The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrevski-Seton: high-risk, high-reward. Was skeptical at first but by all reports if it does come off we have got one hell of a talent!
Zach Fisher: like the look of him, very fast & exactly what we need with the run and carry. Cousin of Dennis Armfield apparently
Macreadie: was considered to be a top 20-30 at some points & 1 of the best KPD if not the best. Just surprised we got another KPD with Weitering, Plowman & Marchbank already on the list
Polson: literally had to google video search him, pacy small mid.
Williamson: really like this pick! Late-December kid who went top 10 in the combine in; Beep Test, Agility (1st), Standing Vertical Jump, Running Vertical Jumps, Kicking Test & 3km time trial. Born a few weeks later with those testing results you'd think he goes a lot earlier in next seasons draft.
Kerr: was pulling my hair out that we hadn't picked him up yet. Hopefully he does develop nicely we desperately need him, Mckay & Curnow to get it working down the track

Petrevski-Seton: high-risk, high-reward. Was skeptical at first but by all reports if it does come off we have got one hell of a talent!
Zach Fisher: like the look of him, very fast & exactly what we need with the run and carry. Cousin of Dennis Armfield apparently
Macreadie: was considered to be a top 20-30 at some points & 1 of the best KPD if not the best. Just surprised we got another KPD with Weitering, Plowman & Marchbank already on the list
Williamson: really like this pick! Late-December kid who went top 10 in the combine in; Beep Test, Agility (1st), Standing Vertical Jump, Running Vertical Jumps, Kicking Test & 3km time trial. Born a few weeks later with those testing results you'd think he goes a lot earlier in next seasons draft.
Kerr: was pulling my hair out that we hadn't picked him up yet. Hopefully he does develop nicely we desperately need him, Mckay & Curnow to get it working down the track
I really like Carltons draft. I like Fisher a lot.

Would have loved to have SPS, Fisher and Williamson. Macreadie another goodie, just odd considering your list position

Would have loved to have SPS, Fisher and Williamson. Macreadie another goodie, just odd considering your list position
Only makes sense if they either see Macreadie moving fwd or Plowman will just play on smalls.

Happy with the 3 pacy mids & then Kerr of course

Licking your lips with pick 1 in the rookie draft?
Seems like a lot of quality yet to be drafted. Very intriguing but we have supposedly committed to redrafting McKernan and Eades as rookies, so not sure what the go is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased enough with the results.

McGrath gives us pace and quality ball use.
Ridley is a tall utility with excellent kicking
Begley is an inside beast
Mutch fills the Essendon supporter quota
Clarke is the slider who can play inside and outside midfield

Addressed a number of needs. Slightly surprised we didn't pick Battle but it looks like we weren't the only club to have doubts.

Very happy to get English, looks a great ruck prospect and should fit in well with the type of footy we play.

Limpinski sounds like a classic Dalrymple grab and i think he'll get games next season, plus he is a Doggies supporter who was at the GF....nice. Clean hands and has a basketball background, sounds familiar.

Lewis(KPF/D) will take a bit of time which he'll have. We needed a KP.

Greene who knows, hard to get info on him as hes a real smokey. Has elite endurance and had a great end to his season. Sounds like a great country kid.

Good draft.

Last edited:
Very surprised we ended up with Brodie, for the life of me, was thinking Clayton would have picked English as that tall athletic type. Can't say I am disappointed in it however.

2 genuine midfielders in Bowes and Brodie, 1 Quality Small Forward in Ainsworth and 1 Rebounding Defender in Scrimshaw. As well as a tough onballer in Scheer as our 2nd Academy product.

If we can hold onto these lads we will be looking at a brighter future.

We love our WA boys.

Not sure what to make of our draft as I didnt follow it much this year, but always excited by our first rounder; quick midfielder is what we needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back