The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean last season when you started 0-6 (and lost to the team with bigger problems in their own backyard...). Yeah, weird that I thought you were underperforming then.

Clearly you’ve not read my thoughts on Carlton at the moment. I’ve already stated we’re the worst team in the comp by a long stretch. Not sure why that means I shouldn’t have an opinion on the game last night.

Ok mate. :thumbsu:

Swans are still a contender. Last night looked like one of those off nights and they were still in it with a couple of minutes to go. I'd be as shocked as I was with last nights results if they don't make top 4

Swans are still a contender. Last night looked like one of those off nights and they were still in it with a couple of minutes to go. I'd be as shocked as I was with last nights results if they don't make top 4

We'll make the Top 4 but no chance at the flag.

Are there teams you definitely think you can't beat? From top 4 I'd say you'd have to have some chance. 2 wins and you're in in the gf from there anything can happen

We can't win at the G in big games so whoever we have to play there we'll lose.

Young down back(should be in the seniors this week) is one im really excited about.

Theres not many AFL players in the side with injuries atm. Roberts, Roughie, Biggs, Porter, Greene and Campbell the only ones.
Hard to tell with Young. Both sides played +1 behind the ball so both teams tall defences looked good. Played alright but wouldn’t say it screamed “pick me”.
Campbell was serviceable. Neither set of rucks got on top.
Biggs... for a man who had no opponent for chunks of the game he sure does butcher the footy.
Roughead and Trengove were ok. Probably will get a call up due to unavailabilities but were decent without starring.
Roberts. Read Young. Hard to know much more than he played alright in a system that helped talk defenders peel off their man. Both boys kicked the ball like a back man lol.
Greene was anonymous and couldn’t pick Porter out of police line up if it was just him and 5 chicks lol.

Angus Monfries is still the original Mr Punchable.

Hard to tell with Young. Both sides played +1 behind the ball so both teams tall defences looked good. Played alright but wouldn’t say it screamed “pick me”.
Campbell was serviceable. Neither set of rucks got on top.
Biggs... for a man who had no opponent for chunks of the game he sure does butcher the footy.
Roughead and Trengove were ok. Probably will get a call up due to unavailabilities but were decent without starring.
Roberts. Read Young. Hard to know much more than he played alright in a system that helped talk defenders peel off their man. Both boys kicked the ball like a back man lol.
Greene was anonymous and couldn’t pick Porter out of police line up if it was just him and 5 chicks lol.

Angus Monfries is still the original Mr Punchable.
Porters in Perth. Sounds like a pretty scrappy game from the reports ive read.

Porters in Perth. Sounds like a pretty scrappy game from the reports ive read.
It was.

Narrow ground.
No ruck dominance.
Defensive +1
No class or speed of Halfback.

Contested scrap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely big H never plays at the northern blues again. Doesn't do a heap but has a presence about him. Sees more of the footy at senior level with better players around him. As much as I'm sure Bolton wanted to play run and gun stuff in year three we're just not ready for it and need to go back to scrapping like that

it's also an absolute joy to watch a bloke like paddy cripps go about it. elbowed in the nose, tries to hide the blood, is back on 2 mins later and right back at it.
Didn't even react to it and pounced on the footy. If it wasn't for the negative press it would gain I'd give him the captaincy right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back