The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for getting excited but since when has beating Sunderland become a time to scream dynasty from the rooftops?

He's gotta put silverware in the cabinet though. Rafa did that.

I'd be amazed if Jurg doesn't win anything here

And lol of course it's not just based on Sunderland

FFS I don't care, Leicester won it, I ain't gonna sit around thinking we can't anymore, so what if we fail, wouldn't be anymore different than the past 20 years, I'm just no longer gonna do it while worrying about shit, I'm gonna go nuts

I'd be amazed if Jurg doesn't win anything here

And lol of course it's not just based on Sunderland

FFS I don't care, Leicester won it, I ain't gonna sit around thinking we can't anymore, so what if we fail, wouldn't be anymore different than the past 20 years, I'm just no longer gonna do it while worrying about shit, I'm gonna go nuts
Oh im with ya bro. Im all for it. I just had this conversation with WR. He's trying to tell me to calm down and temper expectations.

Do I think we are gonna win the league? Not really no.

Can we? Sure, why not?

Can I hope and pray and support them, win, lose or draw? Hell yes.

Do I love Jurgen Klopp? Yep!

If I dont hope we win the league or get excited about still being in the title race then whats the point of supporting them anyways. I'm all in.

Although, awaiting news on Cout which could change all my feelings for this season.

Oh im with ya bro. Im all for it. I just had this conversation with WR. He's trying to tell me to calm down and temper expectations.

Do I think we are gonna win the league? Not really no.

Can we? Sure, why not?

Can I hope and pray and support them, win, lose or draw? Hell yes.

Do I love Jurgen Klopp? Yep!

If I dont hope we win the league or get excited about still being in the title race then whats the point of supporting them anyways. I'm all in.

Although, awaiting news on Cout which could change all my feelings for this season.

Of course a Spurs fan tells people to temper expectations, they are born to be irrelevant so they don't understand it

Yaya Toure returned to the Man City squad lately and Bastian is back for Man United.

Surely with all the injuries we've got that might give Sakho a chance?

Would pair Klavan and Sakho and put Lucas in the midfield for the league cup game.
Did I miss some injuries in the CB department?

Yaya Toure returned to the Man City squad lately and Bastian is back for Man United.

Surely with all the injuries we've got that might give Sakho a chance?

Would pair Klavan and Sakho and put Lucas in the midfield for the league cup game.

Just let it go, man. Forget about him. He's finished at Liverpool.

Looks likely that Coutinho will miss big games against Everton, Man City, Man United and Chelsea.

Mane to miss the latter 2 games as well.

Luckily one of those last 2 is a mid table club ;)

I
We were also talking about how great Rogers was during our title run a few years back, let's hold fire on Klopp a great for now.
No issue with Rogers as he wanted Liverpool to play attacking possession based football. I think the year we finished runners up though he fkd it up in the Chelsea game as he still went out with the same game plan, you score 2 and we'll score 3. If Klopp was in that situation he would've played it smarter and not go out gung ho especially against Chelsea who were experts on the counter. Anyway hindsight is a beautiful thing but one thing I'm sure of is we are so fortunate to have the crazy German leading us.

I

No issue with Rogers as he wanted Liverpool to play attacking possession based football. I think the year we finished runners up though he fkd it up in the Chelsea game as he still went out with the same game plan, you score 2 and we'll score 3. If Klopp was in that situation he would've played it smarter and not go out gung ho especially against Chelsea who were experts on the counter. Anyway hindsight is a beautiful thing but one thing I'm sure of is we are so fortunate to have the crazy German leading us.
This is some balony though. Why on earth would we change the only game plan that had gotten us any where? It had overcome buses that season. We looked likely too before the Gerrard incident, IIRC. That led to going behind against an extremely tight defensive unit that had no cause to play football after taking a lead away from home.

I would have baked Rodgers to no end if he tried to mess with that winning formula against Chelsea. We just didn't have to defensive capability to lock the game down. Besides how do you beat a bus if you aren't going gung ho? We would have gotten nowhere.

"If Klopp was there" like we'd never lose a game under him.

This is some balony though. Why on earth would we change the only game plan that had gotten us any where? It had overcome buses that season. We looked likely too before the Gerrard incident, IIRC. That led to going behind against an extremely tight defensive unit that had no cause to play football after taking a lead away from home.

I would have baked Rodgers to no end if he tried to mess with that winning formula against Chelsea. We just didn't have to defensive capability to lock the game down. Besides how do you beat a bus if you aren't going gung ho? We would have gotten nowhere.

"If Klopp was there" like we'd never lose a game under him.

Should've played an extra DM in the Chelsea game and a draw would've been perfect. A loss puts pressure going into the palace game and we know what happened there. I just feel Klopp would've managed that final 3 game period better than Rogers.

Should've played an extra DM in the Chelsea game and a draw would've been perfect. A loss puts pressure going into the palace game and we know what happened there. I just feel Klopp would've managed that final 3 game period better than Rogers.
Our midfield was Gerrard, Lucas and Allen and our only other "midfield" option from the bench was Luis Alberto.

We had 76% possession and 26 shots. What can you do? Another "DM" if they had existed wouldn't have played behind Gerrard so that wouldn't have stopped their goal.

The Palace result didn't matter. It was a pipe dream to go after that GD defecit. We would have won comfortably if we didn't have to dig in for an 8-0 victory or whatever.

There can be no blame placed on Rodgers for the end to that season and the Chelsea result. If you were to place blame on any single individual it would be Gerrard. But what would be the point in being vindictive like that, all people make mistakes. We were just unfortunate to come up against Mourinho.

Our midfield was Gerrard, Lucas and Allen and our only other "midfield" option from the bench was Luis Alberto.

We had 76% possession and 26 shots. What can you do? Another "DM" if they had existed wouldn't have played behind Gerrard so that wouldn't have stopped their goal.

The Palace result didn't matter. It was a pipe dream to go after that GD defecit. We would have won comfortably if we didn't have to dig in for an 8-0 victory or whatever.

There can be no blame placed on Rodgers for the end to that season and the Chelsea result. If you were to place blame on any single individual it would be Gerrard. But what would be the point in being vindictive like that, all people make mistakes. We were just unfortunate to come up against Mourinho.

Fair enough.
76% possession and 26 shots just wow.
Mourinho is a campaigner

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough.
76% possession and 26 shots just wow.
Mourinho is a campaigner

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, I know my memory is hazy on that game (a conscious choice) but I know we deserved a result. Their second came after we had subbed Lucas and Flannagan for two strikers, Sturridge and Aspas. There wasn't much more we could do to try to score because they had 10 behind the ball. Meaning it would go one of two ways, we score or they get in easily on the break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other factor that went into this was Henderson picking up a late sraight red Vs City. He missed the Chelsea and Palace games as a result.

Any news on Coutinho? Fox Sports running with the news he may be out until next year. What do they base this on you ask? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

The other factor that went into this was Henderson picking up a late sraight red Vs City. He missed the Chelsea and Palace games as a result.
This is what cost us the title.
With such a short on quality squad, losing Hendo to a pointless red card hurt us. This was the rattler. The slip and the draw at Palace were the left right jabs to finish us off.

Looks likely that Coutinho will miss big games against Everton, Man City, Man United and Chelsea.

Mane to miss the latter 2 games as well.

tumblr_ms4os6bMiA1sg7ck2o1_500.gif

So Firmino's fine, Sturridge probably not

Ligament damage sounds about right particularly with Cout not feeling pain at half time, which is how it usually works. Should be okay in Jan, maybe fit enough for Christmas period

whats Sturs injury now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back