbish. There's plenty you can do Chief, plenty.

Get a membership. Head down to training and support your club. Cheer wildly, scream and howl encouraging statements. Make a banner- you can even borrow mine if you like ("Patty Dow? Patty NOW!!!"). Wave a flag (the players love flags). Head to the game and vigorously gesticulate from over the fence- football players are stupid remember, sometimes they need members of the audience to point out the direction of the goals. Sit in the cheer-squad and hold up a target for Charlie Curnow to aim for. Yell "BALL!!!!!!" at every stoppage. Abuse the umpires- they're campaigners and deserve it anyway- and also you never know when the pressure will get to them and they'll pull a free kick out of their collective arses (happens every week). You like bush Chief? Kate Bush? Make a deal with God innit, Sunday morning on your hands and knees, works for billions of people all over the world, maybe it will work for you too! Just make sure you pray strenuously, deeply, and earnestly, because I'm doing the same... I even learned black magic last week, I'm making voodoo dolls now. Getting the pins ready, manifestation baby! And next Tuesday I'm going to sacrifice a goat!!

Every little bit helps!!!!!

I think North, West Coast, and Hawks have fed a lot of the middle clubs wins and percentage to keep them in contention. Mind you, I haven't recently looked at the number of times each team has played them this year.

I think North, West Coast, and Hawks have fed a lot of the middle clubs wins and percentage to keep them in contention. Mind you, I haven't recently looked at the number of times each team has played them this year.
The top three in the Coleman race have kicked 35 goals in 4 games against West Coast, with Larkey to play against us again this round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back