Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the non-gender specific person of Your Desire (Part 8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-downloaded Bumble a week or so ago. Got to chatting to a nice girl, after a few messages back and forth I tried to move it off that platform and onto phone texting, she didn't want to, fair enough I thought. Now we arranged to meet on Sunday arvo for some drinks, and she said something along the lines of 'yeah I'd love to but just letting you know I'm a bit sick etc etc I have no symptoms but just incase I have to bail'

This was pretty deflating as I feel it's obvious she's just covering her ass for the impending bail. Now I've had girls bail on me before, of course, but they've never foreshadowed it in this way. I dunno, am I just being irrational? I found it more insulting than if she'd just bailed the day before.

Re-downloaded Bumble a week or so ago. Got to chatting to a nice girl, after a few messages back and forth I tried to move it off that platform and onto phone texting, she didn't want to, fair enough I thought. Now we arranged to meet on Sunday arvo for some drinks, and she said something along the lines of 'yeah I'd love to but just letting you know I'm a bit sick etc etc I have no symptoms but just incase I have to bail'

This was pretty deflating as I feel it's obvious she's just covering her ass for the impending bail. Now I've had girls bail on me before, of course, but they've never foreshadowed it in this way. I dunno, am I just being irrational? I found it more insulting than if she'd just bailed the day before.

Either has social anxiety, a potential better offer or irritable bowel syndrome.

Not going tomorrow, we haven’t spoken for like 3 days now and I haven’t noticed. :p Sorry to disappoint!

giphy.gif

She's a bit sick but has no symptoms? What the *?

Not going tomorrow, we haven’t spoken for like 3 days now and I haven’t noticed. :p Sorry to disappoint!

Well that news ruins my weekend :(

Sad news sir. Please get back on the horse and provide us with an update soon. We're all rooting for ya

Say to her "that's fine, happy to drive you home whenever you need" and see how quickly another excuse comes up, or ask to reschedule. You don't want your first date/catchup to be clouded like that (her feeling sick/unsure if wanting to be there and you thinking she's going to disappear any second), not good for either of you . Whatever she says back will probably give you the answer on whether you're being irrational or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's a bit sick but has no symptoms? What the ****?

here is the exact message:

"I have to confess though. I've had some blood tests recently because I've been constantly tired and they told me today that I have glandular fever. I don't really have symptoms but just wanted to tell you in case it gets worse and I have to cancel"

Natures ketchup

Man why:sick::sick::sick::sick:

"I have to confess though. I've had some blood tests recently because I've been constantly tired and they told me today that I have glandular fever. I don't really have symptoms but just wanted to tell you in case it gets worse and I have to cancel"

Maybe avoid kissing on the first date to be safe... Isn't it spreadable for like a year?

Man why:sick::sick::sick::sick:
Well that makes a bit more sense than 'sick with no symptoms' - glandular can be pretty debilitating, some days you just can't get out of bed, but I guess see what happens as some people do get flakey and set up to cancel the date, but could be legit. Also yeah avoid kissing as that s**t is contagious and also termed 'kissing disease'

Oh yeh didnt think of that. Well pb can down on her nps

And if the river runs red, Pb can go the dirt track. Sorted

Fair enough then. Well I guess you'd better hope she isn't on Bigfooty then, there are that many birds on here it's a fair chance of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back