The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What did Kohli do this series to make everyone hate him even more? I haven't really kept on top of it, can someone give me a rundown please.
he gives it large but can't take it and sooks to the media. Has given his fair share of send offs in the series too.

Fact is, you can do that s**t when you are dominating. When you are struggling to get it off the square and Mitch Marsh has a better series average than you, just stfu and get in with it. His reviews were funny tho. Not sure he got one right all test match.

Jadeja should cop it too. campaigner is appealing for lb when half his deliveries pitch a foot outside leg.

he gives it large but can't take it and sooks to the media. Has given his fair share of send offs in the series too.

Fact is, you can do that s**t when you are dominating. When you are struggling to get it off the square and Mitch Marsh has a better series average than you, just stfu and get in with it. His reviews were funny tho. Not sure he got one right all test match.

Jadeja should cop it too. campaigner is appealing for lb when half his deliveries pitch a foot outside leg.
don't let him off lightly, not only does the s**t Marsh brother have a better series average, so does our extras :$

O'keefe the false saviour needs to watch him tbh, not a prodigious spinner but in their conditions he spins it square.
This test it was back to nudies SOK. Hence why he'll never be our no.1

I'm a huge fan of Kohli. Love how he gives it to the Aussies, not too long ago we had a team featuring many campaigners like him. Now it's being served back. It's great.

He does go a bit too far though with some of the theatrics. But I've noticed since the World Cup here a few years ago, that there's always at least one or two cameras completely dedicated to watching him. The cameras seem to be fixed to him at all times, capturing every reaction or every time he speaks or cheers on his teammates etc.

It's almost unprecedented the spotlight and focus on him, if he's being watched constantly then there's always bound to be some material discovered to have a go at him for.

I do wish though that some of it is toned down. He has a hell of a competitive edge to him and is clearly a leader that galvanises his teammates. I've been to India over forty times, lost count at forty one. It's been a couple of years since the last visit but he is as revered there as Sachin was.

And yes the over appealing was out of hand on the last day, desperation at times for Jadeja. I also cringed though when the likes of Hazelwood is on his haunches about to hit the pitch because an LBW appeal was turned down when the ball was clearly misusing leg.

I'm a huge fan of Kohli. Love how he gives it to the Aussies, not too long ago we had a team featuring many campaigners like him. Now it's being served back. It's great.

He does go a bit too far though with some of the theatrics. But I've noticed since the World Cup here a few years ago, that there's always at least one or two cameras completely dedicated to watching him. The cameras seem to be fixed to him at all times, capturing every reaction or every time he speaks or cheers on his teammates etc.

It's almost unprecedented the spotlight and focus on him, if he's being watched constantly then there's always bound to be some material discovered to have a go at him for.

I do wish though that some of it is toned down. He has a hell of a competitive edge to him and is clearly a leader that galvanises his teammates. I've been to India over forty times, lost count at forty one. It's been a couple of years since the last visit but he is as revered there as Sachin was.

And yes the over appealing was out of hand on the last day, desperation at times for Jadeja. I also cringed though when the likes of Hazelwood is on his haunches about to hit the pitch because an LBW appeal was turned down when the ball was clearly misusing leg.
He's under no more spotlight than Dhoni was. I don't think anyone minds the oppo being lippy if they can back it up but he has done sfa this series so looks like a complete tosser.

He's under no more spotlight than Dhoni was. I don't think anyone minds the oppo being lippy if they can back it up but he has done sfa this series so looks like a complete tosser.

He's most definitely under more spotlight than Dhoni, there's cameras permanently fixated on him. The two aren't even comparable. Almost every reaction is exacerbated depending on your interpretation. I for one simply thought he was clapping in support of the reviews going India's way, but others viewed it as mocking Steve Smith. Amazing.

Yes he's had a poor time with the bat but given what he's done in the past, even scoring hundreds here, I think he has enough of a track record. His leadership is also intangible, it cannot be measured in runs. Yep it doesn't look good as I've said, he just needs tone it down slightly, but with one test to go the scary prospect is that he has a big one.

He's most definitely under more spotlight than Dhoni, there's cameras permanently fixated on him. The two aren't even comparable. Almost every reaction is exacerbated depending on your interpretation. I for one simply thought he was clapping in support of the reviews going India's way, but others viewed it as mocking Steve Smith. Amazing.

Yes he's had a poor time with the bat but given what he's done in the past, even scoring hundreds here, I think he has enough of a track record. His leadership is also intangible, it cannot be measured in runs. Yep it doesn't look good as I've said, he just needs tone it down slightly, but with one test to go the scary prospect is that he has a big one.
i guess most of us didn't like it when our side was full of campaigners so most us just chuck him in the same boat.

