Racing The All Star Mile

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me put a case forward for you guys to vote for my horse Amphitrite.
Went from mdn to G1 in 4 starts last campaign and was desperately unluck in the g1 empire rose, the oaks was a step to far, williams pulled her up as a precaution.

She still had a massive amount of improvement to come, she has been at the beach building muscle, set to trial on tuesday.

The Autumn Sun Vs Amphitrite 13th Oct Guineas wins, TAS covered 1625m Vs Amph 1624m, TAS 1:35.58 Vs Amph 1:35.67, TAS On Speed Vs Amph Last, TAS 56.5Kg Vs Amph 55.5KG, TAS Eased losing a couple of metres in the run home Vs Amph SUBJECT TO A MID RACE SLOW DOWN. That would suggest there is not much between them.

In the same race the year before, off the back of the same pace for the first 1000m Amphitrite went home 4 lengths quicker.

People also worried about the field being garbage, i agree to a point but I would happily have 5 of the top 10 + 4 wildcards, dont be surprised if something out of the top 10 drops out to injury, it happens all the time.
For a free hit at $250k give Amph a vote.

https://www.allstarmile.com.au/profiles.html#/horses/amphitrite FB_IMG_1548546129254.jpg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Went from mdn to G1 in 4 starts last campaign and was desperately unluck in the g1 empire rose, the oaks was a step to far, williams pulled her up as a precaution.

Refund my losing oaks ticket when it went full Smart Melody and I may consider it

She still had a massive amount of improvement to come, she has been at the beach building muscle, set to trial on tuesday.

The Autumn Sun Vs Amphitrite 13th Oct Guineas wins, TAS covered 1625m Vs Amph 1624m, TAS 1:35.58 Vs Amph 1:35.67, TAS On Speed Vs Amph Last, TAS 56.5Kg Vs Amph 55.5KG, TAS Eased losing a couple of metres in the run home Vs Amph SUBJECT TO A MID RACE SLOW DOWN. That would suggest there is not much between them.

In the same race the year before, off the back of the same pace for the first 1000m Amphitrite went home 4 lengths quicker.

People also worried about the field being garbage, i agree to a point but I would happily have 5 of the top 10 + 4 wildcards, dont be surprised if something out of the top 10 drops out to injury, it happens all the time.
For a free hit at $250k give Amph a vote.

https://www.allstarmile.com.au/profiles.html#/horses/amphitriteView attachment 611869

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am a big fan. think shes a good miler and i think she will get a run. if not a big chance to get a wildcard. Given how i am punting at the moment though I hope i havent cursed her!

Just saw on twitter that the 4 wildcards will be based on prizemoney and doesn't have to be nominated for the race. Would be funny if 4 average Hong Kong horses who have won millions decided they wanted to run.

Just saw on twitter that the 4 wildcards will be based on prizemoney and doesn't have to be nominated for the race. Would be funny if 4 average Hong Kong horses who have won millions decided they wanted to run.

Reliable source? Might be time to shop around for Happy Clapper's best available odds...

Reliable source? Might be time to shop around for Happy Clapper's best available odds...

I think Heath has completely misunderstood this tweet - would suggest NOT JUST GOING OUT AND BACKING THE HIGHEST PRIZEMONEY EARNERS

Greg Carpenter tweet just says the Wildcard can come from anywhere - they don't have to be nominated. He isn't saying they are based on prizemoney.

I think Heath has completely misunderstood this tweet - would suggest NOT JUST GOING OUT AND BACKING THE HIGHEST PRIZEMONEY EARNERS

Greg Carpenter tweet just says the Wildcard can come from anywhere - they don't have to be nominated. He isn't saying they are based on prizemoney.

whoops yep did misunderstand it. Carpenter said the emergencies will be the highest earners.

whoops yep did misunderstand it. Carpenter said the emergencies will be the highest earners.

No he didn't - it is likely you completely misunderstood what he said. Stop posting statements that could make people place antepost wagers unless you have evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Step 1. Trainers nominate
Step 2. People pick
Step 3. Top 10 decided
Step 4. If any top 10 pull out 11th, 12th etc take their spot
Step 5. Carpenter selects wildcards. Could be anybody and not necessarily from nominated horses eg Winx could be selected as long as they accept.
Step 6. Four emergencies are the four highest earning prizemoney from those originally nommed in Step 1 (as long as trainers still accepts)
Step 7. Race
Step 8. Grunt wins

Step 2. People pick
Step 3. Top 10 decided
Step 5. Carpenter selects wildcards. Could be anybody and not necessarily from nominated horses eg Winx could be selected as long as they accept.
Step 6. Four emergencies are the four highest earning prizemoney from those originally nommed in Step 1 (as long as trainers still accepts)
Step 7. Race
Step 8. Grunt wins

L E L

Step 2. People pick
Step 3. Top 10 decided
Step 7. Race
Step 8. Grunt wins
the scary part of this is Carpenter selecting wildcards. he is a moron

??? god you talk utter s**t - super smart guy with a great knowledge of the history of racing.

??? god you talk utter s**t - super smart guy with a great knowledge of the history of racing.
no hes not
He is the one who implemented the weight penalties for the Caulfied/Melbourne Cup which were removed.. (in writing but i bet not practice given last years (non) penalty for best solution.
He has no grip on how good Australian horse racing is either. We have had good handicappers in the past, he is not one of them

He has no grip on how good Australian horse racing is either. We have had good handicappers in the past, he is not one of them

Pot well and truly calling the kettle black here

Pot well and truly calling the kettle black here
au contraire. i am the only one who has a good grip. A good handicappers job is to try and make sure all horses go over the line at the same time. Carpenter panders to the overseas horses and rates ours too highly, hence we get the 2nd rate Euros dominating our staying races.

Godolphin to collect lots of all star mile bickies.

Hartnell so suited to a strong mile.

Not withstanding your posts on his handicapping prowess, or otherwise, he actually really knows his racing.

Whilst I have different views on some of his handicapping, his knowledge, is superior to most.

Actually three of greatest people in racing knowledge are Greg Carpenter, Jim Bowler, the late Kevin Ryan.
All chief handicappers for the VRC / Racing Victoria.

That’s my posts point, just on racing knowledge.
Not about weights given or otherwise.

Not withstanding your posts on his handicapping prowess, or otherwise, he actually really knows his racing.

Whilst I have different views on some of his handicapping, his knowledge, is superior to most.

Actually three of greatest people in racing knowledge are Greg Carpenter, Jim Bowler, the late Kevin Ryan.
All chief handicappers for the VRC / Racing Victoria.

That’s my posts point, just on racing knowledge.
Not about weights given or otherwise.
I will give you Jim Bowler and Kevin Ryan, but a handicapper is supposed to make racing more even. Greg Carpenter does not do that. I know that the compression of weights does cause some of these issues but there are ways to fix this. Also i think the benchmark system is an abomination. It just causes all these problems with fixing races as you can run dead and go back in class whereas the previous system worked well for so many years. I am pretty sure he was the reason it was implemented
we did things so well in Australia up until 20 years ago, since then we have adopted world wide practices and made our racing worse, whereas Japan copied our racing systems and is thriving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back