Analysis The Awkward Captaincy Problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotational captains please. We are set for the next decade.

2021 - J. Steele
2022 - T. Membrey
2023 - R. Marshall
2024 - Z. Merrett
2025 - H. Clark
2026 - J. Kelly
2027 - N. Coffield
2028 - D. McKenzie
2029 - B. King
2030 - M. King

Interesting that the Saints wheelchair team got SM messages from two St Kilda people leading up to their finals campaign: coach Brett Ratten and random player Jack Steele.
they also got one from my Western Saints ...
thats it im the captain now !! ;)

I think 95% of us are on the same page that it is time for a change.

Personally, I would rather let Steele be Steele. For me, the job should go to either Billings or Hanners

Roma a smokey
Sorry mate , i normally like your posts but i cant have Billings who looks like he is going to cry all the time and im guessing has never given anyone a spray and Hanners who has failed to prove he can stay on the park .
Members , Roma , Steele , take your pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membrey my first option but would love if Dougal Howard got the gig. Really leaves his heart on the field.

Not a huge fan of giving it to Steele, let him be our best player and improve without the weight of the captaincy on his shoulders

Membrey my first option but would love if Dougal Howard got the gig. Really leaves his heart on the field.

Not a huge fan of giving it to Steele, let him be our best player and improve without the weight of the captaincy on his shoulders
That’s assuming he won’t improve as a player with the captaincy.

For me, it makes complete sense for it to be Steele, and would love Membrey and Howard to be vice captains.

I'm a big believer in having leaders in each part of the ground.

Leadership group:

D: Howard (VC), Geary
M: Steele (C), Ross
F: Membrey (VC), Billings

Sorry mate , i normally like your posts but i cant have Billings who looks like he is going to cry all the time and im guessing has never given anyone a spray and Hanners who has failed to prove he can stay on the park .
Members , Roma , Steele , take your pick

Membrey looked barely AFL standard this year. I'd make Dougal Howard the captain. He's got the right attitude. One thing I noticed in the player highlights was that when ever one of our players were targeted he was first there to stand up for them. He plays with a bit of intensity that would be pretty good too. Steele is good at the on-field but he seems a bit quiet for the media stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back