Religion The Bible: Literal, figurative, bulldust?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's conjecture on your part. If you don't know how scientists and mathematicians determine the odds of two fingerprints being identical, you have no basis to challenge it.

It is a hypothesis not fact. Identical twins have different fingerprints; so it being possible should be first considered, before analyzing the probability of it occurring. Remembering that every one of our fingers has different prints.

I'll go with the first law of thermodynamics. Energy can neither be created or destroyed. Therefore, there was always something. One logical conclusion is that the Universe has always existed in some form or another.

Do you believe biblegod was created or did they randomly appear from nothing?

I believe god always existed. I do not believe the same for humans or nature.

It is a hypothesis not fact. Identical twins have different fingerprints; so it being possible should be first considered, before analyzing the probability of it occurring. Remembering that every one of our fingers has different prints.
I doubt it's still at hypothesis level given we're using fingerprints to throw people in jail.

If it's a passion of yours, do the research and present your own scientific paper for publishing.

I believe god always existed. I do not believe the same for humans or nature.
You claim that the Universe can only be explained by a creator, yet believe an infinitely more complex god wasn't created. That's fascinating, isn't it.

I believe god always existed.

Purely on faith.

I do not believe the same for humans or nature.

"But of course any God capable of intelligently designing something as complex as DNA/protein replicating machine must have been at least as complex and organized as the machine itself. Far more so if we suppose him additionally capable of such advanced functions as listening to prayers and forgiving sins. To explain the origin of the DNA/protein machine by invoking a supernatural Designer is to explain precisely nothing, for it leaves unexplained the origin of the Designer. You have to say something like "God was always there", and if you allow yourself that kind of lazy way out, you might as well just say "DNA was always there", or "Life was always there", and be done with it."

Richard Dawkins: "The Blind Watchmaker" 1986

Purely on faith.

"But of course any God capable of intelligently designing something as complex as DNA/protein replicating machine must have been at least as complex and organized as the machine itself. Far more so if we suppose him additionally capable of such advanced functions as listening to prayers and forgiving sins. To explain the origin of the DNA/protein machine by invoking a supernatural Designer is to explain precisely nothing, for it leaves unexplained the origin of the Designer. You have to say something like "God was always there", and if you allow yourself that kind of lazy way out, you might as well just say "DNA was always there", or "Life was always there", and be done with it."

Richard Dawkins: "The Blind Watchmaker" 1986

Human DNA would involve stardust. The Bible clearly states this.

Dawkins does not read the Bible enough to understand it. He makes a living out of cheap headlines; selling tickets to pre dispositioned thinkers. He does not offer any thought of significance.

Ok this is becoming silly.
Why do you refuse to acknowledge that your belief system is illogical? It's illogical whether you agree or not. I'm merely pointing out the truth.

If everything that exists requires a creator, your deity requires a creator.

The logical fallacy on which you base your faith is called 'special pleading'.

Why do you refuse to acknowledge that your belief system is illogical? It's illogical whether you agree or not. I'm merely pointing out the truth.

This topic has always been about whether creation was designed vs whether it occurred randomnly. You cannot stay on point probably because of your bias.

Human DNA would involve stardust. The Bible clearly states this.

Where?
Dawkins does not read the Bible enough to understand it. He makes a living out of cheap headlines; selling tickets to pre dispositioned thinkers. He does not offer any thought of significance.

Dawkins urges all to read the Bible, describing it as 'a great work of literature' and wants copies in every school in England.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where?

Dawkins urges all to read the Bible, describing it as 'a great work of literature' and wants copies in every school in England.
There's no greater advertisement for atheism than the bible.

It's impossible to counter faith with logic. Faith has a "just because" answer for everything that logic just can't penetrate.

To question faith is to lose it, like I did years ago.

It's impossible to counter faith with logic. Faith has a "just because" answer for everything that logic just can't penetrate.

To question faith is to lose it, like I did years ago.
It's fascinating to see the process in action from intelligent and knowledgeable people refuse to recognise logical flaws in their thinking. I was once there too, brother.

Genesis 3:19 for dust you are and to dust you will return

DNA or deoxyribonucleic acid made up of four chemical nucleobases: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T) which, in turn, are components of nucleotides which are organic compounds that contains carbon-hydrogen or carbon-carbon bonds.

All that Genesis 3:19 suggests is that the ancients observed human bodies decaying into the ground and noted that fact.

The Bible certainly does not "clearly" state that human DNA involves stardust, as you claimed.

DNA or deoxyribonucleic acid made up of four chemical nucleobases: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T) which, in turn, are components of nucleotides which are organic compounds that contains carbon-hydrogen or carbon-carbon bonds.

All that Genesis 3:19 suggests is that the ancients observed human bodies decaying into the ground and noted that fact.

The Bible certainly does not "clearly" state that human DNA involves stardust, as you claimed.

Stardust has a 9.5% composite of hydrogen

Genesis 3:19 for dust you are and to dust you will return.

THE SCIENCE IS IN UNISON WITH THE WORD AND IS OVERWHELMING

Planetary scientist and stardust expert Dr Ashley King explains.
'It is totally 100% true: nearly all the elements in the human body were made in a star and many have come through several supernovas.'

stardust-infographic-two-column.jpg.thumb.768.768.jpg

Ninety-seven per cent of the human body consists of stardust, claim scientists who have measured the distribution of essential elements of life in over 150,000 stars in the Milky Way galaxy. The six most common elements of life on Earth – including more than 97 per cent of the mass of a human body – are carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, sulphur and phosphorus. It is an undeniable fact that most of the essential elements of life are made in stars, researchers said.

The new catalogue includes all of the “CHNOPS elements” -carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous, and sulphur -known to be the building blocks of all life on Earth

Locally

Stardust in our DNA - our journey through time and space

Last edited:

'It is totally 100% true: nearly all the elements in the human body were made in a star and many have come through several supernovas.'

View attachment 1752125

Ninety-seven per cent of the human body consists of stardust, claim scientists who have measured the distribution of essential elements of life in over 150,000 stars in the Milky Way galaxy. The six most common elements of life on Earth – including more than 97 per cent of the mass of a human body – are carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, sulphur and phosphorus. It is an undeniable fact that most of the essential elements of life are made in stars, researchers said.

The new catalogue includes all of the “CHNOPS elements” -carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous, and sulphur -known to be the building blocks of all life on Earth

Locally

I'm well aware of what stardust is and its contribution towards the composition of the planet.

Where does the Bible clearly say human DNA would involve stardust, as you claimed?

View attachment 1752125

Locally

When the bible is scientifically accurate, it's proof of its divine origins. When the bible is scientifically incorrect, those verses aren't to be interpreted literally.

That's Christian apologetics in a nutshell. You see what you want to see and ignore inconvenient parts.

As Roy said, the Genesis passage is just a basic observation from primitive men that humans are made from material found on Earth and they decompose to base molecules. There's nothing about stardust. You're reading things into the bible that aren't there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back