Mitch Lewis is on the verge of big things

Remove this Banner Ad

B grade potential if he stays on the park
He’s got A grade potential if he stays on the park.

He was 8th in the comp for average goals in 2023 off a very limited prep.

Barring injury, Mitchell Lewis is going to be one of the Premier forwards in The AFL. He's got experience under his belt now and you could see last season what his capable of. In the next year or two, this fella is going to be right up there with the very best forwards in the competition.
When you say one of the Premier forwards in the AFL , are you thinking top 12 ?

Relax, he's just a Hawk scrub. Wake me up when he accomplishes somethin.

Port players with a higher goal average than Lewis in 2023: 0
Port players with a higher goal average than Lewis in 2022: 0

Maybe if Port had more scrubs like Lewis, you wouldn't keep crapping the bed in September?

When you say one of the Premier forwards in the AFL , are you thinking top 12 ?

He's been 6th and 8th for goal average in the comp over the last 2 years, playing in a poor team with no other decent key forward (meaning double and triple teaming). His injury affected games also brought his goal average back - after leading the Coleman early in '22 (before injury#1) and having the highest goal average up to Round 15 (before injury#2)

His main barrier has been staying on the park (which is a big barrier as he has never played more than 15 games).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port players with a higher goal average than Lewis in 2023: 0
Port players with a higher goal average than Lewis in 2022: 0

Maybe if Port had more scrubs like Lewis, you wouldn't keep crapping the bed in September?
We finished H&A 3rd top. You were third bottom. We're going okay, we will go again, have another run at finals. Wake me up when your crack-occasionally-playing-forward crack the 8.

We finished H&A 3rd top. You were third bottom. We're going okay, we will go again, have another run at finals. Wake me up when your crack-occasionally-playing-forward crack the 8.
Such hilarious lip from someone who supports a club that is a full two decades out from their last, and one and only flag.

(Just quietly, we have 4 since then)

Such hilarious lip from someone who supports a club that is a full two decades out from their last, and one and only flag.

(Just quietly, we have 4 since then)
'Lip'. lol. You don't like facts about last season, as opposed to stuff that happened years ago, 8 years, in the case of your last flag. But keep living in the distant past if that's all you've got for leverage. Hilarious stuff :D

Id happily have him for even 15 games is a gun, hard to split him and Larkey for talent. Larkey broke out last season with a big year expecting the same from Lewis this year. If Chol can play some good games and split the defenders attention may help him even more.
To me, Larkey has been an A grader for the last 2-3 years and he is just about the best tall forward in the comp. He just suffers from playing in a struggling , low profile club.

Mitch has talent but also has a long way to go

Assuming both were fully fit, I'd take Lewis over Larkey.
I think people underestimate how good Lewis can be. Even now, outside of Sicily, he is easily the best and most influential player at Hawthorn.

He can take a strong contested mark, can tackle, plays hard and looks like he can turn things on and be a match-winner. Unfortunately, his body keeps letting him down which is of course a major concern. But if he can on top of that, no reason why he wouldnt be one of the top 3 or 4 key forwards in the game over the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back