The Australian Greens - What are they Doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a lot of garbage in all of his or her posts. I'm assuming he or she is an ESL person, but that's an aside.

Climate change, like every other issue in 2020 is black and white. Every discussion is like arguing with angsty Hayden Christensen Anakin Skywalker.

It is true, in essence you either believe that (man made) climate change is real or you don't. There is no absolute consensus on the precise impact of every contributing factor and the likelihood of success of mitigating measures, but from a simple perspective of 'yep, it's a thing' and 'nope, the atmosphere plays no role in the existence of life on Earth and nothing we do impacts it anyway except for that one time with CFCs but..' then it's easy to be on one team or the other.

Beyond that there is plennnnty of grey area. Australia are party to the Paris Agreement and have set targets for 2030. Personally I don't think meeting those targets (or not) will make a skerrick of difference to mitigating climate change, and I don't think the more stringent ALP targets (should they win the next election and alter govt policy) will either. Is that denialism? I call it realism. Doesn't mean that one or both are necessarily bad policy, just that they won't save the World. For all the 'we should be leaders' feelings, there's every chance we do our bit to reduce emissions whether by 10%, 20% or 100% over next decade or so and the climate here and elsewhere continues to decline. 'We can't save the world we are just one small country' isn't carte blanche to do nothing, and moving away from fossil fuel dependency even if the positive effect on global CO2 levels is negligible is still prudent given the technology and economics are already headed in that direction.

IMO the only "solution" (and I use that term loosely) to climate change is another Montreal Agreement or equivalent. Does anyone seriously think that if CFCs were phased out under a 'set your own target, we hope to kinda keep teh hole around the same size it is but you do you' that anything meaningful would have been achieved?
NO ITS NOT MAN MADE IT'S NATURE MADE, Climate changes warm cool it is of the nature of this world, but because you freaks want someone or something to blame for what is natural and also natural because we humans are "of nature" as well but with bigger brains, we stupidly invented burning coal for electricity, hows that for your blind "my way or the highway" highway attitude ansd adding insult as well, well the donk before did.
But really science is never undisputed, never , if it was, the world 'd be flat.

If the climate ever destroyed planet earth, that would be nature, who ever may have contributed to it, coal burners or cows farting , well who the hell would care by then.
But when you blame everything on climate change you can't fix what the real problem is!
It's like blaming Al Capone for an unknown mass murderer in some obscure place , that no one could find , well has to be Al we got no body else only he could be that vicious.
Yeah its just that bloody stupid, your dogmatic attitudes to what you want everyone to believe, there is no belief, there is only witnessing of truth and theories and then deciding how you see it.
And acting on it rationally sensibly and not sh****ng yourself and scaring others along with your own terror blinded by a political "pushers" maybe like Greta's Mum and Dad, who can tell, people who panic about things will always see the terror, whether there or not, the fact is if the planet kills us all, we will have no say .
We are nature too, look I'm going insane here, every time I turn on BF I see the dO THE GREENS HAVE ANY SHAME, well of course they don't.
But what politically dominated people do have shame , and this debate is so political that its steam will fizzle out soon.
And we can really fight then about the football!

Well LNP, ALP or G's, PH's, CB's. what ever so everyone is an intellectual minnow according to your deep studies of several million people. AND WHICH WAY THEY VOTED, BIG ASSUMPTION?

Nope, not at all.

Conservative voters are intellectual lightweights. As is anybody who denies man-made climate change.

So, jog on minnow.

Nats voters using the public health system. They probably hate Whitlam though
WHAT! You make a comment of political dog s**t, after a farming kid loses his leg??????
Anyway to the young bloke,you'll be right young fella , good on you , and try hard and you'll get back on your bike too.

PS MODS IS THIS APPROPRIATE OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE.

Nope, not at all.

Conservative voters are intellectual lightweights. As is anybody who denies man-made climate change.

So, jog on minnow.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, great comeback and you a Hawk? I forgive you my son or daughter, heh heh,
Strangely though, I am not that conservative , so I expect that I am smarter only by a little, than President Jeff!

Is that OK or have I Blasphemed?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT THE MATCHES UNDER THE FINGERNAILS..... I NEVER MENTIONED CLARKO! NO, ONLY MR JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT! You make a comment of political dog s**t, after a farming kid loses his leg??????
Anyway to the young bloke,you'll be right young fella , good on you , and try hard and you'll get back on your bike too.

PS MODS IS THIS APPROPRIATE OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE.

