Movie The Batman (2021) SPOILERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Iceberg lounge scene, songs used

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good movie, well shot and well acted. Liked the noir look and detective elements.

My main criticisms are the length (could have trimmed about 15-20 mins off it) and I don't reckon they nailed that ending.

8/10 type film for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The obvious one was the deceased mayor’s son, but I also wondered about the cop in Riddler’s apartment with Batman towards the end, and the reluctant member of the train gang that Batman spared.
I’m going with the reluctant gang member who is ironically Tim Drake in titans [/spoilers]

Seeing it for a third time with my daughter …such a special moment for me

How old is your daughter? My sons are too young for this stuff as yet, going to be amazing when they’re old enough for me to take them with me to see in cinema. That batmobile experience for example would be brilliant.

Thought that, above all else, this was a beautifully crafted movie. The only thing stronger than the cinematography was the score, which I loved.

Found Pattinson the opposite of Bale, in that I loved his Batman, but wasn’t enamoured with his Bruce Wayne. He pulled off a younger Batman well without any diminished presence on screen in spite of his obvious development still to come.

Loved his transition from ‘vengeance’ to ‘hero’ in the last few scenes and thought thematically that worked really well.

Farrell was fantastic as Penguin and would never have thought it was actually him, which speaks volumes for the performance. Kravitz was great as Catwoman - the purrfect casting choice. Wright’s Gordon was wonderfully hands on. Dano I preferred after being unmasked, reminded me of your classic loner serial killer.

The one I was a bit meh on was the guy who played Falcone - Turturro? Thought he lacked any real menace.

I thought with the visual of the face wrapping and the ‘Hush’/‘Elliot’ references that they were going down a different pathway for a minute, and felt kind of letdown that it was probably just an Easter Egg. That villain would be perfect for this tone/universe so I hope it’s something they explore in a sequel.

The flooding/climax felt a little anticlimactic to me, but that’s really a nitpick. Fantastic movie and I can’t wait to see it again this week. It felt like one of the grittier graphic novels had leapt onto the screen before me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back