The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norf did well getting udl after Freo went to Brayshaw. Left sos with a tougher choice than he would have expected with Dow and UDL available. Who knows how it'll all play out but really like the sound of our first two picks.

Explosive inside and outside mid in Dow is a big thing we lack. And then some outside class in O'Brien which i desperately wanted to fix. Was hoping we got a slider at 30 to do that but it wasn't to be

Won't lie I am ecstatic Brad jumped on that grenade. Was seriously worried we'd rookie that crab in need of outside speed.
Gladly went Kelly instead. Any mid who can 35 and 7 in a game in the WAFL is better than Hartung I'd have thought.

Any mid who can 35 and 7 in a game in the WAFL is better than Hartung I'd have thought.

It was in a game that we won by 145 points and there was little to no accountability or effort from East Freo. I do agree he is better than Hartung.

It was in a game that we won by 145 points and there was little to no accountability or effort from East Freo. I do agree he is better than Hartung.
Mids kicking 7 don't often happen in close games. Scratch that then.
Someone who's 2nd in the WAFL b&f is far better to draft than Billy Boy. Genuinely was worried we'd throw him a lifeline.

No chance were taking him with 2 or 5 and he wasn't lasting until 44. Eagles probably would have taken him with their next. As a South Freo supporter I am glad I don't have to start hating him like I would if he went to the Eagles.

Yeah was more the eagles in the 20’s i was thinking. I still thought he might have lasted till 44 though just due to the fact hes mature age. But i guess the young depth in this draft wasnt there

Hartung > Smedts. Not that that’s saying much haha.

Who can tell me anything about the kids we drafted? Did not bother looking into it at all this time around.
I had Dow as our second choice for pick 3 behind Rayner so very happy with that pick. Comparisons range between Dangerfield, Parker and Cotchin for being able to get his own ball and be damaging with it. Goal scoring mid.

O'Brien is one I really wanted to get. If we had a pick around 15 we'd have been able to get him there so it's a bit of a reach but he is exactly what we need. Fast outside midfielder with a lethal left foot.

De Koning is a strange pick at 30 considering Hayes was still available. From what I've read he isn't just a ruck also plays forward. Schumacher is another Bendigo midfielder. Can't say I know much about him other than the few clips posted today. Could be another Williamson Polson late reach by SOS.

And then Garlett with the last pick of the draft. Not sure what they were thinking there since he wasn't even training with us. Apparently he has had some family issues in the past hopefully he can get on track and make the most of his second chance.

How many rookie picks have we got? Still think O'Shea and Shaw will get picked up

Apparently he has had some family issues in the past hopefully he can get on track and make the most of his second chance.

That is all sorted now. He left GC because one of his parents were pretty sick IIRC so he came home to be closer to family.

That is all sorted now. He left GC because one of his parents were pretty sick IIRC so he came home to be closer to family.
Yeah I thought it was his brother but it may have been misheard.

Good to have an extra small forward with only LeBois as backup to Pickett for that spot in the 18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Dow as our second choice for pick 3 behind Rayner so very happy with that pick. Comparisons range between Dangerfield, Parker and Cotchin for being able to get his own ball and be damaging with it. Goal scoring mid.

O'Brien is one I really wanted to get. If we had a pick around 15 we'd have been able to get him there so it's a bit of a reach but he is exactly what we need. Fast outside midfielder with a lethal left foot.

De Koning is a strange pick at 30 considering Hayes was still available. From what I've read he isn't just a ruck also plays forward. Schumacher is another Bendigo midfielder. Can't say I know much about him other than the few clips posted today. Could be another Williamson Polson late reach by SOS.

And then Garlett with the last pick of the draft. Not sure what they were thinking there since he wasn't even training with us. Apparently he has had some family issues in the past hopefully he can get on track and make the most of his second chance.

How many rookie picks have we got? Still think O'Shea and Shaw will get picked up
Cotchin isn't damaging

Less than Dangerfield but it's massive trolling to say he does nothing damaging at all
Cotchin is a good mid for sure, but he's not absolutely elite and he's not damaging. I kinda get poor mans Robert Harvey feels about him.

Vital cog for sure, but he's nowhere near Martin and he hasn't had a season any where near as good as his Brownlow year in the 5 years since.

Naughton, Richards and Porter is a pretty tidy draft for us yet again. Happy with that.
Interested to see if Porter makes it, seems he has good attributes to do so as a mid or medium pressure forward.

Wonder if Fergus Greene will come good too, he started the VFL on fire this year then got injured, he was taken late around the same pick as Porter was from last year.

Liked our haul.
Fogarty addresses the need for pressure as the no.1 pressure/tackle player.
Kelly as mature helps cover Motlop. Will play a lot next year.

Think we've ended 1 short so maybe a DFA to come. Edit: Likely will rookie Crameri.
Is Kelly that kid with tats?

I thought it started at 7:30, so that’s probably the confusion about the start time.

I wish the draft was still on a Saturday afternoon.
Saturday morning actually

Can remember playing or umpiring junior cricket in the mornings, then Dad would drive me home or to my senior game and he'd be listening to talkback about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back