Yes I did. The kid can't hear you am I not allowed to point out the blatant hypocrisy with nats voters? It's a bit like a leftie driving a v8

How do you think this would've went down in pre obamacare America? Kid/whole family probably thinks Howard is god too

NO ITS NOT MAN MADE IT'S NATURE MADE, Climate changes warm cool it is of the nature of this world, but because you freaks want someone or something to blame for what is natural and also natural because we humans are "of nature" as well but with bigger brains, we stupidly invented burning coal for electricity, hows that for your blind "my way or the highway" highway attitude ansd adding insult as well, well the donk before did.
But really science is never undisputed, never , if it was, the world 'd be flat.

If the climate ever destroyed planet earth, that would be nature, who ever may have contributed to it, coal burners or cows farting , well who the hell would care by then.
But when you blame everything on climate change you can't fix what the real problem is!
It's like blaming Al Capone for an unknown mass murderer in some obscure place , that no one could find , well has to be Al we got no body else only he could be that vicious.
Yeah its just that bloody stupid, your dogmatic attitudes to what you want everyone to believe, there is no belief, there is only witnessing of truth and theories and then deciding how you see it.
And acting on it rationally sensibly and not sh****ng yourself and scaring others along with your own terror blinded by a political "pushers" maybe like Greta's Mum and Dad, who can tell, people who panic about things will always see the terror, whether there or not, the fact is if the planet kills us all, we will have no say .
We are nature too, look I'm going insane here, every time I turn on BF I see the dO THE GREENS HAVE ANY SHAME, well of course they don't.
But what politically dominated people do have shame , and this debate is so political that its steam will fizzle out soon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, great comeback and you a Hawk? I forgive you my son or daughter, heh heh,
Strangely though, I am not that conservative , so I expect that I am smarter only by a little, than President Jeff!

Is that OK or have I Blasphemed?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT THE MATCHES UNDER THE FINGERNAILS..... I NEVER MENTIONED CLARKO! NO, ONLY MR JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The club I follow has nothing to do with it.

Your postings are the ramblings of a deranged lunatic.

You are not "deniers" because you disagree with the so called "warmers." You are deniers because you have turned your back on the science.

Laughable. There is NO science that says anything Australia does will have a noticeable impact on global temperatures.

According to the science we are facing an existential problem.

Utter piffle.

Laughable. There is NO science that says anything Australia does will have a noticeable impact on global temperatures.

Utter piffle.

Here he is folks, the village idiot.

We don’t get to point the finger at others whilst not doing our share to rectify things you dullard.

You cant even refute what I stated. Your assertion re science is totally incorrect. Bit rich being clueless re the science and calling people idiots.

Reducing Australia's emissions by 100% will cause what drop in global temperatures? Come on, just answer it, you clearly think you know what you are talking about.

We don’t get to point the finger at others whilst not doing our share to rectify things you dullard.

So what? As if the Chinese give a flying foxtrot about what Australia says.

Delusional.

You cant even refute what I stated. Your assertion re science is totally incorrect. Bit rich being clueless re the science and calling people idiots.

Reducing Australia's emissions by 100% will cause what drop in global temperatures? Come on, just answer it, you clearly think you know what you are talking about.

So what? As if the Chinese give a flying foxtrot about what Australia says.

Delusional.

It’s called leading by example dummy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes yes. We all know that this argument is what the Murdoch press has told it's mindless drones to run with. But why keep repeating it when it's already been utterly destroyed?
Although it does seem to be a bit of a pattern for anti science nutters to regurgitate the same failed argument again and again until the Murdoch press comes up with a new irrational talking point.

Why are people looking stupid, I read the New Daily its free and do they ever sprout some bulldust, and bias, but its fun to to see all the one line answers just insults and stupidity and any disaster to blame climate change for, hah.
I never have needed some bloody news hound with leaning any which way for me to see logic, and to recognise bulldust and political point scoring expecially using bloody disasters floods bushfires droughts you name some green idiot will blamer every thing on climate "change" well climate has been changing since existence of the living plant s and creatures cam about.
Way before fossil fuels and luddite ism became the new fashion, ice ages came about and melted , well I guess climate was cooling and warming way back then aren't you folks getting sick and tired of this rubbish , and blaming the wrong thing ion other wrong things, don't you reckon there were bushfires a thousand years ago??? And droughts, , it is the past, you look at to get hold of your future with sense, of course as I have said before we have always HAD climate change, its the history of nature on earth, it didn't start with the industrial revolution it was already here, we may influence it a bit, instead of arguing with political abusing we should be looking towards how we make our fires not so catastrophic, every fire is catastrophic, our influence have a serious look at the size of this planet, you know what I've said before, we are miniscule, but to ourselves we are a plague, but a real plague and something to worry about would be if Fire Ants grew into the same size as us and multiplied a million times more than us, our total population can fit in a very small area if crammed in, we don't do that to prove a point but that has been mathematically worked out, and even if not totally accurate it gives you an idea of our spread and how WE look at it, and if you really have a think about space or area, we are really insignificant little animals, our major problem is we have big brains.

