The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Prestia nominated Richmond, maybe he went for them growing up? Can't think of anything else. No offence to Richmond but that place isn't looking great right now and if I was a player id steer well clear.

Also his chances of any success there is pretty low.

Interesting that Prestia nominated Richmond, maybe he went for them growing up? Can't think of anything else. No offence to Richmond but that place isn't looking great right now and if I was a player id steer well clear.

$$$$$$$$$

Not everyone is success driven ...

I think the hope is we downgrade 6 for a later first rounder and trade that to Gold Coast for Prestia - though apparently they are stacked with top 25 picks so might be more keen for players.

Will be interesting to see what we net for Vickery (if he goes) as well as Conca and Lennon who apparently want out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 6 pick gets you a top prospect but only that, a prospect. Trading it gets you a guaranteed AFL proven A grade midfielder in this case.
Even with their list they'd be boneheads to turn Prestia down and take a prospective 18yo.
I'd expect pick 6 to be more durable

Like I much rather Wingard, Macrae or Francis than 15 game a season vanilla Prestia

I'd be chucking pick 6 at Tom Mitchell, not Prestia
Tom Mitchell is an average disposal. I was a big fan of his but I think it was SM (maybe some one else) that may have pointed out some of his flaws which I began to notice. Seems like he might be one of those players that looks better in a better team.

Tom Mitchell is an average disposal. I was a big fan of his but I think it was SM (maybe some one else) that may have pointed out some of his flaws which I began to notice. Seems like he might be one of those players that looks better in a better team.
Disagree

Ball magnet from day one

Regularly has to play the team role due to Kennedy and Parker around him, such as running with opposing inside mids.

Elite extractor, consistent too, would be a huge chop out for Dusty and would give Cotchin freedom to receive the footy.

No injury issues either which is a pet hate of mine with midfielders as imo it should diminish value.

Prestia, vanilla, struggles with a tag, injury prone. B + at best imo. A grade status is a myth

Yep. He's in the same mold as Rocky. He's an accumulator but doesn't do much with it.

Sooo, Tape and Stanley are now gone from the Suns.

Am I wrong in thinking there's only three original Suns left? (Harbrow, Ablett, and McKenzie?) You would've thought a younger team would stay together for long, but amazing how quickly it all disappears in 5 years with McKenzie the only notable draftee, (sigh, our 2010 side...)

Am I wrong in thinking there's only three original Suns left? (Harbrow, Ablett, and McKenzie?) You would've thought a younger team would stay together for long, but amazing how quickly it all disappears in 5 years with McKenzie the only notable draftee, (sigh, our 2010 side...)
Eerrrrr

Lynch? May? Thompson? Matera? Swallow?

May, Lynch, Harbrow, Rischitelli,Hall and Matera are still left.

Their drafting has been crap, gone for too many outside players and lacked the grunt that GWS went for

define original?

Still have Matera, Shaw, Day, May, Thompson, Swallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back