The Apprentice: 2024 Republican primaries

Who will be the 2024 Republican candidate?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • Donald Trump Jnr

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Eric Trump

• Ivanka Trump

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Josh Hawley

• Matt Gaetz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Ted Cruz

• Lindsey Graham

• Marco Rubio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mike Pence

• Mike Pompeo

• Tucker Carlson

• Sean Hannity

• Devin Nunes

• Jim Jordan

• Chris Christie

• Other

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm referring to the Republican debates with all their men around her to shout her down.

Trump actually did well in that one to make them all look like fools and come out king fool.

Republican primary should be like hunger games, last one alive is the nominee.

Mitt Romney is positioning himself as the 'modern centrist' candidate that would win votes back from democrat voters.

After the post-Trump bloodletting the GOP may choose to avoid lurching further towards the conspiratorial right so they can start appealing to minorities and urban voters again.
If Romney is the nominee, the GOP gets slaughtered.

Cotton, DeSantis, Cruz, Haley,and Rubio. Maybe throw Greg Abbott in there , I cant see hawley getting a sniff now

I expect trump in a few months to say he is running, start doing rally's for two years purely for fundraising purposes then to pull out with 6 months to go

Watching them murder each other will be delightful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nikki Haley now distancing herself from Trump...

“When I tell you I’m angry, it’s an understatement,” Haley hissed, leaning forward as she spoke. “Mike has been nothing but loyal to that man. He’s been nothing but a good friend of that man. … I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him. Like, I’m disgusted by it.”
“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” she said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

If all the other primary candidiates will be jostling for the Trump base, I guess it makes to strike out and be the non-Trump candidiate. Although I wonder how far she'll get if she shuns Trump completely. I imagine she'll probably walk some of this back whenever it suits her.

Pompeo has to be the dark horse in all of this
Not sure he can be a dark horse when his ambition is so naked.

I wonder, though, what exactly is his constitutency within the GOP?

No doubt Trump will be the 2024 candidate. Not getting impeached a second time and he has all the ammunition he needs to fuel conspiracy.
I think there is at least some doubt.

Trump will be the nominee unless he is somehow excluded by the Senate or convicted of a felony.

Nikki Haley is Murdoch's appointment.

Hot on their heels is Pompeo.

None of the other Trumps would stand a chance (though they could still win the nomination).

If Trump is disqualified, and he wants Don Jnr to win the nomination, the first two things he will do is bad-mouth Haley and bad-mouth Pompeo.

Nobody outside the Trump circle is even a remote chance. They own the party, all the sensible people have left the building.

The only way Romney is the nominee is if he runs third party to stop Trump winning.

Back