And now we have phones, airoplanes, cars, TV's, computers, very much better medical services, elimination or close to it of diseases that used to kill millions. we know this because in some third world countries they are just getting help for stuff we barely see any more, discoveries to make life easier.

You know that fossil fuel burning is the only way people in BIG business will be able to afforsd the renewables we will eventually have but a longer time away than people think, we have had two trial places for wave power in Australia that went down because they ran out of money , and that is now, while the fossil fuels are still being used but some stations are being shut down

Do you know , I asked this the other day, do you know who will RENEWABELISE the planet, it'll be the big business' along with the huge mining and industrialised companies with billions and billions of dollars they will do it when it is timed and affordable and it maybe in the next century, but they will be the ones , the ones everyone hates right now, but still buys their products and uses electricity from. Governments may help they can't do it all, but how sick to death of this political bullshit about the climate do you folk out there get. I am fed up.
I don't follow right , left , green , communist , Nazi or fascist ideals from media news readers, I do see great piles of their biased manure thrown out, and they all do it, shoot Bolt if you like but try the ABC if you really are neutral, think about that blind freddy knows they all spring from one suide or the other, if you can you watch all and try to make out the real from the crud.

I have had to, though, give Q&A the arse, because it is positively totally in agreement with itself these days, never used to miss it. And I'm a foremer disillusioned long term unionist, loved kicking the crap out of Sir Henry and Mal Fraser, loved Bobby Hawk worshipped big Pauli although he has changed a bit too, on the journey discovered that a great deal of the union movement are as crooked as some of the liars we put in parliament, hence my look at both sides now more evenly, and I can say , Morrison may be slow , and Turnbull was an idiot and egotist, but when Bill lost , WE ALL DODGED A BULLET!

Now you should all be thoroughly fed up with my common sense. Because that's what it is.

Also anyone who considers ant-vaccination nut cases anywhere close to climate reasoners in their thinking, (called by the dumb the "deniers") that's anyone who disagrees with warmers, you are definitely off the air and politically w***ed OF YOUR BRAIN!

1579118529686.png

Yes yes. We all know that this argument is what the Murdoch press has told it's mindless drones to run with. But why keep repeating it when it's already been utterly destroyed?
Although it does seem to be a bit of a pattern for anti science nutters to regurgitate the same failed argument again and again until the Murdoch press comes up with a new irrational talking point.
Why don't you answer the question. If Australia dropped its carbon emissions by 100%?

It’s called leading by example dummy.

None of your posting vaguely resembles an intellect that justifies your grandiose opinion of yourself, so put a lid on it. People dont come here to see some ranting leftist loon throwing insults around.

So to paraphrase, "there's no such thing as man-made climate change because we are also of nature (but with bigger brains), so it's all natural climate change."

Does that mean if I was to shoot someone and they died, the death should be ruled as a result of natural causes? Me and the materials of the gun and the bullet are all of nature, so the death of the other person happened naturally.

This changes everything!

So to paraphrase, "there's no such thing as man-made climate change because we are also of nature (but with bigger brains), so it's all natural climate change."

It's an interesting take on things. Especially given the impacts on the environment due to the actions of man.

Is the consistently poor air quality in Beijing natural? What about all the land in Australia that is no longer arable due to Western agricultural practices raising salinity? What about that time we burned a hole in the ozone layer manufacturing CFCs?

Pollution is different to the carbon cycle, but they both have an impact. The Earth is a greenhouse, hence the gases in the atmosphere are called greenhouse gases. The greenhouse effect is pretty important unless you don't think the planet sustaining life is important. I do wonder how people would react if burning fossil fuels had the reverse effect on CO2 levels and the atmosphere was depleting in GHG levels and the planet was cooling.

I apologise for my personal attack.

But I reject your claim of a well-documented scientific consensus on climate change as 'axiomatic'. Science rarely deals in axioms. You're talking about things like the speed of light, or the law of conservation of energy etc. Discussion around climate change is several levels away from those things. It's not a black and white issue. There are many highly credentialed scientists who hold a nuanced position. Just one example, Hans von Storch.

There have been several scientific areas in the past where the consensus has been shown to be wrong. Science is especially prone to this problem when the subject has been politicised - and climate change is currently the most politicised area of science.
This article is from SEVEN years ago. As Caesar said the world has moved on.

Does that mean if I was to shoot someone and they died, the death should be ruled as a result of natural causes? Me and the materials of the gun and the bullet are all of nature, so the death of the other person happened naturally.

This changes everything!
That's an interesting argument. Do you plan on testing it in court?

I skip his posts because they’re absolutely deranged nonsense on every single topic. He’s even worse on the main board, some of his meltdowns when Freo won last year were epic. Complete nutter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back