The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t agree at all. Then again, I don’t think a football club lives and dies by the standings.

Wot?

They've been s**t for a generation, how on Earth can you not define them as currently being s**t?

Wot?

They've been s**t for a generation, how on Earth can you not define them as currently being s**t?

Does the generation include future years? When you embark on a rebuild that started only 4 years ago, it takes time to see results. This isn’t 2003 anymore and passed Carlton administrations. You’re smarter than this.

Like any Carlton fan, I had no real hope during the time you’re referencing. I do however have hope for our future during this period of time, though.

Last edited:
Does the generation include future years? When you embark on a rebuild that started only 4 years ago, it takes time to see results. This isn’t 2003 anymore and passed Carlton administrations. You’re smarter than this.

Like any Carlton fan, I had no real hope during the time you’re referencing. I do however have hope for our future during this period of time, though.

But no one other than you is arguing about future years. Bojan and I are talking about right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just love that Carlton supporters are still pushing the 4th year of rebuild bullshit.

Why is it bullshit? It’s a different administration since Silvagni became list manager in 2015 and started overhauling the entire list.

Sometimes I don’t know why the North Melbourne, St Kilda and Fremantle fans on here find it so easy to take pot shots at Carlton all the time. Considering that those clubs are 3 of the biggest basket cases in football history. It’s just very weird to me.

Why is it bullshit? It’s a different administration since Silvagni became list manager in 2015 and started overhauling the entire list.

Sometimes I don’t know why the North Melbourne, St Kilda and Fremantle fans on here find it so easy to take pot shots at Carlton all the time. Considering that those clubs are 3 of the biggest basket cases in football history. It’s just very weird to me.
It's bullshit because if his vanilla club ever tried to rebuild or not be a middle of the road nowhere club they'd be moved interstate

It's bullshit because if his vanilla club ever tried to rebuild or not be a middle of the road nowhere club they'd be moved interstate

Its funny because unless you support West Coast, Richmond, Bulldogs and GWS these days, you probably have little hope for the next couple of years. And yet, I haven’t seen the same pot shots from their supporters.

Its funny because unless you support West Coast, Richmond, Bulldogs and GWS these days, you probably have little hope for the next couple of years. And yet, I haven’t seen the same pot shots from their supporters.
That wasn't intended as a potshot at North either, it's sound business practice by them to remain in the 7th-14th range. They aren't a viable club with consecutive years below that range. This has always been the case since the game went national that 9 Melbourne teams is too many and 2 or 3 wouldn't survive being at the bottom of the ladder for considerable periods

That wasn't intended as a potshot at North either, it's sound business practice by them to remain in the 7th-14th range. They aren't a viable club with consecutive years below that range. This has always been the case since the game went national that 9 Melbourne teams is too many and 2 or 3 wouldn't survive being at the bottom of the ladder for considerable periods
Nice melt

One thing is for sure, that the very next Victorian club to go interstate would probably end up being North for the reason you listed. It will be an interesting next few years to see if that happens since it’s been talked about for the last 20 years.

I just love that Carlton supporters are still pushing the 4th year of rebuild bullshit.
ODN is a pisser with this. Had a good argument with him, adamant that 2019 was a season where they were 66 games into a rebuild.

They’re 20 years into their rebuild

what’s your point exactly?
That unless you follow one of those clubs you can’t critique the blues?

Seems defensive.
yet North are still here... in Melbourne
One thing is for sure, that the very next Victorian club to go interstate would probably end up being North for the reason you listed. It will be an interesting next few years to see if that happens since it’s been talked about for the last 20 years.
North will stay. Their members are pretty loyal

And yet we're still here. Debt free. In Melbourne. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back