Disagree on the Dhoni part too. he turned up to the last test and the cameraman was on him constantly. He's more revered than Kohli in India and Sachin is next level. Kohli reminds me a lot of Ganguly who was a campaigner too.

The Sachin thing is a problem. India are so desperate for another star to cling to that they've hitched their wagon to Kohli who's just not that good.

He averages less than 50 but is seen as the Sachin of his generation when he's not even close. I don't mind him being a prick though, I think it's funny that he winds people up.

That Australia team that I grew up watching in the late 90's-early 00's were the biggest w***ers ever, it's a big part of what made them so special.

i guess most of us didn't like it when our side was full of campaigners so most us just chuck him in the same boat.

Disagree on the Dhoni part too. he turned up to the last test and the cameraman was on him constantly. He's more revered than Kohli in India and Sachin is next level. Kohli reminds me a lot of Ganguly who was a campaigner too.

Very true. It was an extremely difficult team to fully support, the smug arrogance and ungracious campaigners. Losses were rare but I didn't mind seeing them knocked down to earth every now and then.

The camera was on Dhoni because he was a special guest for the day. A legend up in the stands is always going to draw attention. That's hardly comparable to him in his playing days vs Kohli. Sachin yes is next level, he is lauded still especially amongst the older generations there.

Kohli is more popular imo with the younger generation of Indians. From experience that is.

Ganguly was such a hypocrite.

He gave just as well as he received but had the sheer twattishness to complain to the media about ugly austrlains.

Same as Kohli runs to the media but is just as big of a twat as everyone else.

Very true. It was an extremely difficult team to fully support, the smug arrogance and ungracious campaigners. Losses were rare but I didn't mind seeing them knocked down to earth every now and then.

The camera was on Dhoni because he was a special guest for the day. A legend up in the stands is always going to draw attention. That's hardly comparable to him in his playing days vs Kohli. Sachin yes is next level, he is lauded still especially amongst the older generations there.

Kohli is more popular imo with the younger generation of Indians. From experience that is.

How could anyone not love that all conquering Australia team? The mentality of that side is up there with the best I've ever seen from any sporting side. Just pure winners.

It's the generation that followed who I hated because they tried to have the attitude but it was so forced and made them look like dickheads, plus they didn't have the skill to back it up. Brad Haddin being the biggest example.

Australia vs India Test series averages

1. SPD Smith 74.20 (371 runs)
2. CA Pujara 69.60 (348)
3. KL Rahul 56.40 (282)
4. GJ Maxwell 53.00 (106)
5. MT Renshaw 37.16 (223)
6. WP Saha 35.75 (143)
7. PSP Handscomb 34.40 (172)
8. M Vijay 31.33 (94)
9. MA Starc 29.50 (118)
10. SE Marsh 24.33 (146)
=11. MS Wade 22.80 (114)
=11. AM Rahane 22.80 (114)
13. DA Warner 21.83 (131)
14. KK Nair 16.33 (49)
15. RA Jadeja 16.00 (64)
16. MR Marsh 12.00 (48)
17. SNJ O’Keefe 9.25 (37)
18. V Kohli 9.20 (46)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

347886_c1580a345327de34b0627138ca1e5213.JPG

NUFC Tiger Gosha wanna change clubs? :p

I'd love to see balls faced in order.
Pujara
Smith
Renshaw
Rahul
S Marsh
Handscomb
Saha
Rahane
Wade
Vijay
Warner
Maxwell
Starc
O'Keefe
M Marsh
Jadeja
Kohli
Nair
Yadav
Ashwin
Hazlewood
Mukund
Sharma
Lyon
J Yadav
Cummins

Thanks for that!

So SMarsh goes from 10 to 5 in that regard.

Think just looking at runs doesn't tell the whole story of a tour tbh. Marsh and Handscomb only hit 50 and 70 runs, but both innings were just as vital as Pujara's big score.
Not really. Pujara's score set them up with a chance to win a test. There's just avoided a defeat. Imo setting up a win is worth more

Hazelwood is one of the worst appealers I've seen in recent years. Lost count of the amount of times he's gone up when the ball has clearly pitched outside leg.

Last night was ridiculous. If he was Indian, it'd be labeled 'cheating' around these parts. Conning Smith into that review when there was a clear inside edge was moronic.

Cummins has changed the complexion of the game now. Finally got some wickets he was deserving of earlier.

Hazelwood is one of the worst appealers I've seen in recent years. Lost count of the amount of times he's gone up when the ball has clearly pitched outside leg.
Jadeja. Not even in the same stratosphere as the next closest. Appeals for everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back