The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard whispers of that earlier. He has coached Geelong to plenty of top 4 finishes and a GF that it makes sense but also coached them in lots of shockers in the finals. At least Geelong know how to back a coach.

Comes to a point in the next 2 or 3 years when they will fall off a cliff and have to start on a list rebuild.

Can see the Cats been contenders again in 2022, bur that is it probably it

Do they back him in to oversee their rebuild or go with someone new ?

I suppose they don't want the uncertainty of having an out of contract coach going into 2022, I would only be giving him a 2 year extension though if things up end up going Pear shaped.

Ben Crocker just won Carlton's Reserves Best and Fairest (29 goals in 9 goals)
Surely gets a gig on a senior list again somewhere next year (probably not with us)

Would be a good pick up for North or Essendon imo
I'm sure a team could use him but not sure it's us. There is no room for him in our midfield and we have younger types like Ford, Zu, Stephenson, Mahony, etc up forward. We will be in the market for a top quality small forward over the next two drafts though.

Surely gets a gig on a senior list again somewhere next year (probably not with us)

He managed to get scored for 29 goals while only kicking 9 goals? Who did he pay off.

I doubt it, he's already been turfed by two clubs. He's one of those gun state league players who just doesn't have it what it takes to make it at the top level.

I doubt it, he's already been turfed by two clubs. He's one of those gun state league players who just doesn't have it what it takes to make it at the top level.

On a rookie list, I think he is worth a punt tbh.

3 goals per game in the VFL this season (or thereabouts) is a very good return.

Hope he gets another chance anyway, really top lad from all reports

On a rookie list, I think he is worth a punt tbh.

3 goals per game in the VFL this season (or thereabouts) is a very good return.

Hope he gets another chance anyway, really top lad from all reports
There are plenty of people like that though. Liam McBean kicked 54 in 19 as a KPP but won't get a gig on a list even as a replacement.

Awesome! I read there will be another installment in 2022.

Brisbane’s episode is in the link.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are plenty of people like that though. Liam McBean kicked 54 in 19 as a KPP but won't get a gig on a list even as a replacement.
honestly I can't believe he hasn't got a look in. a level above sanfl with clean hands and a great kick

A good thing if that’s the case, he offers absolutely nothing.
Turned into a bit of a defensive plodder unfortunately, doesn't intercept as well as Henry, can't play on a big. Think he got a new 3 year deal also so he won't be going anywhere anytime soon I'd imagine.

But he's one who should make way for Clark if the latter is retained.

Great production, that Dynasties doco.

I haven’t seen the first episode yet but I will over the weekend. Brisbane were such a great team during their 3-peat. It will also be a good reminder just how great Michael Voss was.

I haven’t seen the first episode yet but I will over the weekend. Brisbane were such a great team during their 3-peat. It will also be a good reminder just how great Michael Voss was.

It's only a one episode thing, but a well put together production.

It's only a one episode thing, but a well put together production.

I was curious about that actually. I know that the next team covered is in 2022 but wasn’t sure if the Brisbane episode was 1 or more episodes. Thanks. :)

I always thought if you had that side at their peak playing Hawthorn at their peak that Brisbane would win and quite comfortably. That Brisbane side were unbelievably stacked at pretty much every position on the ground.

I always thought if you had that side at their peak playing Hawthorn at their peak that Brisbane would win and quite comfortably. That Brisbane side were unbelievably stacked at pretty much every position on the ground.
Yeah I agree. Feel like they peaked themselves just when it mattered. Across the 22 rounds they'd pick and choose when to get blokes rested and their form would build to a huge September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back