The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

There's one thing Kornes is vindicated on. Rozee is streets ahead of Walsh.

He's actually been more right than wrong lately. Was pretty down on the Tigers coming into the season when most thought they were a flag chance, and has been critical of the Eagles conditioning for years prompting them to come out and be pretty strong against him in the media. I think he puts a lot out there to get a reaction but don't think he's far wrong too often these days.

How an AFL full forward can’t kick drop punts when going for goal, I’ll never understand.

The worst one was Charlie Curnow kicking around the corner from 20 metres out in Round 23, the kick was marked on the goal line (20 metres out, just to make that clear) and we go on to lose by a point and miss finals by a bees dick of a percentage. That was fun.

Yep and we're diluting the quality more by adding more teams.

Don't buy into that at all. Lengthy injury lists and poor coaching contribute to it far more than the number of teams.

Don't buy into that at all. Lengthy injury lists and poor coaching contribute to it far more than the number of teams.

I read a great post on the Blues board that basically said that we are getting killed by teams playing a modern game plan and we are stuck playing an old brand of football. Went onto to use Butters and Rozee as an example of the perfect modern day players.

A team is only as good as the coaching. If a team is poorly coached, the team won’t stand a chance against teams with good modern coaching.

there's nothing exciting about carlton. they dont even take the game on and make mistakes. melbourne just waited for the skill mistake. to not at least back it up with pressure and chasing is criminal these days.

plus how come curnow and mckay are exempt from playing in the ruck? would've had curnow ruck for 10-15 minutes yesterday just to get him in the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's nothing exciting about carlton. they dont even take the game on and make mistakes. melbourne just waited for the skill mistake. to not at least back it up with pressure and chasing is criminal these days.

plus how come curnow and mckay are exempt from playing in the ruck? would've had curnow ruck for 10-15 minutes yesterday just to get him in the game

Because Voss prefers the undersized JSOS, who isn’t particularly good at anything. But hey, he did try Young in the forward line to spice things up a bit. 😂

He's actually been more right than wrong lately. Was pretty down on the Tigers coming into the season when most thought they were a flag chance, and has been critical of the Eagles conditioning for years prompting them to come out and be pretty strong against him in the media. I think he puts a lot out there to get a reaction but don't think he's far wrong too often these days.
He praised Will Phillips last week. Just assumed he was ill or the apocalypse was round the corner.

And at Fullback… Sam Zorro

Mask Zorro GIF

Shannon Hurn legit looks 50 years old lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back